Home Main Category Clubhouse

Good movie to watch

Big Al1Big Al1 Senior MemberPosts: 8,501 Senior Member
On Netflix streaming, "The Wrong Missy" with David Spade. We laughed our butts off, nice to see a really funny movie for a change!!

Replies

• Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,412 Senior Member
    I just posted right above yours about the Wrong Missy as well.  Very funny!
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,501 Senior Member
    Great minds think alike!!
  • PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    Let's not  waste a thread. American Ultra, on amazon  is a hoot.
    Good action and comedy.
    That's all I got.

Paul
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,203 Senior Member
    Watched "Extraction" last night that was pretty good, fast pace.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Very good movie for any John Wick fans!
    That's all I got.

Paul
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,739 Senior Member
    A good human interest movie is The Book Thief. Set in Hitler's Germany during WWII.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,749 Senior Member
    Spk said:
    A good human interest movie is The Book Thief. Set in Hitler's Germany during WWII.
    That was a good one.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    We watched "The Queens Gambit" on Netflix, pretty good for a series about chess and I watched "The Liberator" on Netflix, a WWII story about the events the 157th participated in, it did not do the book justice but it was nice to get a visual for some of the more significant events, I cannot imagine a better group of men to go into combat with, the unit citations and individual medal count is huge.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,984 Senior Member
    Queen's Gambit was quite good, but I'm a chess geek. First time I've watched any TV in months. "Searching for Bobby Fischer" is another one in the same vein - both the book and the movie.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    Like Zorba, I love chess, so the Queen's Gambit gripped me from start to finish. Maybe not for everyone...but I loved it.

Another that really surprised me...."Once Upon a Time in Hollywood". Without giving much away, director Quentin Tarentino commented, "this is how Spann Ranch should have ended".

Mike
    N454casull
    Guys, thanks for the recommendations, I need some new shows and movies to watch!  Getting bored with the 5000 channels on Dish TV which have nothing on any of the channels!

• waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Posts: 915 Senior Member
    Wife and I both enjoyed Ratched on Netflix, nothing too high brow but a good yarn.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Like Zorba, I love chess, so the Queen's Gambit gripped me from start to finish. Maybe not for everyone...but I loved it.

Another that really surprised me...."Once Upon a Time in Hollywood". Without giving much away, director Quentin Tarentino commented, "this is how Spann Ranch should have ended".

Mike
    We started Queen's Gambit last night based on recommendations here.  I had read the synopsis before, and figured I might like it, as I've played and enjoyed Chess in the past.  My wife, though, has never played, nor does she understand the game, so I figured it would be boring as hell for her.

I was wrong!

We watched the first 3 episodes last night, and were engrossed.  It's a great watch.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    PFD said:
    Let's not  waste a thread. American Ultra, on amazon  is a hoot.
    Good action and comedy.

[I see what you did there]

The 400 million dollar puppy! 🐕
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

If you truly are a diehard chess fanatic, try making sense of The Luzhin Defence.
    Staring Emily Watson and John Turturro. It's just weird enough Zorba might like it.
    ;)

Another good one is "Cross Creek". Hint.....it's not a Western.

Mike
    N454casull
    We just finished season 1 (6 episodes) Octoberfest Blood and Beer on Netflix.  Based on true events they say.  We found it got better with each episode.  Worth the watch if you're looking for a new short series!

Blood and Beer?!? Sounds like a redneck weekend to me. 🤣

• Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 715 Senior Member
    UNHINGED with Russel Crowe will keep you watching. He is very convincing in his role as deranged psychotic lunatic. It’s actually disturbing that the actions of the movie are very possible.
    If you're a Helen Reddy fan, catch "I am woman" on Netflix.  It's a biopic of her life from when she came to the US until she quit performing in 2002.

Lots of good music.
    Jerry

If you're a Helen Reddy fan, catch "I am woman" on Netflix.  It's a biopic of her life from when she came to the US until she quit performing in 2002.

Lots of good music.
    Gonna check that one out tonight. Thanks.

Mike
    N454casull
    edited November 2020 #23
    We watched "Frozen Ground" on Netflix last night.  It's a movie based on true events about a serial killer in Alaska.  Definitely worth the watch.

NIc Cage plays the role of the cop who catches the killer.  John Cusack plays the bad guy.

[ETA}

This is NOT a family friendly movie.  There are some strip join scenes that have nudity.
    Jerry

Watched I Am Woman last night. Pretty good movie and, as Jerry said, great music.

Mike
    N454casull
    Watched I Am Woman last night. Pretty good movie and, as Jerry said, great music.

Mike
    I Wasn't expecting too much but was actually very entertained.
    Now go watch American Ultra on Amazon.
    That's all I got.

Paul
    UNHINGED with Russel Crowe will keep you watching. He is very convincing in his role as deranged psychotic lunatic. It’s actually disturbing that the actions of the movie are very possible.
    Wife and I rented Unhinged last night. One word describes this movie, “disturbing “!  My wife had her head hidden in the blankets during parts of it. Overall it was a truly awful movie. Don’t waist time renting it

next to make movie night even worse we watched The Kitchen. I remember when the previews came out this one looks promising, oh no no, we went 0 for 2 last night. 

Oh well we’ll find something good tonight I hope!

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,575 Senior Member
    The Siege of Jadotville.  Very good movie about an Irish peacekeeping force in Africa back in the 60s who are attacked by mercenaries.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Just thought I'd mention it again, in case no one was paying any attention....."Once Upon a Time in Hollywood". Excellent plot line and featuring Brad Pitt and Leonardo Di Caprio in what I consider some of their best performances to date.

It is, of course, a Quentin Tarentino movie, but not as over-the-top as his usual. Well worth a Sunday afternoon, IMO.

Mike
    N454casull
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:

Was that him watching the boy at the end?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 5,032 Senior Member
    Last nite we watched " professor  and the Madman" Shun Penn and Mel Gibson true story, well worth watching.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
    edited November 2020 #31
    Buford said:
    CHIRO1989 said:

Was that him watching the boy at the end?
    No clue, I watched it at least back in May per my post.