Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Update: McCloskey's charged with felony.

DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 776 Senior Member
"We will send you to prison for defending life and property but we'll let looters, rioters, arsonists, rapists, murderers, and vandals take over and terrorize your city while we sit back and watch and do nothing." 

https://news.yahoo.com/gun-brandishing-st-louis-couple-214900807.html

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,779 Senior Member
    Governor already said he’ll pardon them if convicted and State AG already asked the case/charges be dropped because of MO Castle Law.  This political show is making the local puke look REALLY bad and energizing the country against left politicians!!!  Frankly, I hope we get a few more...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,914 Senior Member
    None of these protests are peaceful
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,258 Senior Member
    Almost laughable if the implications weren't so horrifying.

OK, so it's illegal to point guns at or otherwise threaten a peaceful protest.  What part of "They broke down the gate to my property - a violent act -  and were trespassing in a manner that would lead any reasonable person to believe that more violent acts were intended" is not understood here?

I guess if you're so far down the Marxist road to believe that there should be no personal property, the notion of defending it with threat of lethal force would probably stick in your craw.

Is this truly where we're headed?

WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    I don't think we're headed anywhere. Two people out of billions stepped into the video of political spin and became the witches of the moment. Not without an unheard group of support.

Maybe the next home defenders will get federal assistance???

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/20/opinion/portland-protests-trump.html

I don't think we're headed anywhere. Two people out of billions stepped into the video of political spin and became the witches of the moment. Not without an unheard group of support.

Maybe the next home defenders will get federal assistance???

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/20/opinion/portland-protests-trump.html

Early why in the world would you link that article from THE NEW YORK TIMES to this thread?  It is pure anti Trump BS, beginning with the title.  These people were afraid of losing their dog, home and lives. They were attempting to defend what is theirs. zit is not wrong to go to school and get educated, work hard and be successful in your profession.  Nobody has the right to threaten to take it away.  The article is attempting to make Federal LEO's into something bad when they stop violent rioters.  Brother you really need to look closer at what is happening around us.  These are not protests, they are attempted take overs
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 776 Senior Member

Nothing to see here people, move along now, let's keep move along....
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,740 Senior Member
    My prediction is the charges will get dropped and we'll never hear about it again when it doesn't fit the mainstream media narrative anymore.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,660 Senior Member
    Oh, we'll hear ALL about it if the charges get dropped. Trust me on this one.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Maybe the next home defenders won't get federal assistance.....
    YAUSSD

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 776 Senior Member
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,939 Senior Member
    I'm not sure if the charges will get dropped by the circuit attorney, the McCloskeys will get pardoned, the Missouri attorney general will take over and drop the charges, or if they will have to duke it out in court.  Regardless, I don't see a conviction in the future.  However, they have already hired an attorney, and will no doubt be out other attorney fees, which means they're getting screwed over by an over zealous CA for political reasons.

The real question I have is whether or not they get their AR back.  In a just world, they would never have been charged nor would their personal property have been seized.  It's a damn shame that one political hack can do this much damage.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    zorba said:
    YAUSSD
    ???

Yet Another Undeleteable Server Side Draft.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    This whole mess, in a nutshell, is why I refuse to live in a 'gated community' or the suburbs. I like my privacy out here in the sticks with my same minded neighbors. I don't have to put up with the dregs of humanity misnamed as 'protesters' coming out here. Coming into my yard with anything that resembles a deadly weapon and threatening to kill me would not be met with much enthusiasm on my part. About all I'd say is, "You should leave now" and see what shakes out. I'd call the Sheriff's office and give them a heads up on the situation, and let them know what the situation is at the time. Up to them if they wish to respond, or not. Takes them 15+ minutes to get here most of the time. 
    I do have a small wide angle HD video camera that also records audio; made for a car and uses a suction cup to stick to the window; just 'lick it and stick it' and hit the record button. Wouldn't be any doctored shaky videos to fight if things got sideways. part of a 'plan your work and work your plan' mindset. There's also a motion activated game camera that records video only, no sound. Always have a backup. 
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,779 Senior Member
    I'm not sure if the charges will get dropped by the circuit attorney, the McCloskeys will get pardoned, the Missouri attorney general will take over and drop the charges, or if they will have to duke it out in court.  Regardless, I don't see a conviction in the future.  However, they have already hired an attorney, and will no doubt be out other attorney fees, which means they're getting screwed over by an over zealous CA for political reasons.

The real question I have is whether or not they get their AR back.  In a just world, they would never have been charged nor would their personal property have been seized.  It's a damn shame that one political hack can do this much damage....
    with absolutely ZERO accountability...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

The pistol the McClosky woman used was inoperable. The crime lab disassembled it and reassembled it to make it operable. That is a pretty heinous crime in and of itself. Dirty prosecutor and a crime lab altering evidence. What else have they done in the past? When the Prosecutor and the Crime Lab commit felonies such as this, then that part of law enforcement becomes the enemy of the people.

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/2020/07/22/mccloskey-gun-inoperable-when-police-seized-it-but-prosecution-ordered-crime-lab-to-make-it-operable-and-lethal/

https://www.westernjournal.com/report-prosecutor-tampered-non-lethal-mccloskey-gun-make-capable-lethal-use/
    ― Douglas Adams
    Im not surprised by that at all. I hate to set any kind of an anti-cop tone on the boards here. But I've suspected judgement rush jobs with doctored cases as SOP for countless jurisdictions for along time.
    Im not surprised by that at all. I hate to set any kind of an anti-cop tone on the boards here. But I've suspected judgement rush jobs with doctored cases as SOP for countless jurisdictions for along time.
    I'm not anti cop, and neither are the links. The prosecutor and crime lab did the dirty deed. They are the ones that need to be on trial for subverting the law and altering evidence to fit their charges against the people.
    ― Douglas Adams
    tennmike said:
    I'm not anti cop, and neither are the links. The prosecutor and crime lab did the dirty deed. They are the ones that need to be on trial for subverting the law and altering evidence to fit their charges against the people.
    The prosecution might have made a HUGE mistake.  All she needs to say is something like it was a toy ibtried to scare away people that said they would hurt me.  YOU made it weapon
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    If this proves to be true and it seems that way now, evidence tampering will get the case against Mrs. McCloskey thrown out and it'll reflect badly and cast doubt on the prosecution's case going forward against Mr. McCloskey. I don't see this case going anywhere.
    Assistant Circuit Attorney Chris Hinckley ordered crime lab staff members to field strip the handgun and found it had been assembled incorrectly. Specifically, the firing pin spring was put in front of the firing pin, which was backward, and made the gun incapable of firing, according to documents obtained by 5 On Your Side.

https://www.ksdk.com/mobile/article/news/local/gardner-staffer-ordered-crime-lab-to-reassemble-patricia-mccloskeys-gun/63-be112149-d06c-4f54-a225-6545e74b5c2d

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

My anti-cop reference was about the possible interpretation of my own post content. 
  • Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 601 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    The pistol the McClosky woman used was inoperable. The crime lab disassembled it and reassembled it to make it operable. That is a pretty heinous crime in and of itself. Dirty prosecutor and a crime lab altering evidence. What else have they done in the past? When the Prosecutor and the Crime Lab commit felonies such as this, then that part of law enforcement becomes the enemy of the people.

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/2020/07/22/mccloskey-gun-inoperable-when-police-seized-it-but-prosecution-ordered-crime-lab-to-make-it-operable-and-lethal/

https://www.westernjournal.com/report-prosecutor-tampered-non-lethal-mccloskey-gun-make-capable-lethal-use/
    When I first heard about the pistol I thought there no way that true. I was wrong. This is just another example of what these dirty anti-American son of witches are.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,258 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    The pistol the McClosky woman used was inoperable. The crime lab disassembled it and reassembled it to make it operable. That is a pretty heinous crime in and of itself. Dirty prosecutor and a crime lab altering evidence. 
    The devil there is in the details.  In the case of evidence guns, it may be necessary to fire them to obtain brass or bullets for comparison to ones actually recovered as evidence at other scenes.  I understand there's a computer database that various markers are input into that known samples can be run against.

A gun may come in inoperable because of owner incompetence, deliberate de-activation, breakage, or maybe it's been sitting for years and full of dried up grease that's keeping the parts from moving properly.  But if it's reasonable to assume it was operable at one time, and there's a need to recover brass or bullets from it for comparison, there's likely no harm in making it operable for the purpose - PROVIDED THAT ALL ACTIONS TAKEN ARE DOCUMENTED.  That appears to be the situation here.  Does not seem like anyone is trying to hide anything.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 601 Senior Member
    I seen where they said the gun was intentionally made inoperable to be used in court.
    FWIW, I've watched several live interviews with Mr. McCloskey.  He flat out stated that the cops who confiscated his AR were not happy about having to do so.  They were courteous and respectful, but just doing their job.  He had nothing but good things to say about them.

It is also my understanding that at the time the AR was seized, the pistol had already been turned over to their lawyer.  I guess he surrendered it to the authorities.

Also, from what I have read, the McCloskeys are (were) democrats and back BLM.  From the comments I've heard him make, it seems he has lost faith in the system.  I wonder if this has changed his whole perspective on the body politic.
    Jerry

• JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 540 Senior Member
    Why would the police just "follow orders"?
    ?????

What do you think they should do?  Act on their own accord regardless of what their chain of command orders them to do?

I guess I'm missing something here.
    Jerry

• JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 540 Senior Member
    ?????

What do you think they should do?  Act on their own accord regardless of what their chain of command orders them to do?

Not follow unconstitutional orders just because they're told to.
    ?????

Not follow unconstitutional orders just because they're told to.
    I understand what your saying, but when there is a warrant they just follow what it says