Home Main Category General Firearms

A minor restore, sort of!

Big Al1Big Al1 Senior MemberPosts: 7,762 Senior Member
The LGS I frequent sometimes has a little repair work and he knows I'm a sucker for family "heirlooms"!! He brings out this old reloading press from the early 80's that belonged to an Uncle of a good customer. He brings this out!!It's a Ponsness Warren 800C shotgun progressive (not to be confused with liberal) press!! Can I do anything with it?? They think it's junk, but this is the Cadillac of reloading press's, everything except tail fins!! I like a challenge!! So after some disassembly, Kroil and steel wool, a little sweat:

I also re-timed it so it indexes correctly! It almost back to it's original glory.
These machines are over $1000 new and are capable of 600 rounds per hour.

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,287 Senior Member
    WOW that is a beautiful piece of machinery!!!!!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 522 Senior Member
    I'll take it.....
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    Beautiful castings. Twin rams for alignment. Looks more like art than tool.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,292 Senior Member
    Beautiful old press! And the Rolls Royce of presses back then, too.
    It may not be a firearm, but it still gets a 'You suck!" :D Now you have no excuse not to load a bunch of shotshells.  :)
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,762 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    It may not be a firearm, but it still gets a 'You suck!" :D Now you have no excuse not to load a bunch of shotshells.  :)
    I accept the "You Suck" but it's not mine. It is a work of art. The design is genius, kind of Rube Goldberg-ish that actually works!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,292 Senior Member
    Big Al1 said:
    tennmike said:
    I accept the "You Suck" but it's not mine. It is a work of art. The design is genius, kind of Rube Goldberg-ish that actually works!
    If you get a chance to get that one, then take it. You won't regret it!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams