Home Main Category General Firearms

Carrying and expensive gun

2»

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,286 Senior Member
    edited July 1 #32
    Wow that’s a big direction change!  🤣  You got some cool new toys!!!  Looking forward to the range report on the Colt 👍
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,664 Senior Member
    BamaakII said:
    Well, I changed directions.  Spent the afternoon looking at LGSs and nothing made my skirt fly up.  Cabells had a bunch of Dan wessons and while nice, not really that nice to pay 1-1.5K for.  I was hooked on a CZ shadow2 with a bunch of factory mods, great trigger, thumb rest, extended mag release, all ready to race.  But the grips, floorplates and mag release were Tennessee orange. Plus the slide is to thin to have cut for a red dot.  Who in Crimson tide Country sells orange?  I would have been tossed off the range.  So one more look at the 1911s and I fondled a colt gold cup and a few others and was still only mildly impressed.  Then I found a Colt Competition in .45 ACP and I was sold.  Been looking for one to handle.  The trigger is so much better than the gold cup its not funny.  So since i was way under budget, I also got a Ruger redhawk in SS .357 mag with a 5 inch barrel.  I was also impressed with it's trigger in both DA and SA.  DA is only 4,5 lbs according to the salesman, single maybe 3.-3.5.  I was happy until he tells me I'm delayed.  WTH?  I just got an interim secret clearance and had 2 DOD backround checks in the last 6 months plus a sheriff's for a concealed carry permit and I get delayed?  First time ever.  So I now have to wait up to a week.  I feel like i'm in CA or something. 
    I was at a LGS over the weekend and nobody has what I am looking for. As a matter of fact, no one has anything but high end guns in their shop.  When I enquired about transfers he said sure, but it is a two step affair now.  Do the paperwork and background check takes at least 6 hours.  I said even with a ccw and fbi upin?  Yup, they are all delayed.  Each place i went had people standing inline just to get into a gun shop.  
    I have helt a TS Clearance for over 20 year and all of a sudden background check came back Conditional.  I applied for and received a upin from the FBI and since then no issues, until now. Its happening to everyone
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,548 Senior Member
    edited July 3 #34
    Got my new holster. For an inexpensive kydex, it’s pretty darn nice. I ordered the Springfield w/light rail model and all my 1911s fit. Kimber, Springfield, Walther .22lr, Tripp Research Single Stack. Whether railed or not. They fit with good retention and the belt keeps it secure from wobbling front to back. 

I might actually carry a 1911 on occasion now!

"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    edited July 3 #35
    Zee said:
    Got my new holster. For an inexpensive kydex, it’s pretty darn nice. I ordered the Springfield w/light rail model and all my 1911s fit. Kimber, Springfield, Walther .22lr, Tripp Research Single Stack. Whether railed or not. They fit with good retention and the belt keeps it secure from wobbling front to back. 

Is the cant adjustable?  Looks nice!

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

Yes
    Zee said:
    Yes
    Winner!

Think I’ll order one for a Glock or two as well. 
    This just might be the Kydex holster that changes my mind!!!

GunNut said:
    This just might be the Kydex holster that changes my mind!!!
    Now, I have several DSG Kydex holsters and like them. But, at half the price, the Bravo Concealment Holsters aren’t bad. 
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,664 Senior Member
    Zee said:

Knew you would like it.  Especially for the price.  Keep an eye on their webpage they have two for one sometimes
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Just ordered one for my 19/23. 

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,629 Senior Member
    I like Kydex because they're thinner than leather for inside carry.  And generally most secure when they lock down a gun.  I've got them for most of my pistols.  I seldom carry any other way than IWB. Like leather for looks and outside carry.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    edited July 4 #45
    I am NOT a leather holster fan for defensive carry. Too much drag. 

Hunting and field carry is fine. Not defensive. 
    Diver43 said:
    Zee said:

Knew you would like it.  Especially for the price.  Keep an eye on their webpage they have two for one sometimes
    Damn you. 

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,629 Senior Member
    What are all the holes on the edges for?
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    edited July 4 #48
    Gene L said:
    What are all the holes on the edges for?
    Adjustment of ride height and cant  angle by moving the belt loops up/down on the holster. 
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    I had a very different experience with the last BC holsters I bought.  Just didn't work out for me.  They sent me two, actually.  I tried to contact them to send the extra back, but they never responded.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.