Home Main Category Clubhouse

Mrs. Clean fell

2»

Replies

• RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 254 Member
    NN said:
    Seems to be acting more like herself this AM --------hope it lasts.

Waited a day hoping for better news. This is a good sign but keep watch for behavior changes that may indicate something more serious going on. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,145 Senior Member
    NN said:
    Seems to be acting more like herself this AM --------hope it lasts.

That is good news Ned. Prayers will continue from down here.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 607 Senior Member
    Hoping for a full recovery. 
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,811 Senior Member
    Saw a orthopedic PA I thought she said today; new x-ray shows a break; looks like a green stick fracture.

Clean still in much pain and on pain meds and a strap on splint.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,888 Senior Member
    I hope it improves and heals up quick.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,964 Senior Member
    Ugh! What's the prognosis on one of those?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,936 Senior Member
    edited June 2020 #38
    NN said:
    Saw a orthopedic PA I thought she said today; new x-ray shows a break; looks like a green stick fracture.

Clean still in much pain and on pain meds and a strap on splint.
    Which bone? Fibula in the leg or up in the forearm ulna or radius?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    edited June 2020 #39
    ulna by the left wrist
    zorba said:
    Ugh! What's the prognosis on one of those
    6-8 weeks
    Knee must be getting somewhat better since she wanted to go for a walk albeit slow.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,251 Senior Member
    Sorry to read this, Ned. Hope her recovery is as painless as possible.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • blkbird305blkbird305 Member Posts: 220 Member
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,936 Senior Member
    NN said:
    ulna by the left wrist
    Well, you only have to worry about her right jab for a few weeks, but, if they give her the hard fiberglass cast on the left arm, she will be lethal in about 2-3 weeks ;)

Tell Clean I am praying it heals up without complication o:)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,964 Senior Member
    NN said:
    ulna by the left wrist
    That beats what a co-worker did - he cut is right ulna in half with a radial arm saw!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,453 Senior Member
    Prayers for a fast healing on the ulna and knee.  o:)
    Does this mean that you're on KP duty for a few weeks? And the entire 'barracks cleanup crew'? If it does then you'll at least have good supervision!  :)
    And if the wrist IS in a cast, I hope they've improved on how you can get some soap and water in there to relieve the itching. All I ever got was the old plaster of Paris casts, and they itched like crazy underneath after about a week.
    And again, best wishes and prayers for Mrs. Clean's speedy and painless recovery!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Mike:                                                                                                                                       The wrist is in a slip on brace.                                                                                                 Your right about mess duty and doing a field day-------A Marine Gunny could get pointers from her on how to supervise such duty.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,251 Senior Member
    edited June 2020 #48
    Funny thing about field days in the Corps.....no matter which unit, or where I was stationed....they always fell on Thursday. 

Don't know if it's true, but as it was explained to me, if scheduled on, say, Tuesday, the end results were usually unsatisfactory because we could always do it again on Wednesday. But, if you didn't do it right on Thursday, that took you into Friday....which screwed up your weekend.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member Posts: 534 Senior Member
    Hope your Mrs. is healing quickly and painlessly as possible. o:)
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire
  • Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior Member Posts: 735 Senior Member
    Judy take care of that arm and have a good birthday today!  Let us know if they find anything on that knee. Cyber hug! <3
    The knee will be looked at Thurs.; however, it seem real good. She has been out walking 2 miles on it with no pain. Shoulder seem better and bruising is quite colorful.
    Miss Mary said:
    Judy take care of that arm and have a good birthday today!  Let us know if they find anything on that knee. Cyber hug! <3
    Clean said thank you Miss Mary