Home Main Category Personal Defense

Carried the EC9s for the first time

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,096 Senior Member
Since it fits my hand better with the finger groove extension on the mag, but not  my pocket, I carried it in a cheap, leather, belt slide my wife picked up on clearance somewhere for under $5.

I wore it down to youngest's place under a Hawaiian shirt, then under tee-shirt while doing some work around the house and running some errands. I think I like the OWB carry for it 
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,445 Senior Member
    Looking forward to more of your experience with this handgun.  Im always looking at options.  
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,817 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    Since it fits my hand better with the finger groove extension on the mag, but not  my pocket, I carried it in a cheap, leather, belt slide my wife picked up on clearance somewhere for under $5.

I wore it down to youngest's place under a Hawaiian shirt, then under tee-shirt while doing some work around the house and running some errands. I think I like the OWB carry for it 
    Those light thin pistols really disappear on you even OWB.  My wife’s 43 doesn’t even feel like I have a gun on my belt. 
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,445 Senior Member
    The G43 is another one on my list to eventually look at.  I have a Shield 9mm, but Im always looking at options.  If something better comes along it will be time to replace.
    mitdr774 said:
    The G43 is another one on my list to eventually look at.  I have a Shield 9mm, but Im always looking at options.  If something better comes along it will be time to replace.
    There is a SIG 365 somewhere in my future as an option to the 43. But for now my Ultra Kimber in a cheap Uncle Mikes soft holster carried AIWB does the trick so well I find myself without real reasons to take the plunge... Sigh...

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,931 Senior Member
    edited July 4 #6
    GunNut said:
    mitdr774 said:
    There is a SIG 365 somewhere in my future as an option to the 43. But for now my Ultra Kimber in a cheap Uncle Mikes soft holster carried AIWB does the trick so well I find myself without real reasons to take the plunge... Sigh...
    What is wrong with because you want to?

KP glad you like the Ruger.  I have a couple of them and can find no fault.  

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    GunNut said:
    mitdr774 said:
    What is wrong with because you want to?

KP glad you like the Ruger.  I have a couple of them and can find no fault.  

Nothing...  And KP has me looking at that Ruger too.  Nice gun and ridiculously well priced!!!

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,675 Senior Member
    I carry my LC9s IWB/Appendix. It was a toss up at the time between it and the G43 - Big Chief found me a PSA blowout on it, so that's what I ended up with. Actually paid less for it than Knite did - how does PSA do it? That site is evil!
    I'd like to try a P365 or a Hellcat sometime, but I'm quite happy with my Ruger.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,159 Senior Member
    I need to get hands on with one of those. 
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov