Home Main Category Clubhouse

PSA...prostate biopsy

2»

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,986 Senior Member
    I peed blood in Y2K, thank Goddess it was just an asymptomatic kidney stone. I was a bit "concerned" at the time...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,958 Senior Member
    edited May 2020 #33
    Yeah, I got an antibiotic shot and a pill this AM, and another pill to take before bedtime. Hope that works.

Hardest part of the day was a required self administered enema while getting headbutted by our new 12 lb cat. Some things are better left alone.

Mike
    Only you can make something like administering an enema seem funny.  You paint a picture I NEVER want to see. :)

Why do all of his funny stories involve his butt??

Good luck LF.

I took 2 of those shots when I tore open my leg on volcanic rock. They said they would hurt less in my butt. I told them that may be true, but I dont have to sit on my shoulders.

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,749 Senior Member
    Yeah, I got an antibiotic shot and a pill this AM, and another pill to take before bedtime. Hope that works.

Hardest part of the day was a required self administered enema while getting headbutted by our new 12 lb cat. Some things are better left alone.

Mike
    Only you can make something like administering an enema seem funny.  You paint a picture I NEVER want to see. :)

Why do all of his funny stories involve his butt??

Because sometimes (often) bad things happen to good people. Or so I'm told.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,958 Senior Member
    edited May 2020 #35

Because sometimes (often) bad things happen to good people in bad places.

Mike
    fify

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member

May has been a tough month so far, but the biopsy came back negative. Finally, some good stuff this month.

Mike
    Great news!!!!  Congratulations!  Tonight we drink to continued good health!!!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member

May has been a tough month so far, but the biopsy came back negative. Finally, some good stuff this month.

Mike
    Good news
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member

Mike
    That's good news for sure! Good news is always welcome!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member

Mike
    Thanks for letting us know, Mike.  I'm glad things are looking up.

Maybe it's time for a trip to the prairie.  Wish I was there to make one with you.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Thank Goddess. There's nothing I personally fear more than prostate cancer.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    zorba said:
    Postrate cancer is slow. Lots of time to catch it and cure it if noticed early enough, I was lucky...I'll die of something, but it won't be prostate cancer.

Bladder cancer, OTOH, is a horse of a different color. My FIL was diagnosed with this today. That's not good, but there seem to be various options...none of them good.

Mike
    N454casull
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,143 Senior Member
    Great news, remember I said I hope all the tests were a waste of time?  They weren't because now you know.

Best of luck to your FIL
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    zorba said:
    Postrate cancer is slow. Lots of time to catch it and cure it if noticed early enough, I was lucky...I'll die of something, but it won't be prostate cancer.

Tell that to my late father. He was supposedly cancer free for 20 years, then it came back and killed him.

)O(
    zorba said:
    zorba said:

Tell that to my late father. He was supposedly cancer free for 20 years, then it came back and killed him.

I am very sorry about that. Hopefully early detection and treatments have progressed over time. I'm hanging my hat on that anyway.

Mike
    N454casull
    I think it has. He had his prostate removed, but they did NOT do any followup radiation nor chemo. His PSA was non-existent for about 20 years, then it shot up within a year, followed by full body metz, and death. He was in a support group for most of that time, and he was the longest survivor by far. He credited that to a horrid fat-free diet.
    If/when it happens to me, I'm going to go full-tilt on it. I want everything removed, radiation and/or chemo - no holds barred.

)O(

Mike
    Thanks for letting us know, Mike.  I'm glad things are looking up.

Maybe it's time for a trip to the prairie.  Wish I was there to make one with you.
    I wish you were too, Jerry.

Mike
    N454casull
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,206 Senior Member
    Good news, hey. 
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,206 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:

Mike
    I'll let you know how many days it takes to get this image out of my head.....
    Apparently 2 weeks, well crap, now its back.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11