Home Main Category Clubhouse

I’m a Bud Man from now on!

2Aman2Aman MemberPosts: 332 Member
I usually have Tecate’ or brown bottle Dos Equis in the fridge but from now on it will be something from Budweiser👍 Good to see them taking a stand thats not so popular these days. 

Replies

• 2Aman2Aman Member Posts: 332 Member
    edited June 2020 #2
    And they had this from 9/11 that always chokes me up.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LyP0JsyvYnA
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,883 Senior Member
    An awful consequence of extremism is throwing out the baby with the bath water.

I'd like to see a broad sweeping and intense public service campaign the makes clear the terrible cost of resisting arrest and assaulting police officers. Not only the consequences of felony crime, but the toll and burden placed on well intentioned public servants being asked to do an overwhelming job for ordinary compensation. Public servants with families, hopes, dreams, and lives that matter. 

Its nice to have generic promotional slogans. Somehow some portions of our society have got the idea that its okay to resist arrest, assault police, and flagrantly dispute police authority. There are imperative legal and also human reasons that make such actions and additudes so terrible. Campaigns like the old seat belt ads, dont pollute ads, and others of that type would have an effect at changing behavior. Slogans and rhetoric just sings to the choir.
    I still remember the Nancy Reagan ads with the egg in the frying pan. “This is your brain on drugs.” 
    The whole “Just Say No” thing really took off. At least in Texas Public schools in the 80’s it was everywhere. It would be a great idea to have a national campaign about appreciation for public servants as well. 
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,452 Senior Member
    I would buy a 270 and sell all my rifles before I turned my man card to be a a Bud man.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,810 Senior Member
    I liked the fact that they canned Bud water for disaster relief.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,386 Senior Member
    2Aman said:
    The whole “Just Say No” thing really took off. At least in Texas Public schools in the 80’s it was everywhere. It would be a great idea to have a national campaign about appreciation for public servants as well. 
    There's plenty of local appreciation, you'll see a lot of signs left in front of police stations, local restaurants will bring the catering trucks, etc...

But if you really want to launch an EFFECTIVE national law enforcement appreciation day, you need it to coincide with ELECTION DAY.

Figure a typical cop-to-population ration is less than 1 to 1000.  You CAN NOT effectively police a community without the support of that community, and that especially applies to the political measures and individuals that the community votes in.

So yeah, honk and wave, paint a blue line on your Budweiser truck, or offer to buy a cop lunch, but if you REALLY want to back their play, ask a cop what they need to do their job and listen when they tell you.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 607 Senior Member
    I used to be an alcoholic but I don't miss it. I do miss sleep though since the Dr told me that years of heavy drinking rewired my brain chemistry. Insomnia sucks big time. And no, I don't play that once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic crap. You either are or you aren't. 
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,810 Senior Member
    I used to be an alcoholic but I don't miss it. I do miss sleep though since the Dr told me that years of heavy drinking rewired my brain chemistry. Insomnia sucks big time. And no, I don't play that once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic crap. You either are or you aren't. 
    I guess I am missing it-----at one point while drinking I got to 240 lbs------this AM I was 183.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,883 Senior Member
    I don't drink either. Quit 30 some years ago. I do like them big draft horses though. And that whole corn syrup controversy was pretty funny. I don't like stines. Look like a fancy oil can with a pointed hat........
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,690 Senior Member
    Last drink was 4 beers early July 1983 in Wamego Kansas. Wasn't Budweiser.