Home Main Category General Firearms

If you have a S&W or Colt 1917, a 25 or a 625 in .45acp...

GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,760 Senior Member
Got these on eBay.  Package deal at a reasonable cost, good quality clips and the tool works very well!  RanchProducts.com
Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

Replies

• ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,386 Senior Member
    Yup. 

those moon clips come in handy.

i got one of those mooners/de mooner tools to try.  It works ok.

The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,760 Senior Member
    edited July 14 #3
    These are made of nice spring steel and the tool is nice and sturdy.  Priced right too.  I’ve bought others that were too soft and would bend easily.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,705 Senior Member
    Spring steel clips are the type to have. 
    I use a piece of 5/8 copper tubing as a de-mooning tool. 
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,705 Senior Member
    Some years ago, I bought some 9mm clips from  Ranch Products that were spring steel for a 9mm speed six; they caught on the revolvers hand, I  enlarged the center hole that is round and they work perfectly, much better than bendable 1/2 moonclips.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,139 Senior Member
    Pretty sure Ranch Products is where I first bought Moon clips from when I got my 1917 and the 325PD.  Never understood why people said Moons were fragile and easy to bend.... maybe its because they arent using good clips!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    NN said:
    Spring steel clips are the type to have. 
    I use a piece of 5/8 copper tubing as a de-mooning tool. 
    That's pretty much what I was doing but this tool is great once you do it a few times you get into a rhythm and bang you are done.

Pretty sure Ranch Products is where I first bought Moon clips from when I got my 1917 and the 325PD.  Never understood why people said Moons were fragile and easy to bend.... maybe its because they arent using good clips!
    Apparently there are a lot of cheap soft steel ones out there.  I've been buying name brand ones like Wilson and such but decided to give Ranch Products a go and I'm happy with what I got from them.