Home Main Category Clubhouse

How do you do!

Doves_IndefinitelyDoves_Indefinitely Posts: 126 Member
edited May 2020 in Clubhouse #1
Tenderfoot here from Austin, Tx. My username is modeled on Ducks Unlimited and Pheasants Forever. I dream of the founding of an organization so devoted to dove hunting and dove conversation.

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,118 Senior Member
    Welcome! Pleased to meet you...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Doves_IndefinitelyDoves_Indefinitely Posts: 126 Member
    Hi, Jayhawker. I was wondering what the rules were for posting here. What are some of the things that might get posters in trouble or even the boot? I don't imagine cussing, profane language, name-calling or racial remarks are appreciated here. Is there a basic rules page at this site for members on posting do's and don'ts? 
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,204 Senior Member
    edited May 2020 #4
    Welcome, hey. Click on General Firearms forum and look for Forum Rules at the top.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    What he said....
    edited May 2020 #6
    It's also a good idea to check the dates on the posts you're replying to...Last one you commented on was from 2018...falling into the category of a "Zombie Post"...
    Until you get settled in it would be best if you stick to recent posts or even post some stuff of your own...
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Welcome, hey. Click on General Firearms forum and look for Forum Rules at the top.
    1989, thank you very much. I just read through Content Rules. It seems that we should keep things civil here and when we speak, speak as if we were in the presence of nuns in a convent. It seems as we should also not have hot debates here with verbal "boxing gloves" on, so to speak. 
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 1,319 Senior Member
    Don't be an ass is usually sufficient. BTW, welcome!
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
    Don't be an ass is usually sufficient. BTW, welcome!
    Thanks! A donkey (ass) is often stubborn!  B)
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Hey!

Whats your favorite dove gun???
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,204 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    1989, thank you very much. I just read through Content Rules. It seems that we should keep things civil here and when we speak, speak as if we were in the presence of nuns in a convent. It seems as we should also not have hot debates here with verbal "boxing gloves" on, so to speak. 
    The Moderators are good folks to say the least, if you are not sure, ask, or, they will let you know ;)  
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,464 Senior Member
    Welcome!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,749 Senior Member
    Chiro,

That was very diplomatic phrasing. Thank you!

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Welcome.  It's always good to have fellow Texans around.  I think you will fit in just fine.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,142 Senior Member
    Welcome
    What kind of shooting do you enjoy?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Welcome to the forum.
    Dove hunting? That's like some of the hardest wingshooting  there is. After a few shots at a dove field the doves turn on the afterburners and do aerial acrobatics that a fighter pilot can only dream of doing!  :)
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Dove....

I strongly suspect you are a recently banned member who is trying to crawl back under the wire. Nothing would make me happier than to be proven wrong.

Linefinder
    N454casull
  • Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 600 Senior Member
    linguistic profiling?   ;)
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
    It's in our toolbox.

Mike
    N454casull
    edited May 2020 #20
    Some_Mook said:
    linguistic profiling?   ;)
    Perhaps asking posting rules questions raises some suspicion at the "Mod Squad" (the group of moderators in their computer room). People given the boot already may have overlooked the rules before. Does Linefinder suspect this "Dove" is trying to "fly under the radar"? (Only snakes 'crawl' under wires.) I promise I'll be a good little bird!

I naturally try to fly out of shotgun range!  Did Mike say "banned" or "banded" (a little dove humor to lighten things up a bit in a sad world)? :D
    Hey!

Whats your favorite dove gun???
    Dunno yet. I'm now thinking about taking up dove hunting. What's yours if you have one? 
    Diver43 said:
    Welcome
    What kind of shooting do you enjoy?
    Diver, I'm not into sport shooting just yet. I do practice at the range occasionally with my Colt Cobra .38 Spc. + P for personal security. I have dove hunting on my mind now for fun. 
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    edited May 2020 #23
    Welcome aboard!  The burning question: do you have a fondness for gladiator movies?  If so, you'll fit right in.

(...with Zee).
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Dove....

I strongly suspect you are a recently banned member who is trying to crawl back under the wire. Nothing would make me happier than to be proven wrong.

Linefinder

Six-Gun said:
    Welcome aboard!  The burning question: do you have a fondness for gladiator movies?  If so, you'll fit right in.

(...with Zee).
    Gladiator pictures? No, siree. Not even into midget wrestling. 
    Hey!  What you got against Midgets?!?
    Sooo...you're all wound up about dove hunting but don't own a shotgun? One thing is damned hard to accomplish without the other....just sayin...
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
    Dove....

Linefinder
    Same
    edited May 2020 #29
    Jayhawker said:
    Sooo...you're all wound up about dove hunting but don't own a shotgun? One thing is damned hard to accomplish without the other....just sayin...
    Well, I would like to learn more about shooting birds before buying a shotgun. My father once said never place the cart before horse. I don't even know what kind of gun I want yet. I once saw a video of a guy's shooting pigeons in South Africa with an air pistol. He sounded like an English chap. I don't even know if that's legal here in the States for dove. I figured I can learn more about it here. After all, isn't Guns & Ammo magazine features all about learning? I detect a little newbie hazing here. Who said "I don't own a shotgun"? 
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 8,496 Senior Member
    Welcome!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    Welcome!
    Thank you very much. 
This discussion has been closed.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement