Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Anyone else through with nascar??

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 20,688 Senior Member
First they go all political in their pre-race. Then they allow crew members to kneel during the national anthem and finally they ban the Stars and Bars.

I am DONE with them. Anyone else???

#BOYCOTTNASCAR

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,600 Senior Member
    Nascar just never really appealed to me, so I've never been a fan.  
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,476 Senior Member
    Ban the Stars and Bars, give the Thin Blue line car and crew total disrespect but cheer for a Black Lives matter car, then have the disrespect to kneel during our National Anthem?  Uhm, NOPE  They can piss up a rope before they get a dime from me, just like the NFL and I live very close to where the Miami Dolphins play, havent gone since they started kneeling.  I dont miss it much and my check book loves me for it. Or I could buy a gun for every game or two that I dont go to.  Now we can add the money save by not going to Homestead for the race too.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,171 Senior Member
    NASCAR went circling the toilet bowl when that liberal hack  from California took the reins. I don't miss them and won't watch. I got a dirt track 12 miles from me that runs races on Saturdays. More fun to watch, and there's as many U.S. flags as there are the stars and bars. It's good old time racing with none of that political crap. And everybody stands for the national anthem, whether they want to, or not; it's a redneck thing! :D 
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,515 Senior Member
    The station that broadcasts it won't tune in on my set. Bummer cuz that's where Jeopardy is.

Otherwise I'd watch some of it some of the time. They're a business. Politics and popular culture have a bearing on the flow of money.

Once upon a time moderation could have dictated common sense boundries for cultural change. Too many bad videos met silence for too long. Now bunches of rediculous nonsense is included with some portions of just change.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,212 Senior Member
    Haven't kept up with it since Cale Yarbrough, the Allison's and others were racing
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,053 Senior Member
    Drive on as fast as you can while turning hard to the left - add a few hybrids, and you have the sport of Democrats.

Spectator sports. . .really don't get 'em.  Really won't miss 'em.  Bulldoze the stadiums into a heap at one end of the track, and you have a one mile rifle range complete with a backstop - - something with which Americans could do something USEFUL with themselves and for the country. 
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 540 Senior Member
    Just about every American tradition or American pastime has been intentionally and lethally poisoned by communist Orwellian ideology. Everything from the Boy Scouts to sports, and more importantly - academic institutions and American history, has fallen or has been removed and/or rewritten to appease the twisted ideology of Marxism. Granted, I have never been a racing fan, however, it's sickening to see the things we and others enjoy and love succumb to these despots. Even worse is the fact that so many otherwise decent people aren't fighting back; even when they are aware of what's going on! Just as I mentioned in a previous thread, people have been conditioned to NOT fight back - just bend over and take it. 
    Nascar just never really appealed to me, so I've never been a fan.  
    Neither am I. However, sooner or later, something we DO enjoy and love will come under attack.  
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,531 Senior Member
    What's NASCAR?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,688 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    What's NASCAR?
    Apparently a bunch of Milquetoasts that like to drive fast and turn left
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 4,615 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    What's NASCAR?
    Winner...  I will say that taking aN “inside” tour of the Daytona Speedway was awe inspiring and their statue of Dale Earnhardt is a capture of a true sports history American moment.  Other than that... meh...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 6,491 Senior Member
    Tennmike nailed it. Dirt track is da bomb.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    Bigslug said:
    Drive on as fast as you can while turning hard to the left - add a few hybrids, and you have the sport of Democrats.

Lol!!!
  • 2Aman2Aman Member Posts: 332 Member
    knitepoet said:
    First they go all political in their pre-race. Then they allow crew members to kneel during the national anthem and finally they ban the Stars and Bars.

I am DONE with them. Anyone else???

#BOYCOTTNASCAR

I am completely done with Nascar. F those turncoats. Disgusting, pandering to be politically correct. 
  • Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 277 Member
    edited June 20 #16
    NASCAR was a lot more interesting before the drivers with engineering degrees started strapping in behind the wheel.  Completely lost it's appeal to me after 2/18/2001.  (I never purchased #3 fan stuff, and actually enjoyed seeing other drivers win, but the man was the real deal, all the way)

If you want to watch auto racing done by rocket scientists, you'd be hard pressed to find a better venue than F1, as long as you don't mind knowing pretty much who is going to win before the race starts unless something unexpected happens.
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,771 Senior Member
    Tennmike nailed it. Dirt track is da bomb.

Mike
    I used to race dirt bikes when I was a youngster in Arizona. Now that's a fun sport. NASCAR was sorta fun to watch about 20-30 years ago but I haven't given it a second thought since.
    I've always been more of a doer than a watcher. Watching repetitive left turns just got boring after a while. I only watched for the crashes anyway. I guess there's nothing in it for me now.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,931 Senior Member
    Just about every American tradition or American pastime has been intentionally and lethally poisoned by communist Orwellian ideology. Everything from the Boy Scouts to sports, and more importantly - academic institutions and American history, has fallen or has been removed and/or rewritten to appease the twisted ideology of Marxism. Granted, I have never been a racing fan, however, it's sickening to see the things we and others enjoy and love succumb to these despots. Even worse is the fact that so many otherwise decent people aren't fighting back; even when they are aware of what's going on! Just as I mentioned in a previous thread, people have been conditioned to NOT fight back - just bend over and take it. 
    I agree 110%. I can't find it online but remember Kruschev after the Cuban missile crisis changing his fist pounding "We will bury you" to "We will not force you to accept communism. Your children will!" Starting indoctrination at college level in the 1960s and eventually working down to preschool! They have mostly succeeded!!!  
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 6,491 Senior Member
    Seems like just a few weeks ago I was shaking my head when I heard on the radio that the BSA was accepting girls, thinking "What's this world coming to"?

Seems a quaint concern now.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,053 Senior Member
    Some_Mook said:
    NASCAR was a lot more interesting before the drivers with engineering degrees started strapping in behind the wheel.  Completely lost it's appeal to me after 2/18/2001.  (I never purchased #3 fan stuff, and actually enjoyed seeing other drivers win, but the man was the real deal, all the way)

If you want to watch auto racing done by rocket scientists, you'd be hard pressed to find a better venue than F1, as long as you don't mind knowing pretty much who is going to win before the race starts unless something unexpected happens.
    I caught the last couple laps of the Indy 500 a couple weeks back, and it looked to me that all of the cars were the exact same make and model.  Like, identical front wings, intakes, etc...  Presumably, the engines inside are made by the various different auto manufacturers, but it looked like  everybody cookie-cuttered off the same wind tunnel model.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,630 Senior Member
    Was never a fan. I am down to hockey, Formula 1 and motocross/supercross. I'll see what happens with those and cut down accordingly.
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member Posts: 510 Senior Member
    I raced for awhile in the NASCAR hobby division during the mid sixties, and had a blast, even though I couldn't really afford it. But I lost interest when they went back to heat" races for the big tracks. Then they try to promote all of this BLM garbage! And when they banned the flag, that did it! Same with the NFL, when they started taking a knee, I quit watching.
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,718 Senior Member
    I was never a NASCAR fan but the point here is that it's an American sport event, and these fools are trying to take away anything/everything that makes America GREAT!!
    It's sports, not a political soap box! 
    Big Al1 said:
    <snip>
    It's sports, not a political soap box! 
    DING DING DING... WE have a WINNER

This ^ 
    Well, apparently the "nooses" found in the NASCAR garages were located in each stall and have been there for years and were nothing more than pull-down ropes to close the garage doors. Lol!!!! What's next for the looney left? - are they going to declare the America's Cup Yacht Race racist for using bowline and double sheet bend knots?

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,600 Senior Member
    Well, apparently the "nooses" found in the NASCAR garages were located in each stall and have been there for years and were nothing more than pull-down ropes to close the garage doors. Lol!!!! What's next for the looney left? - are they going to declare the America's Cup Yacht Race racist for using bowline and double sheet bend knots?

This has got to go down as one of the stupider things in NASCAR history.  One would think that the folks who run the Talladega (sp?) track would know this, and put an end to this nonsense before the FBI sent 15 agents to investigate.

What a bunch of maroons!
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,476 Senior Member
    I am pretty sure they knew, they just wanted to rile things up and get support for doing away with flags and such
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

edited June 24 #30