Home Main Category Clubhouse

Yoga Pants and today's attire rant.

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,981 Senior Member
    Hey! I click on the "play" arrow, and its just a still image?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Zorba, the last time I made a simple comment on a post and it sent you into one of your meaningless verbal diarrhea diatribes I gave you a warning.  I'm not a moderator anymore and I don't really have to be nice to anyone.  I'm going to warn you one LAST time.

I made some pretty simple comments on this thread, none was taken as anything but a comment of my personal opinion by anyone except for you.  For some reason you feel that everything I post is directed at you and that I'm some sort of nemesis, and you feel the need to respond with paragraphs of insults.  

Please understand that this is only happening in YOUR head.  Whatever emotion YOU assign to what I type on this forum is a fantasy of YOUR own making.  I could not care less about you, your life, your likes or dislikes or if you are even breathing.  I'm CERTAINLY not trying to MAKE you do anything at all.  I'm pretty sure NO ONE is...  I really could not care less about you.  We are NOT oil and water as you think, I don't even understand your universe, or care to expend an ounce of energy trying or want to be a part of it.

So I'm going to say this truly ONE last time.  Leave me the hell alone and the next time you barf all over a thread in response to a simple observation from me I can promise you I will NOT be kind or civilized.

Do we understand each other?

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,748 Senior Member
    I think  reading my sigline would be beneficial about now.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    edited April 2020 #65
    I think  reading my sigline would be beneficial about now.

Mike
    I've been walking away from his trolling my posts long enough.  It's HIGH time he takes a few steps back.  As I said, I don't have to be nice anymore, and I've HAD it with him.

But maybe you can educate me.  Did I post ANYTHING on this thread the could be construed as "bait" or be taken by ANY rational human being as forcing my opinions on others?  Tell you what, if you feel I did please moderate it and let me know and I'll try to refrain myself in the future.  But REALLY I don't think I did, or have done ANYTHING that should elicit the rants that he goes on.

Again, the only place I'm his nemesis or I'm baiting him is in his own head.
    edited April 2020 #66
    I'm just gonna walk away, like linefinder suggests. GN and I just aren't going to agree nor get along. We're either polar opposites or maybe we're too much alike!  I will endeavor to ignore him when he gets into an area I disagree with, and hope he does the same.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    zorba said:
    I'm just gonna walk away, like linefinder suggests. GN and I just aren't going to agree nor get along. We're either polar opposites or maybe we're too much alike!  I will endeavor to ignore him when he gets into an area I disagree with, and hope he does the same.
    Sounds like a great idea and please by all means KNOW that I am ignoring you as I have for MONTHS.  NOTHING I post, or will EVER post be directed at you.
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
    Next week I will start a thread tiled: Yoga pants and.270's.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,364 Senior Member

Add in Marlin V Winchester and this place will implode........... :D
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    And I'm going to chime in about how bad they both are. I've tasted some and shot one.

Mike
    N454casull
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Now we can go back to safe subjects like what color patent leather shoes go best with plad? White or red? And should the belt match?
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
    Now we can go back to safe subjects like what color patent leather shoes go best with plad? White or red? And should the belt match?
    See the source image
    White and YES!  Jeeeezzzzz....
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:
    Sounds like a great idea and please by all means KNOW that I am ignoring you as I have for MONTHS.  NOTHING I post, or will EVER post be directed at you.
    As my good friend Faethor Ferenczy would say, "So be it!"

)O(
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,739 Senior Member
    edited April 2020 #75
    Now that the half-time show is over.
    Back to those irresistible yoga pants.
    Any questions?
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

Nope. No questions!

)O(
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,946 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:

I never liked wearing my dress uniform when in the Army. When tailored to regulation it was just too tight. Years later I learned that it took more tailor work than sleeves and cuffs to be comfortable.  Same with a suit, off the rack unless you are perfect for it, a tailor is needed.  Once you get a quality properly fitted shirt, a tie is bearable now and then 

Well, maybe because it was an Army uniform :) You went through the wrong door if you wanted to look good.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,886 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:

I never liked wearing my dress uniform when in the Army. When tailored to regulation it was just too tight. Years later I learned that it took more tailor work than sleeves and cuffs to be comfortable.  Same with a suit, off the rack unless you are perfect for it, a tailor is needed.  Once you get a quality properly fitted shirt, a tie is bearable now and then 

Well, maybe because it was an Army uniform :) You went through the wrong door if you wanted to look good.
    Yeah, should have gone in the Navy...

The latest shitty change to Army uniforms is the Army Service Uniform aka ASU

No good deed goes unpunished...
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,946 Senior Member
    Promo outing for caramel corn?
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,538 Senior Member
    Gila said:
    Diver43 said:

Those uniforms along with the work uniform contributed to my desire to hang it up after 6 years in the Navy. Not a primary reason, but definitely a motivating factor!
  • Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 600 Senior Member
    Meanwhile.... Beagles, or not beagles?

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
    Some_Mook said:
    Meanwhile.... Beagles, or not beagles?

:D 
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    orchidman said:

Add in Marlin V Winchester and this place will implode........... :D

I miss that thread about Marlin vs. Winchester. Fun thread with lots of laughs from WheresMyGun.
    Regarding yoga pants, the ladies with the figure for them really make me smile, however I have seen some yoga pants on some women stretched to the point that they resembled small mesh fish netting and you could hear the stitching screaming in agony.
    Men's suits. I have worn suits for two occasions in my lifetime; weddings and funerals. I have never worked a job that would allow wearing a suit. Rotating machinery and ties and loose sleeves are a deadly mix. Saw a farmer get the leg of his old worn out overalls tangled in a PTO universal joint on a hay baler (this was before Nanny State PTO guards came into being). He grabbed and held onto a rear tractor tire as the PTO skinned off his rotten old overalls. He wasn't wearing underwear; scarred my young mind for life..... :D I think I laughed a bit too hard. Only scratched his leg a little around the ankle; otherwise he was fine, and buck nekkid. :D:D:D
    I love beagles, except when there's a full or near full moon. They howl like crazy. They are also a slave to their noses, and an interesting smell disconnects their ability to hear. Otherwise, they're one of my favorite dogs, with English Setters taking first place in my list. Funniest, and coming third are the Basset Hounds; watching them run a rabbit is hilarious. The rabbit keeps looking back as if to say, "Dude, you following me, or what?" :D
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Mode of dress is something that is very individual and I believe most folks dress to whatever standard makes them feel good or comfortable about/with themselves.  Some care a bit about appearance, some don't.  I think most do to a certain extent.

I remember my ex wife's grandmother telling me about her husband being a stickler about the quality of his clothing.  His suits were all from Brooks Brothers and his hats were Stetson Fedoras made out of 100% fur.  He only owned two pairs of shoes and both were Johnston and Murphy USA hand made.  One pair black for "work" and one pair Brown for casual weekend wear.  He wore a suit every day to take the train from Croton, NY into NYC and after he came home at night he took his coat off and never removed his tie until he went to bed.  His day off from the suit was on Sundays when he took off the tie and rolled up the cuffs of his shirt.

Years later I asked my MIL (this was her dad we were talking about) what her father did for a living and she said he was a machinist for a manufacturing company in New York City.  He was a blue collar worker who got greasy and grimy every day of the week.  She told me the man dressed in a suit EVERY day to go to work and as soon as he got there he undressed, his clothes went neatly into a locker, he donned his coveralls and work boots and at the end of the day he showered at work and put his suit back on before getting on the train to come back home.

Needless to say I asked why he went through so much trouble and her answer was because he cared very much about his appearance and he believed it was tied to a man's "status" in life (not an uncommon belief at the time).  He was a stern man who demanded respect and he wanted to make sure no one ever failed to give it to him because of the way he dressed.

I thought that was a rather interesting perspective but then I remember my dad was the same way.  Dad was a doctor and I remember he wore his FIRST pair of jeans when he was already in his 50s and he went kicking and screaming.  My mom literally made him!  He did not were a suit every day but you NEVER saw my dad in shorts or any kind of true casual clothing.  His pants were pressed and shirts were starched, even his Guayaberas (formal casual shirt of the tropics).

Anyway as I said, this whole dress thing is a very personal thing and everyone has their own perspective on why they dress the way they do.  I go from total bum in torn jeans and flip flops to suits and back frequently.  I actually do miss wearing suits more often than what I do now.  I've always felt perfectly comfortable in one.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,739 Senior Member
    At home

At work

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• N454casullN454casull Member Posts: 671 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Mode of dress is something that is very individual and I believe most folks dress to whatever standard makes them feel good or comfortable about/with themselves.  Some care a bit about appearance, some don't.  I think most do to a certain extent.

I remember my ex wife's grandmother telling me about her husband being a stickler about the quality of his clothing.  His suits were all from Brooks Brothers and his hats were Stetson Fedoras made out of 100% fur.  He only owned two pairs of shoes and both were Johnston and Murphy USA hand made.  One pair black for "work" and one pair Brown for casual weekend wear.  He wore a suit every day to take the train from Croton, NY into NYC and after he came home at night he took his coat off and never removed his tie until he went to bed.  His day off from the suit was on Sundays when he took off the tie and rolled up the cuffs of his shirt.

Years later I asked my MIL (this was her dad we were talking about) what her father did for a living and she said he was a machinist for a manufacturing company in New York City.  He was a blue collar worker who got greasy and grimy every day of the week.  She told me the man dressed in a suit EVERY day to go to work and as soon as he got there he undressed, his clothes went neatly into a locker, he donned his coveralls and work boots and at the end of the day he showered at work and put his suit back on before getting on the train to come back home.

Needless to say I asked why he went through so much trouble and her answer was because he cared very much about his appearance and he believed it was tied to a man's "status" in life (not an uncommon belief at the time).  He was a stern man who demanded respect and he wanted to make sure no one ever failed to give it to him because of the way he dressed.

I thought that was a rather interesting perspective but then I remember my dad was the same way.  Dad was a doctor and I remember he wore his FIRST pair of jeans when he was already in his 50s and he went kicking and screaming.  My mom literally made him!  He did not were a suit every day but you NEVER saw my dad in shorts or any kind of true casual clothing.  His pants were pressed and shirts were starched, even his Guayaberas (formal casual shirt of the tropics).

Anyway as I said, this whole dress thing is a very personal thing and everyone has their own perspective on why they dress the way they do.  I go from total bum in torn jeans and flip flops to suits and back frequently.  I actually do miss wearing suits more often than what I do now.  I've always felt perfectly comfortable in one.
    Flex bro flex! 
    edited April 2020 #87
    Gunnut, funny you mention the suit in the morning thing. My parents went through a bitter divorce and custody battle in Detroit in the early to mid 60's. When my Dad went to work in the morning, he was wearing a suit. When he came home he was wearing a suit. (He did take it off though once home). He was a sheet-metal worker in a sign shop.

After the court deal was over, (Dad won, rightfully so), we moved to Louisiana and Dad started wearing khakis to work. Many years later I asked him why he went to the trouble of a suit to work while in Michigan.

He told me he was the first man in Wayne County, MI to win custody of the children in a contested custody battle, and at the time a neighbors impression of a person could make the difference between winning and losing. So he chose not to look like a construction worker in public.

He also said, "Guess you don't remember that I bought a new car every year, too".

He was one smart man. Probably the smartest I've ever known.

Mike

N454casull
    GunNut said:

Flex bro flex! 
    I still have no idea what that means.  I guess I'm not "street" enough...
    Gunnut, funny you mention the suit in the morning thing. My parents went through a bitter divorce and custody battle in Detroit in the early to mid 60's. When my Dad went to work in the morning, he was wearing a suit. When he came home he was wearing a suit. (He did take it off though once home). He was a sheet-metal worker in a sign shop.

After the court deal was over, (Dad won, rightfully so), we moved to Louisiana and Dad started wearing khakis to work. Many years later I asked him why he went to the trouble of a suit to work while in Michigan.

He told me he was the first man in Wayne County, MI to win custody of the children in a contested custody battle, and at the time a neighbors impression of a person could make the difference between winning and losing. So he chose not to look like a construction worker in public.

He also said, "Guess you don't remember that I bought a new car every year, too".

He was one smart man. Probably the smartest I've ever known.

Mike

For good or bad, other folks impression of you will affect you tremendously as you go through life.  Opportunities and decisions will go your way or against you based on simple things you say, or wear, or the way you act for sometimes just an instant.  Nowadays the wrong picture on the internet might just cost you the job of a lifetime.

Everyone is of course free to do whatever they want.  No ONE is free from judgement by others.  And as has been proven over and over again by the members here EVERYONE judges everyone.  It's just a fact of life that needs to be accepted and managed.
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,886 Senior Member
    JKP said:
    Gila said:
    Diver43 said:

Those uniforms along with the work uniform contributed to my desire to hang it up after 6 years in the Navy. Not a primary reason, but definitely a motivating factor!
    My tailor-made blues were sharp and comfortable, and I really liked my Seafarer dugarees with the chambray shirt.  The problem was with the whites which always got dirty just putting them on.

No good deed goes unpunished...
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,112 Senior Member
    edited April 2020 #91
    My working career entailed wearing uniforms sometimes suits/sportcoats...towards the end I got by most days with a polo shirt and 5-11s....All the suits and ties. went to Goodwill the day after I retired...

Nowadays if I have to "dress up" it's clean jeans a nice shirt and depending on the event a sportcoat, western boots and my good Stetson....

Military/veterans funerals get the kilt and related regalia...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"