Home Main Category General Firearms

So maybe drunk shopping does pay off...

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,287 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    Good looking rifle in a great caliber.  I like the Old School look of rifles of that era. The comb on that stock is unusual because it's high, which should make looking thru a scope easier.  Couldn't sleep last night so I got up at 3 a.m. and waxed three rifles with Feed n Wax. One of which is a Mauser 30-06, maybe a cigarette rifle, maybe not.  All look better.
    Thanks Gene.  I have done stuff like that.  my wife has woken up to find me in the living room cleaning one of my pistols.  “Couldn’t sleep so I thought I’d do something productive!”.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

CHIRO1989 said:
    Bigslug said:
    Personally, I'd lose the scope - life is too short to live with friction dials.
    Shoot it till it quits working, Leupold will fix it.

Looks good Wambli, looking forward to a range report. Oh, and don't listen to Zee, it will have too much recoil for his bad wing, my shoulder is fine and I already have the reloading components :)
    I’m Ok with the old friction adjustment dials.  The rifle is just for hunting so it will be sighted in for a lot of commercial ammo and then scope will be left alone until I get to use it this fall.  Not a lot of fumbling around with these dials.  I do have some more modern Leupolds in the house.  We’ll see how she shoots and if she merits the “upgrade” to a newer VX-3.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 6,771 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Freezer said:
    That depends, what phase is the moon in?
    How the hell would I know?!?!?  I’m not allowed out after dark...
    Restraining Order or general agreement by the neighbors?  >:)

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    You can drop a drop of your wifes figer nail polish on the edge of the turret before a hunt. Stuffs real strong. Been holding two problem nuts on the bolts on my exerscise bike for months now.

I actually photographed the friction rear sight settings on my muzzle loader just because Im a bit of a double checker on stuff like that.
    GunNut said:
    Freezer said:
    That depends, what phase is the moon in?
    How the hell would I know?!?!?  I’m not allowed out after dark...
    Restraining Order or general agreement by the neighbors?  >:)

Mike
    Wife negotiated second trying to avoid first... 🤬

You can drop a drop of your wifes figer nail polish on the edge of the turret before a hunt. Stuffs real strong. Been holding two problem nuts on the bolts on my exerscise bike for months now.

I actually photographed the friction rear sight settings on my muzzle loader just because Im a bit of a double checker on stuff like that.
    Nail polish is magic stuff you can do to fix anything.  Excellent of the Chicago screws on horse tack too 😁

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,288 Senior Member
    edited June 25 #68

Here is the 270 polish
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    edited June 25 #69
     or to use once you are old and infirm.

I thought you two were friends ?
    Even I didn't go there.
    May have thought it.

Brother. Hope you know I do like that rifle....it has class. 

Just like this in person.. but if you notice the snow on the roof of the 270 owners??? Jus an observation..

Seriously that is a nice grab. I like wood and steel and that has classic line. Should be a good rifle for you.

Here is the 270 polish
    Well hell I'm gonna have to order me some!

or to use once you are old and infirm.

I thought you two were friends ?
    Even I didn't go there.
    May have thought it.

Brother. Hope you know I do like that rifle....it has class. 

Just like this in person.. but if you notice the snow on the roof of the 270 owners??? Jus an observation..

Seriously that is a nice grab. I like wood and steel and that has classic line. Should be a good rifle for you.

Thanks!  Can’t wait to take it to the range.  Cleaned up the bore really well and it’s looking good.  Stock cleaned up nice too.  Outside of the dings on the side which look an awful lot like safe/storage damage wood looks good too.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,403 Senior Member
    You can drop a drop of your finger nail polish on the edge of the turret before a hunt. Stuffs real strong. Been holding two problem nuts on the bolts on my exercise bike for months now.

I actually photographed the friction rear sight settings on my muzzle loader just because I'm a bit of a double checker on stuff like that.
    FIFY! ;)

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    zorba said:
    You can drop a drop of your finger nail polish on the edge of the turret before a hunt. Stuffs real strong. Been holding two problem nuts on the bolts on my exercise bike for months now.

I actually photographed the friction rear sight settings on my muzzle loader just because I'm a bit of a double checker on stuff like that.
    FIFY! ;)

Actually I own 3 bottles of white fingernail polish including one "gel" that needs the UV light to cure.  I use it for sights on handguns since I LOVE a simple white dot on black.  My wife taught me how to use her UV light thingy!  Regular polish lasts a looooooong time on sight but that UV cured gel NEVER comes off!!!

• mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,426 Senior Member
    That is some good information to know about the UV gel stuff.  
    mitdr774 said:
    That is some good information to know about the UV gel stuff.  
    Yeah the stuff is tough as all get out!  Learned about it from my wife and her manicurist who gifted me the bottle I have!  Should last me two lifetimes...

Yea, that UV stuff is da bomb - except when you actually break your nail. Then its a 90 minutes trip to the salon for 1 darn finger!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    zorba said:
    Yea, that UV stuff is da bomb - except when you actually break your nail. Then its a 90 minutes trip to the salon for 1 darn finger!
    Wife has her nails done every couple of weeks but she also has a home kit and apparently she’s pretty good with it.  

GunNut said:
    zorba said:
    Wife has her nails done every couple of weeks but she also has a home kit and apparently she’s pretty good with it.  
    Never tried one, but kudos to her if it works! I don't have my fingernails done much anymore - too much expense and hassle, even though it *is* fun. I just slather regular polish on to match my costume when I'm performing - and who's performing right now? I had gel over acrylic "Lady Gaga" pointed nails for several years though. Still have my toenails done - cheap, lasts a couple of months.

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 6,771 Senior Member
    I once did my wifes' toenails with the UV cure stuff. Painted her up good and baked her toes. 

My depth perception really sucks, and she was pretty pissed at me for a couple months.

Don't get that stuff where you don't want it.

OTOH, she's never asked me to do it again.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,749 Senior Member
    All I want to know is how in the world did this turn into a discussion about fingernail polish.  I think a few folks in here have lost some serious points on their man cards.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    I once did my wifes' toenails with the UV cure stuff. Painted her up good and baked her toes. 

My depth perception really sucks, and she was pretty pissed at me for a couple months.

Don't get that stuff where you don't want it.

OTOH, she's never asked me to do it again.

Mike
    That’s my formula for never having to do things I hate twice.  Screw it up really well ONCE! 🤣

All I want to know is how in the world did this turn into a discussion about fingernail polish.  I think a few folks in here have lost some serious points on their man cards.
    Don't knock it if you haven't tried it! :D>:)

About the same time we found out it was a 270..

BAM!
    Takes a real man to wear nail polish - or admit to shooting a .270!

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,749 Senior Member
    I've shot a .270, but never wore nail polish, so I guess that makes me a real man. :)
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,050 Senior Member

Nail polish and 270's...........they have things in common.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,635 Senior Member
    edited June 27 #87
    I've put clear nail polish on chigger  bites to smother that critter.

Klinger, that is as far as it will go.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,738 Senior Member
    I've shot a .270, but never wore nail polish, so I guess that makes me a real man. :)
    No... just old and infirm  ;)
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,738 Senior Member
    OK, I give up! I was looking for the correct "Barrel Break In Ritual" but could find it. I saw some parts of the pre ritual tradition that GunNut already performed since he was drunk when he bought a 270. I found the deer skin loin cloth (it rubs me wrong that he used burlap) and I believe the chipmunks need skirts but I can't find the "Ritual".

By his description this 270 is a safe queen and may have never been fired. This lowly rifle may be salvageable if he gets the barrel break in right. We know he's old infirm and loosing he marbles because he bought a 270, wears a burlap loin cloth, uses finger nail polish and can't get the "Barrel Break In Ritual" right. Help the ol' boy out and post the correct procedure.
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
    Freezer said:
    OK, I give up! I was looking for the correct "Barrel Break In Ritual" but could find it. I saw some parts of the pre ritual tradition that GunNut already performed since he was drunk when he bought a 270. I found the deer skin loin cloth (it rubs me wrong that he used burlap) and I believe the chipmunks need skirts but I can't find the "Ritual".

By his description this 270 is a safe queen and may have never been fired. This lowly rifle may be salvageable if he gets the barrel break in right. We know he's old infirm and loosing he marbles because he bought a 270, wears a burlap loin cloth, uses finger nail polish and can't get the "Barrel Break In Ritual" right. Help the ol' boy out and post the correct procedure.
    🤣🤣🤣 It has something to do with juggling under a full moon but I’m still a little fuzzy on it myself...  I think there’s a video of snake doing it somewhere...

• JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 522 Senior Member
     I think a few folks in here have lost some serious points on their man cards.

Some aren't card carrying members too.