Home Main Category Clubhouse

Reloading help

bellcatbellcat Senior MemberPosts: 1,851 Senior Member
Great times with step-girl....she comes down and unloads and I just listen....awesome bonding time. Great memories of me and my dad.

"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    ❤️
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    Great of you to share this time with help and pass on the knowledge that will shape her future.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,760 Senior Member
    Passing on useful skills to our children makes for great memories!!!!!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    Hey she looks the right age for it. When my boy was little, his help took alot of extra time........
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,903 Senior Member
    AWESOME
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,858 Senior Member
    edited July 22 #7
    That's awesome. Great bonding time and a chance to spark and keep interest in this stuff. Always good to see it being passed down to the younger generations.

Several years ago, I walked my son through his first AR build, letting him do all the work. We used a new receiver and lower parts kit I got him and mostly spare parts I had in the man cave. He's upgraded parts on it here and there since then. After finishing it, I walked him through the process of loading 50 rounds of 223 ammo.  Then we went out and he got to shoot the gun he built using ammo he made. It really took his interest to the next level. He's always been into shooting. But now he understands at least the basics of the workings of it all. And, he has a better appreciation for what it takes to make ammo... It was easy to go out and burn up all dad's ammo without thinking about the work that went into it.. lol

He took it upon himself to take pictures of each step and label them...

Just noticed I got the wrong pic on the last one. That was a different time. Oh well.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,733 Senior Member
    I was fortunate enough to grow up shooting competitively under my father's tutelage. Even when off at military school he'd still pull me away some Saturdays to go shoot Hi Power matches. Although our competitive interests have split ways a bit as far as disciplines go (he into LR rifle and myself into USPSA style shooting), the overarching principle and bonding subject is still there. Unforgettable experiences for sure!
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski