Home Main Category Clubhouse

Favorite Pocket knives

2»

Replies

  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    I break out pocket knives in two categories.  SD knives and salami slicers...

    I have several good SD pocket knives but this Kershaw (bottom) seems to get a lot of pocket time.  I practiced with it enough to guarantee opening when I draw and it’s lightning fast.  It never gets used for knife chores.  For that I carry other knives like one of these 3 favorites.  I like stag and bone, no surprise for the folks here.  I also favor old “Made in USA” vintage Remingtons.  The 3 bigger ones are limited editions of the knives with the sterling silver bullets.  The two big guys are 5” closed.  They all take on wicked edges.  The little guy is a Remington peanut that has been with me since the 80s.  The handle is regular Remington delving and it’s razor sharp.


    Nice collection. Reminds me of when I was a kid and seeing the Case knife displays in the local Hardware shops.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    I break out pocket knives in two categories.  SD knives and salami slicers...

    I have several good SD pocket knives but this Kershaw (bottom) seems to get a lot of pocket time.  I practiced with it enough to guarantee opening when I draw and it’s lightning fast.  It never gets used for knife chores.  For that I carry other knives like one of these 3 favorites.  I like stag and bone, no surprise for the folks here.  I also favor old “Made in USA” vintage Remingtons.  The 3 bigger ones are limited editions of the knives with the sterling silver bullets.  The two big guys are 5” closed.  They all take on wicked edges.  The little guy is a Remington peanut that has been with me since the 80s.  The handle is regular Remington delving and it’s razor sharp.


    Nice collection. Reminds me of when I was a kid and seeing the Case knife displays in the local Hardware shops.
    I still go by those and break into a sweat!!!  :D
  • 2Aman2Aman Member Posts: 332 Member
  • 1hogfan831hogfan83 Member Posts: 347 Member
    Nothing wrong with that 
    "Well he shoulda armed him self" William Munney-Unforgiven"
    "You believe there is one God, that is good, even the demons believe and shudder in fear" James 2:19
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,970 Senior Member
    I alternate between a Benchmade Griptilian and Triage right now, but I have a Bugout on the way.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,927 Senior Member
    Kershaw Ken Onion design, started carrying the serrated blade for work and stayed with it.

  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,770 Senior Member
    I use a Kershaw Leek as a work knife.  Seems to hold an edge fairly well and takes a good enough beating.  Just dont leave it in a pocket when the pants go in the wash.  Did a number on the agitator in the washer and that one now has a blunt tip to it.  Still cuts boxes just fine though.  Compared to other knives in the same price range, i will take the Leek any day.
  • 2Aman2Aman Member Posts: 332 Member
    edited June 2020 #39
    Big Kershaw fan. Have a few Blurs that I love and a Brawler that is a beast. May look at a Leek now😬
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    2Aman said:
    Big Kershaw fan. Have a few Blurs that I love and a Brawler that is a beast. May look at a Leek now😬
    The Leek is a super slim but tough little knife.  Perfect for those days when advertising the big tactical is unwise.  Your neighbors won’t faint when you snap it open but it’s still a mighty SD blade.  The Wharncliffe shaped blade is an aggressive cutter.  Made in the USA and will take on a shaving edge that lasts.  
  • 2Aman2Aman Member Posts: 332 Member
    GunNut said:
    2Aman said:
    Big Kershaw fan. Have a few Blurs that I love and a Brawler that is a beast. May look at a Leek now😬
    The Leek is a super slim but tough little knife.  Perfect for those days when advertising the big tactical is unwise.  Your neighbors won’t faint when you snap it open but it’s still a mighty SD blade.  The Wharncliffe shaped blade is an aggressive cutter.  Made in the USA and will take on a shaving edge that lasts.  
    You sold me! Looking for one on Midway right now 👍
  • 2Aman2Aman Member Posts: 332 Member
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    2Aman said:

    That’s a good price and free shipping makes it a really good deal!
  • 2Aman2Aman Member Posts: 332 Member
    Thanks, between this one and the Griptilian, gonna be watching my mailbox like a 6 year old on Christmas morning! 
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement