Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

I knew the news about protesters were false

Diver43Diver43 Senior MemberPosts: 10,914 Senior Member
Watching the news on TV and online articles will have us believe that Federal Agents are indiscriminately snatching so called peaceful protesters off the streets.  Pure BS and LIES 

Here is what is happening for real:

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    That leads to some questions.

Portland is receiving federal assistance?

They've asked for assistance?

Or.
    They've declined and received assistance against their will?

Im not too worried about what's being done to those detained in the age of electronic information. Anything wrong will filter through the pipe eventually. And poeple of good intent are usually at work and/or in preparation to work. Not roaming the streets.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,914 Senior Member
    edited July 24 #3
    Early the so called peaceful protesters attacked Federal Employees and are attempting to destroy federal buildings.The people asked the city and state for help and were refused.  Feds came in to protect Federal assets.  What's so difficult to understand?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    That's what we're being told. Maybe its completely true. If it is. Evidence of it is slow in coming. Especially considering the media accusations, and the proximity to November.
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 776 Senior Member
    That's what we're being told. Maybe its completely true. If it is. Evidence of it is slow in coming. Especially considering the media accusations, and the proximity to November.
    Come on Early. For god sakes, take the blindfolds off for once. 
    Transparency is not partisan.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,398 Senior Member
    It doesnt matter if anyone asked or not. If the local and state are derelict in their duty to protect the rights of citizens of the US, the fed can get involved. RE all the other riots that went on during Kennedy, Clinton, Bush, FDR ect ect ect. Trump has held off and only now is protecting fed buildings and fed workers.
    You want to talk about the proximity to November? Ok. The longer the economy stays closed up, Covid in the east, riots in the west, the more people are going to be out of work the longer the economy is trashed. National elections are historically won through the wallet.

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    Slow coming?  Do you not watch the news?  Have you not seen the videos of protester breaking down fences and barriers?  Pictures of Police bleeding in the streets?  Or maybe in the viral video of Trumps goon squad picking up and carrying off a peaceful protester. Their uniforms had foreign writing on them and the video was from Israel?  Questioning is not only fine, but preferred. Ignoring what is happening because of a political agenda is UN-AMERICAN
    Actually I dont watch that much news. Im in a degree of agreement about the credibility of its content. The difference being that my perception may be broader.

Im not in dispute of the claimed objectives of the federal response. I am alarmed at the lack of transparency. Especially in light of the media accusations. The irony here when viewed in the context of UN fear mantra is interesting...........
    Not sure what you mean by transparency, Trump is on the news all the time saying its happening, only difference is the media shows that once, but then shows a misleading video 25 times saying it is Trumps goons indiscriminately taking people off the street.  
    Guess it doesn't matter to some what the truth is, Some refuse to see it when placed in front of them
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,939 Senior Member
    Actually I dont watch that much news. Im in a degree of agreement about the credibility of its content. The difference being that my perception may be broader.

Im not in dispute of the claimed objectives of the federal response. I am alarmed at the lack of transparency. Especially in light of the media accusations. The irony here when viewed in the context of UN fear mantra is interesting...........
    If you don't "watch that much news", where are you getting your information?  The news fairy?

If you watch both Fox and CNN (or MSNBC), you will certainly see different sides of the same event, or even different events reported.  
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Im sure the cable tv screen is incredibly informative.....

Transparency would seem to me to be uniformed and clearly indenitified federal agents. Clearly communicated intentions announced prior to as opposed to afterward. Accounting of people detained, federal installation damage, charges filled, progress, intended duration, cost, etc., etc., and so on.
    The whats, the whys, and the whos are there, YOU only need to look, a person in uniform wearing a badge and vest that says FEDERAL OFFICER pretty much tells you who it is.  Now tell CNN to stop bluring the image that clearly says who they are and you may get the truth. 
    I posted a video from the top guy behind what is happening, if you prefer to believe CNN thats on you.

I might believe CNN if I ever watched them, but I doubt it. 

The video of the explanation is fine. The timing IMO adds suspicion.

Method matters. I don't issue blank checks for acceptance or dismissal. What I believe is undecided for now.

You are right, the timing of this crap is very suspicious.  I do not think the Dems started this mess, but they are doing everything possible to keep it going,  They know Biden can not debate Trump one on one, they are all but sure Trump will win the election. They are attempting to blame this mess on Trump.  If he does nothing he is a failure, if he sends support he is a racist and wants to be a warlord.  For some reason, some are too blind to see how the Democratic party is using them.
    They're painting him in a bad light as much as possible. And the possibilities are abundant. The DNC is a shining example of abject failure. Biden is a good front man for that. Money and television have ruined our democratic process. 

I don't trust government. Trump's or anyone else's. Everything they do, unless national security demands secrecy should be out in the open for public scrutiny.

No conventions this go-round. Im actually more interested in unfolding history than the outcome right now.
    ^^^^^ Invalid URL^^^^^
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    Sorry. Link does not work.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Im sure the cable tv screen is incredibly informative.....

Transparency would seem to me to be uniformed and clearly indenitified federal agents. Clearly communicated intentions announced prior to as opposed to afterward. Accounting of people detained, federal installation damage, charges filled, progress, intended duration, cost, etc., etc., and so on.
    In a murder investigation the cops don't tell you everything they know until the investigation is over. In ANY LE investigation they don't tell you all they know until the case goes to court. The Federal LE have so far captured a child molester and some other felons mixing in with the 'protesters' in Portland and other cities, and that info was leaked. Your need for 'transparency' whatever that means, would jeopardize the ongoing investigation process and let the filthy rats run to their holes and hide.

Arson is a felony. Attempting to set fire to an occupied building is the felony of arson and the felony, maybe multiple counts, of attempted manslaughter. What point don't you understand?

As to detention of suspects, the Feds play by different rules than the states as to the time they can hold a suspect, and especially if they already have a record and may have broken the rules of their parole. They aren't holding little choirboys.

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    tennmike said:

Arson is a felony. Attempting to set fire to an occupied building is the felony of arson and the felony, maybe multiple counts, of attempted manslaughter. What point don't you understand?

As to detention of suspects, the Feds play by different rules than the states as to the time they can hold a suspect, and especially if they already have a record and may have broken the rules of their parole. They aren't holding little choirboys.

Oh boy, you can believe that! 👍 Feds play by a different set of rules!!

If the "suspect" is witnessed commiting a crime against people or property (i.e. Federal building, federal worker), it won't matter if he runs down the street to hide, they'll go after him/her whatever. Unless being granted special arrest powers from local authorities (i.e. concurrent jurisdiction, etc) they can still detain you for however long they decide (i.e. Guantanamo detainees). Usually, U.S. citizens won't be held that long, instead they'll be turned over to local authorities for arrest and criminal prosecution with, likely, federal charges tacked on. If prosecuted, they'll have both a civilian and federal record arrest record. Happy birthday 🎂

Btw, that "Fed Goon Squad" is a mix of BORTAC and SRT. Also known as Border Patrol Tactical Team and Special Reaction Team. Having been on a military SRT, you shouldn't expect them to play nice. You can wish for it... But don't expect it.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

Its good to see such support of centralized federal powers. Especially the faith and trust in the federal justice system.

I think I understand the point perfectly.
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 776 Senior Member
    Its good to see such support of centralized federal powers. Especially the faith and trust in the federal justice system.

Not even close, Early. When states piss on and dismiss the Constitution, not to mention jailing citizens for the simple act of adhering to the Constitution, it DOES becomes a federal issue, or at least when a president has the balls to follow it to the letter. It has nothing to with the "support of centralized federal powers" as your sarcasm implies. 
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,779 Senior Member

Against criminals and anarchists?!?!?!?  When one party is basically inciting a complete breakdown of the system wherever they are in control?!?!?!?!?!

You **** betcha!!!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

That argument reverberates through history.  

Your right to be wrong has been revoked. 

I wish us all luck with that.
    right to be wrong?   
    Diver43 said:
    right to be wrong?   
    The state, the city, etc..

Maybe this one's better.

We're from the government. We're here to help.
    early, i think you do not understand the mission.  Government LEO's sent to an area where so called peaceful protesters have been attacking Government employees, and attempting to burn/destroy Federal Buildings, the peaceful people that night after night broke through fences, broke windows and shot fireworks into the buildings in attempts to burn everything in the building, including the people in them.  When City Officials failed to protect the building and people, Federal LEO watched video footage, investigated then arrested bad guys with Federal Warrants.  They did not arrest just anyone unless they attempted to stop officers performing their duties.  This was not storm troopers taking over
    I understand that. I have no empathy for the protesters. And I do have empathy for the Federal empoyees.

However.
    I find the lack of suspicion and trepidation about big government's helping hand to be incredibly ironic.
    See that is where you have it jumbled up. They are not there to help. They are there to protect Federals assets and arrest perpetrators for Federal crimes.
    The locals would/could not.  The mayor being with protesters is not suspicious to you?