Home Main Category General Firearms

Throw ideas at me boys.

2»

Replies

• JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 522 Senior Member
    We all know he wants to do 22 nose right ? :)
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,809 Senior Member
    Seems to me like a lot of suggestions so far are along the line of "what would I want."  Since the point of the rifle is to sell to the masses, coming up with something that a very small percentage of gun people like us would want defeats the purpose. That's what spec'd custom builds are for.  Gotta think, would make that Fudd or 20-something you see at the LGS go, "Dude!!! That's SICK!! That's just like the one in (insert video game/movie here)"  Or "Man, that would be awesome for (insert animal here) hunting"... It doesn't have to make sense to us..  AAMOF, it very well could sell better if it DOESNT make sense to us..

That being said, I kinda think something along the lines JSD's original idea would be decent for a gun to sell. "Legend" might make the mall ninjas think American Sniper type stuff. Maybe tone it down just a little to make it look tacticool, but still be useful so somebody who is starting to get a clue might go for it as well. Boyd's Pro Varmint, but maybe a 16-18" medium contour barrel, Surefire or similar brake with supressor attachment option, bipod and a decent trigger. Maybe give it some camo paint.. Engrave "350 Legend" across both sides of the forend so the mall ninja's friends see it as soon as he pulls it out of the closet...  :D 
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,350 Senior Member
    edited July 1 #34
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,350 Senior Member
    Well, this idea has fizzled out since making this thread last night. I also didn't put into consideration that people on gunbroker are from all over the place and don't all have to adhere to stupid laws about straight wall cartridges like Michigan and Ohio. Regardless I want to build something, but it has to be different and eye catching so it'll sell fast. I'm just brain farting on what though.
    I know a few people in TX that are looking at the Legend to be a suppressed pig whacker and also for white tails. And legally we can use “any centerfire”. Could use anything from .17Rem on up. 

Heck, technically you could use the FN 5.7... which is balistically identical to the 22Mag that you CAN’T use. 

Don’t give up on the Legend yet
    This.  At shorter ranges, cartridges like the 450 Bushmaster and 350L are simply devastating.  They create big ass holes in things and destroy any bones they night bump into.  
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,738 Senior Member
    I had a Remington Model Seven in 7TCU (.223 necked up to 7mm). It launched a 140 gr bullet at 2400 fps. No recoil, low noise, light to carry and deadly to 200 yards. An interesting piece that you can buy factory ammo for. I let myself get talked into selling it :s

Just a thought
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink: