Home Main Category General Firearms

I have GOT to stop drinking on Sundays...

Replies

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,742 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Buddy and wife had us over for dinner at their house and his fondness for “good stuff” is as high as mine.  We sampled some mighty fine 18 year old single malt Scotch, a bottle of great Brunello with steaks for dinner, then a bottle of a wonderful Cabernet Sauvignon, followed by some fine cognac with coffee and while enjoying some great conversation I bought a **** .270 on Gunbroker 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

****!!!!!
    Could be a fun project.

Says the guy who just ordered binos, wheels, and tires, while enjoying some very nice Denver CO based bourbon on National Bourbon Day.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,398 Senior Member
    edited June 15 #33
    GunNut said:
    knitepoet said:
    Mi EX hermano  :o
     :D  :D

You know I still luv you man <3<3<3 
    Do you?!?!? 😳

Like a special needs puppy...

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,247 Senior Member
    This thread is worthless without .270 pics...

• JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,247 Senior Member
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,946 Senior Member
    You know what the say...

Once you take that first step, you never go back. :)
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,796 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    GunNut said:
    Zee said:
    GunNut said:
    Zee said:
    Ok, confession time. 

I’ve actually spent all my years searching for the perfect representative for the classic .270 Win. 

I haven’t found it yet. Maybe one day. 
    Winchester 70 or a classic Mauser...
    I’d prefer a Mauser. 
    Then you will like what I picked up...
    Yep...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

Bigslug said:
    If you ended the evening by buying a .270. . .

The "fine" aged liquor probably came out of a backyard still yesterday. . . 

The Cabernet probably came out of a box. . .

The coffee was probably Sanka or Taster's Choice. . .

You should probably be expecting onset of e-coli symptoms from the Steak-Ums. . .

And your "witty conversationalist" was probably a bi-polar meth head.

Time to seriously reconsider your choices. :D
    I know, I REALLY have to start making better life choices...

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

orchidman said:
    GunNut said:
    Buddy and wife had us over for dinner at their house and his fondness for “good stuff” is as high as mine.  We sampled some mighty fine 18 year old single malt Scotch, a bottle of great Brunello with steaks for dinner, then a bottle of a wonderful Cabernet Sauvignon, followed by some fine cognac with coffee and while enjoying some great conversation I bought a **** .270 on Gunbroker 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

****!!!!!

You need new buddies..........ones that dont let you do what you did and have at least some semblance of morals.

Edited to add: Is this 'buddy' a 270 owner?..........Does he even exist?...........or is your first post just a made up story to cover the fact that you are 'coming out of the closet' so to speak........

Enquiring minds and all that......

I'm not giving up my favorite drinking partner.  He's a retired dentist and his wife is an AWESOME cook and they are two of the nicest human beings I've ever met.  Actually I've known them for over 15 years...  Unless I've been drunk that long and this is just an ongoing delusion...

zorba said:
    Where *is* that certain individual? ;)
    Oh he'll be along shortly as soon as his nose picks up the blood in the water...

GunNut said:

****!!!!!
    Could be a fun project.

Says the guy who just ordered binos, wheels, and tires, while enjoying some very nice Denver CO based bourbon on National Bourbon Day.
    HA!!!  And they only want you to not drink and drive!  The law should prohibit drinking and shopping too...

GunNut said:
    knitepoet said:
    Mi EX hermano  :o
     :D  :D

You know I still luv you man <3<3<3 
    Do you?!?!? 😳

Like a special needs puppy...

Right now I need all the love I can get...

JKP said:
    This thread is worthless without .270 pics...

Should be here by the end of the week.  C&R strikes again...

JKP said:

Nice!  Just imagined Jack smiling from hunter's Heaven...

You know what the say...

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  Funny thing is I was just looking for a donor action when this came up.  My luck is every time I buy a "donor action" I end up with a stupid accurate gun that I can't bring myself to take apart.  That's how I ended up owning a bunch of 30-06s.

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,826 Senior Member
    So, you just had your version of "Hold my beer and watch this!!" Just drank it pretty!!
    Been there done that!! B)
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,917 Senior Member
    You know, I used to look up to you.
    Now you went and added a ?

At least you admit your wayward ways
    😖
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,397 Senior Member
    Got any other aberrant behaviors that surfaced lately? Might be a sign of Coronavirus you didn't know you had that is messing with your ability to make good choices. If it isn't then it's at least a plausible excuse for this odd predicament in which you find yourself if asked why you bought it.

GunNut bought a .270 Win. rifle! :D:D:D:D:D I couldn't help the :D 's. At least that niche is filled now.  :)
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    edited June 15 #49
    Big Al1 said:
    So, you just had your version of "Hold my beer and watch this!!" Just drank it pretty!!
    Pretty much...  I made a bid for a "donor action" and then I got offended that someone bid more than me...  That's just crazy **** right there...

Diver43 said:
    You know, I used to look up to you.
    Now you went and added a ?

At least you admit your wayward ways
    😖
    Please forgive me...  :s

tennmike said:
    Got any other aberrant behaviors that surfaced lately? Might be a sign of Coronavirus you didn't know you had that is messing with your ability to make good choices. If it isn't then it's at least a plausible excuse for this odd predicament in which you find yourself if asked why you bought it.

GunNut bought a .270 Win. rifle! :D:D:D:D:D I couldn't help the :D 's. At least that niche is filled now.  :)
    I will say I've never owned a gnat rifle...  Now to convince the little buggers to stop buzzing around long enough for me to aim...

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,450 Senior Member
    Were are the pics? No pics it doesn’t exists! 😉
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,826 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Big Al1 said:
    Pretty much...  I made a bid for a "donor action" and then I got offended that someone bid more than me...  That's just crazy **** right there...
    I interpret that as you are still looking for a donor action!! B)
    Elk creek said:
    Were are the pics? No pics it doesn’t exists! 😉
    Gun is not here.  Should be here this week since it's shipping direct to me.

Big Al1 said:
    GunNut said:
    Big Al1 said:
    I interpret that as you are still looking for a donor action!! B)
    Maybe. I will test fire it and if it sucks it will become something else.  If it's an accurate gun I'm back to searching... :'(

• rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,658 Senior Member
    edited June 15 #56
    Why not just search for actions, then you can really make it into what you want.
    Remember the one I put together?

Guess what cartridge it is.

• Lonewolf-PeruLonewolf-Peru Member Posts: 453 Member
    You know what the say...

rberglof said:
    Why not just search for actions, then you can really make it into what you want.
    Remember the one I put together?

Guess what cartridge it is.

Because every time I find an action it seems like the owner wants more than what it's worth.  I seem to have a knack finding cheap complete rifles all over the place...

That's a good looking rig!  Let me guess 30-06  :D

You know what the say...

I need to find the strength to resist.  I DO NOT need another medium game gun.  Hell I don't need THIS gun...

Told wife and she just said "happy Fathers Day!"  Did I mention I love my girl?

Gun is paid for and my C&R is in the dealer's file as of this morning.  Hopefully it'll be here this week.  

• Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,373 Senior Member
    I have a Mossberg 500 coming that way:  drank some bourbon, watched CNN, decided I needed a home defense shotgun.  

Since I couldn’t find one, I bought a turkey version with a 20 inch barrel.