Home Main Category Clubhouse

Anyone want to go to jail for life for buying a fuel filter

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 2,410 Senior Member
I saw this on FB, cracks me up!  I guarantee if you bought one the ATF would be knocking on your door really quickly!

https://holewins.com/products/for-napa-4003-wix-24003-1-2-28-5-8-24-fuel-filter-aluminum-solvent-trap?fbclid=IwAR0Op8nFtxr_eA0PFpfVFPWUE6EMFvalI9fp2rFfVlRO-kBSKl4kC0OQqo4

Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,041 Senior Member
    I have been seeing those ads all over the place.

I have also been seeing people saying that these are honeypot traps.

But the ATF has been cool with “solvent traps” for years (as long as the company does not also give instructions for doing a Form 1 and suppressor build instructions).  Not sure this is a trap or not.

But it sure seems hinky 
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,041 Senior Member
    There are videos all over YouTube of people doing form 1 legal builds with these “fuel filters”, including the Monocore ones that REALLY seem like they are skirting the edge.

No one has been busted yet.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,739 Senior Member
    edited May 2020 #5
    Has anyone found a fuel filter that filters more than just rocks... Asking for a friend.

It's a BS site... The Holewins website has been in operation for 3 months. It's sister site that actually carries the Napa and Wix name is out of Haining City, Zhejian Province, China.  (The real Napa is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.)
    Their TOS is filled with all the different ways you can't sue them. They sell parts and kits, the user decides what to do with them.
    Don't trust these guys.
    Your best outcome would be if you order and nothing shows up (out $60 bucks and you report your credit card compromised)

A 1% confidence rating isn't very good.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
    edited May 2020 #6

OUR GUARANTEE

• We truly believe we carry some of the most innovative products in the world, and we want to make sure we back that up with a risk-free ironclad 90-day guarantee.
    • If you don't have a positive experience for ANY reason, we will do WHATEVER it takes to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your purchase.
    • Buying items online can be a daunting task, so we want you to realize that there is an absolute ZERO risks in buying something and trying it out. If you don't like it, no hard feelings we'll make it right.
    • We have 24/7/365 Ticket and Email Support. Please contact us if you need assistance.
    The 2nd bullet point: Does that include people pounding on the door with blue lights and sirens at 3am Hahaha!!! Better Call Saul!!
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,767 Senior Member
    I have been getting those adds everywhere.  I wont even click on them or attempt to close them out if there is an "x" in the corner.  I just assume that anytime I see an add like that it is somehow tied to the ATF looking for suckers.
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 1,319 Senior Member
    Pretty sad when you really sit back and think of how stupid, asinine and draconian it is for something like that to be a federal felony. We really screwed up and now its too late to stop the downward spiral that is our government. 
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    edited May 2020 #9
    Pretty sad when you really sit back and think of how stupid, asinine and draconian it is for something like that to be a federal felony. We really screwed up and now its too late to stop the downward spiral that is our government. 
    It's illegal to have a 'muffler' for a firearm unless it is registered with the BATFE, but odd that a lot of motorcycles and cars run around with no muffler, and if the car/motorcycle is too loud, you just get a ticket and have to put a muffler on. But it's illegal to put a muffler on a firearm without a 'Mother, may I' permit from the government. And vehicles kill a lot of people, too. When you think about it, the irony is as thick as a brick.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,573 Senior Member
    mitdr774 said:
    I have been getting those adds everywhere.  I wont even click on them or attempt to close them out if there is an "x" in the corner.  I just assume that anytime I see an add like that it is somehow tied to the ATF looking for suckers.
    Not ATF looking for suckers. Such a thing would legally be entrapment, I think.  Plus ATF wouldn't look for a chicken-crap possession charge because they have much bigger fish to fry.  Terrorism, for example.  Click-bait or an off-shore scam for your money.    Got friends in ATF and have worked with them a couple of times before a long time ago.  The lack of a spike in ATF silencer cases should reflect this.  I can't think of a case where the simple possession of a silencer prosecution was made...usually such cases are made when there are multiple offenses. I'm sure there are exceptions, though, but I've not heard of them on a Federal level.  Local LE?  Yes, in the NE US and California, you're screwed.

Silencer rules are stupid in the US while possession and use of them is encouraged just about everywhere else.  Things seem to be looking hopeful in the future in the Free States where firearms are aren't restricted, at least.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.