Home Main Category General Firearms

FAL magazine repairs

2»

Replies

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 7,366 Senior Member
    The good.

The top magazine looks bad but actually functions well. There is another layer of steel under that layer that is just fine. 
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.

The bad!
    the tear in the magazine. Then the follower is not like any other I’ve seen. The spring or follower are not compatible, it has no way to attach to the follower. The spring is much less powered than the other 3. The body of this mag is an Israeli mag. I have other like it that are great. These parts did not come from the same magazine. 

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Elk creek said:

The bad!
    the tear in the magazine. Then the follower is not like any other I’ve seen. The spring or follower are not compatible, it has no way to attach to the follower. The spring is much less powered than the other 3. The body of this mag is an Israeli mag. I have other like it that are great. These parts did not come from the same magazine. 

Oh that bad magazine would ABSOLUTELY be in the return box if I was making this call buddy.
    GunNut said:
    Elk creek said:

The bad!

Oh that bad magazine would ABSOLUTELY be in the return box if I was making this call buddy.
    Yeah, you’re right.... Karma
    edited May 2020 #36
    Got the replacements today.....🤣😂

I think I pissed them off. All the mags were disassembled with a mix master of parts, and beat to crap!  All but one that is perfect except the “beak” was flat.... easy fix... 
    Done all the crap parts back to them. Done and done.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Lesson learned and your up 4 mags.  Not bad!
    GunNut said:
    Lesson learned and your up 4 mags.  Not bad!
    Pew pew pew, and much wiser! 
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    I slid out to the range to function test the 4 repaired magazines. It was all kinds of muddy so I didn’t even set out any paper, but all lanes have a 12” steel plate at 100, 150, 200 yards. Well all my repaired mags function perfectly! Dang I’m happy. I’m more happy with the DS arms SA58 (the FAL) I have. I went 10/10 at 200 yards on the steel with irons. 
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Good thing you went in the morning.............
    Good thing you went in the morning.............
    Yeah it was a bit wet!