Home Main Category General Firearms

Speed Six

Gene LGene L Senior MemberPosts: 11,629 Senior Member
A few years ago, my sister decided she needed a magnum to defend herself, so she contacted me since none of her friends were shooters.  I only had three magnums at the time, two of which were not for sale or sharing, so I gave her my Speed.  A week ago, in line with current events, she decided she was not the sharpshooter she never was and figured a shotgun is what she needed.  She again contacted me and I was delighted to give her my cop S&W 3000 in exchange for the SD revolver.  She had found the recoil to be quite substantial for a small-ish 79 YOA woman.  I gave her a box of 12 ga. reduced recoil size 8 shells, and a couple of boxes of reduced recoil buck shot so she's prepared in the highly unlikely event she would be accosted.

So here's my Speed Six.  It's actually in far better shape than I remembered, a 157 prefix gun.  It needs an orange sight filler, but that can come later.

Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.

Replies

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 6,771 Senior Member
    Nice!

I like your sister. Mine would have kept the Six and simply asked me for another gun....playing the "sister-card".

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,287 Senior Member
    That gun is in GREAT shape!  Glad she found her way back home...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,664 Senior Member
    Very Nice
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • 2Aman2Aman Member Posts: 332 Member
    Very cool, one of my favorites. I had a speed six I traded off like an idiot and always regretted it but I did score a clean security six a few months back that helps ease that pain. Wonderful revolvers, just can’t kill them👍👍
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,350 Senior Member
    can the can the shotgun feed mini rounds - less recoil and more shots?
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,422 Senior Member
    We can’t be friends......
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,629 Senior Member
    can the can the shotgun feed mini rounds - less recoil and more shots?
    My sister knows nothing about guns and alarmingly, about gun safety.  When I was there today, she brought out a Winchester 67 .22, loaded and cocked, which I had to unload.  So she figures if she can't resolver the issue with 5 rounds of 00 buck, it's unlikely to be resolved with more...wait, that's MY thinking that. I don't really know how she feels.  She's almost 80 if that means anything.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,635 Senior Member
    Revolver really looks good, hey.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia