Home Main Category General Firearms

Camping and shooting!

earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member

Kid wanted to shoot some regular/ not down-loaded ammo. His first time with the shot gun. I gave him Win #8 extra light target rounds and a few static coffee cans down field. He never missed. Ran out of shells before he got tired. We kept the steel spinner running with my Colt 1991A1, Ruger NMBH 45 with Colt power loads and the 10/22 with the new mag and bolt release I installed. He's getting to be a pretty good shot. Has good muzzle control and keeps his finger off the trigger. He wanted to carry the Colt on our hikes. I had an old Bianci nylon flap for lefties like him. Had him keep an empty pipe. I'd like him to have more time with the gun before progressing to fully loaded carry.  Had a good time. Did some rock climbing. I feel old......

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,749 Senior Member
    Cool.

Great job with the kid!
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • AlleyCatAlleyCat Posts: 360 Member
     I had an old Bianci nylon flap for lefties like him.
    Not another one.

Had a good time. Did some rock climbing. I feel old......

He's cought you up!!!

:o

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,664 Senior Member
    Great times
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    Gotta plot out a rifle range trip next......
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,825 Senior Member
    Looks like a great time. Where abouts were you camping? general area is fine, don't need to know your secret spots :#
    Ain't no secret spots in crowded Colorado. We were near Rock Creek trail head by Ben Tyler trail, Jefferson, Lost Creek Wilderness, etc.. Hot and windy. Surprisingly uncrowded, except for the dog that ran right in the tent door to say hi thismorning. My plan of timming worked well.
    Ain't no secret spots in crowded Colorado. We were near Rock Creek trail head by Ben Tyler trail, Jefferson, Lost Creek Wilderness, etc.. Hot and windy. Surprisingly uncrowded, except for the dog that ran right in the tent door to say hi thismorning. My plan of timming worked well.
    Gotcha, I have a rough idea where that is. Going to have to meet you one of these days. meet most of the other local forum brothers with the exception of Linefinder. need to rectify that as well.
    I'll look forward to it. Im watching the forecast for a trip to Baker Draw shooting area next week.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,430 Senior Member
    sakodude said:
    Gotcha, I have a rough idea where that is. Going to have to meet you one of these days. meet most of the other local forum brothers with the exception of Linefinder. need to rectify that as well.
    Have you visited MHS at work yet? That would get me in trouble if I lived close to him, that and beer :)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 said:
    sakodude said:
    Have you visited MHS at work yet? That would get me in trouble if I lived close to him, that and beer :)
    Couple of time pre COVID but not since.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,430 Senior Member
    sakodude said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    sakodude said:
    Couple of time pre COVID but not since.
    Of course, he has minimal inventory now that you are moved out there, save your shekels, he can enable once the shelves fill back up.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Got a junk collector doing a fine job of keeping me broke without MHS help. 
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,550 Senior Member
    Good on you!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 522 Senior Member
    Like the picture Mike.

My store has a lot of lefty leather holsters. Say the word and exactly what I need to find and I'll dig. A present from me to you both if I find something.
    I appreciate the offer. I'll keep it in mind. He might need one if he ever gets unglued from the video game monitor :D