Replies

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,422 Senior Member
    .22LR revolver. Don’t own one
    Wow! You gotta fix that!
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,287 Senior Member
    WHAT?!??!?! 😱
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

I'm strange in the way that I don't like rifle chamberings with a large bullet to smaller case ratio. Like the 350 legend, 35 Whelen and others that start to look like a straight wall cartridge. I prefer a good amount of case mouth taper. 
    Oh look two crazy posts in a row!  I have GOT TO change your mind on this .35 Whelen thing!!!

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,010 Senior Member
    Elk creek said:
    Wow! You gotta fix that!
    I know!  its one of those things that there is always another shiny toy that gets in the way.

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    I don't have a 22 wheel either. I want a Bearcat. Someday...........
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,664 Senior Member

And I had you pegged for having a Single Six in every barrel length

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Elk creek said:
    Wow! You gotta fix that!
    I know!  its one of those things that there is always another shiny toy that gets in the way.

How are you getting your son started on Cowboy toys?!?!?!? 🤣

• JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 522 Senior Member
    Just turn in the mod card on the way out.

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,256 Senior Member
    I don't have a 22 wheel either. I want a Bearcat. Someday...........
    I've got 2 Single Sixes but a Bearcat is on the list too.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,430 Senior Member
    It must be humiliating to have the Swedish Bikini Team point their fingers and laugh at you. 
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,426 Senior Member
    I'm strange in the way that I don't like rifle chamberings with a large bullet to smaller case ratio. Like the 350 legend, 35 Whelen and others that start to look like a straight wall cartridge. I prefer a good amount of case mouth taper. 
    Things like .450 BM and .350 L fit a set of somewhat limited rules for hunting in some states.  

.35 Whelen is just an all around great round though.  Whats not to like about throwing a 250gr bullet at 2550 FPS with good accuracy and in a standard length action?  To each their own i guess.  Im with GN in needing to change your mind.  :D
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,825 Senior Member
    .35 meh!!! 9.3 is where it’s at :#
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,426 Senior Member
    my .35 Whelen was a 9.3x62 when it was given to me.  It was changed down the road due to component availability at the time.  Im fine with it as a .35.  Not opposed to adding a 9.3 in the future though.
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,658 Senior Member
    My meager collection (16) goes from .22/.223 str8 to .30 (pistol and rifle). Nothing in between. I really want to add a .243 or 6.5 rifle.
    sakodude said:
    I like my ‘Murican round 🤣

• BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 266 Member
    Well based on your list, I have several holes but based on what I need/shoot, I dont really have any holes.  Maybe long distance but I hope my next build will solve that.  I wouldn't mind an AR 10 in 308 or 6.5 but it may be a waste of money. I almost pulled the trigger on an unissued m1 carbine but I'd want to shoot it.  
  • BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 266 Member
    I also don't own. Any DA revolvers.  3 SA but no doubles.  Just need been an itch.
    sakodude said:
    Who are you ?
    And what did you do with my friend ?

• sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,825 Senior Member
    sakodude said:
    Who are you ?
    And what did you do with my friend ?

Shush, don’t tell anyone I secretly love .35’s! Just trying to stir the pot :#
    Pick up a 270 then.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    2Aman said:
    Yes!! A lever gun in .357 Mag or .44 Mag. Not having one keeps me up at night. 
    Ya know, I've got a .357 Mag with an 8 3/8 barrel revolver but I have no 44 Mags. I always wanted a .44 mag of some sort. I'm thinking a .44 Mag Lever Gun would be a nice addition. That would be a 100-150 yard deer gun deluxe.

Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 430 Member
    I don't have a 22 mag. Of course I don't hunt, so some things are hard to justify when I have a ton of other things to punch paper with.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,703 Senior Member
    My collection has plenty of holes, but none that I care to fill at this point.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    Elk creek said:
    Wow! You gotta fix that!
    I'm not even a big hand gun aficionado but if there's a hand gun I would shoot regularly it would be a .22 Cal Rimfire revolver. I haven't had one since I was in high school. My brother inlaw had one that was his dads and he left it with me. It was an HR. I shot the hell out of it. Then later gave it back to him. I said at the time I needed to get me one and I just never did. But nothing's more fun to shoot than a .22 Cal. Revolver.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,288 Senior Member
    snake284 said:
    . But nothing's more fun to shoot than a .22 Cal. Revolver.

except for a 22 cal auto.

I need nothing, I kinda want a M1A, a Model 10, and maybe a heavy bbled Fclass type rifle to shoot in a sling.

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,785 Senior Member
    edited June 10 #57
    I don't have a need for anything else but there are still several I would like to have. I don't have a 22 revolver either and would like one but I want a S&W and they are pricey. I hope to run across one someday.
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,801 Senior Member
    mitdr774 said:
    my .35 Whelen was a 9.3x62 when it was given to me.  It was changed down the road due to component availability at the time.  Im fine with it as a .35.  Not opposed to adding a 9.3 in the future though.
    Ha! My 9.3x62 was a 35 Whelen when I bought it
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
    No holes,  just wants.  I have a rifle (or it is in the process of being built) for almost any conceivable animal on earth,  in any weather condition.  Meaning,  I have small game/deer/elk-moose/bear/ elephant guns for dry or wet, close or far. 

But I sure do WANT a very particular revolver to finish my set, so let's call it a hole that needs filling. 
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
    sakodude said:
    You're welcome
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,550 Senior Member
    No holes,  just wants.  I have a rifle (or it is in the process of being built) for almost any conceivable animal on earth,  in any weather condition.  Meaning,  I have small game/deer/elk-moose/bear/ elephant guns for dry or wet, close or far. 

But I sure do WANT a very particular revolver to finish my set, so let's call it a hole that needs filling. 
    Holy crap!  He’s alive!!!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith