Home Main Category Clubhouse

New family member!

GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,838 Senior Member
Meet Gracie!  She’s an eight week old Red Heeler (Australian Cattle Dog).  We just picked her up today and she’s already stolen my heart!!!

I don’t think this one will ever see a leash.  She is glued to my ankles wherever I go!  😁
Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,720 Senior Member
    Cute
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,838 Senior Member
    NN said:
    Cute
    Thanks!  I think we're kicking my wife out of bed tonight.  She's my new cuddle partner  B)

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,683 Senior Member
    AWWWWWW!! That *is* a cute dog!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,403 Senior Member
    Good dogs, and a cute pup! They'll herd anything, and I mean ANYTHING! :D 
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    Beautiful pup...You can see it right off....she's gonna be a handful
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    zorba said:
    AWWWWWW!! That *is* a cute dog!
    Thanks!  She’s made herself at home... 

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,661 Senior Member

I don’t think this one will ever see a leash.  She is glued to my ankles wherever I go!  😁
    Says the guy being herded about..... :smile:

I think your wife sees some new shoes and some new furniture in her future, good thing the dog is cute.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    tennmike said:
    Good dogs, and a cute pup! They'll herd anything, and I mean ANYTHING! :D 
    Yes sir!  Our old one could not stand the chickens not coming into the hen house at the end of the day so she’d run them right it!  She would also herd my wife into the kitchen at night at supper time...  I loved that dog 🤣

Jayhawker said:
    Beautiful pup...You can see it right off....she's gonna be a handful
    Thanks brother.  Like all ACDs.  5 out of 5 in smarts AND stubbornness 🤣🤣🤣

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    If I lived closer, I'd bring you some of my old newspaper collection :)..
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,819 Senior Member
     Cute puppy, I am about 6 months ahead of you. I wish I had more time to train mine, I believe the smarter they are the more they can be a pain in the arse. Lots of fun and having a buddy is good. 
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,902 Senior Member
    Nice looking pup! My sister and here husband pretty much only use Australian Cattle Dogs on their cattle operation in Nebraska. They get the the job done according to her.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,051 Senior Member
    Nice!
    i have a Blue Heeler that is my side kick and loves me to death. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 548 Senior Member
    Shes freakin adorable! Our GSD is 8 months old now but she grew so fast that it seemed like she was a "pup" for about 2 weeks.
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,447 Senior Member
    One of the few dog breeds I would consider if I was to get a dog.  Going to be a good looking dog when she grows up.
    If I lived closer, I'd bring you some of my old newspaper collection :)..
    We don’t do paper training.  My wife is a freaking dog mind reader when it comes to pee/poop needs.  So far no accidents Indoors and she poops on command outside!  Our dogs are usually fully housebroken within a week...

Cute puppy, I am about 6 months ahead of you. I wish I had more time to train mine, I believe the smarter they are the more they can be a pain in the arse. Lots of fun and having a buddy is good. 
    This is our second run with an ACD so we know what a huge PIA a bored smart dog can be 🤣

sakodude said:
    Nice looking pup! My sister and here husband pretty much only use Australian Cattle Dogs on their cattle operation in Nebraska. They get the the job done according to her.
    Their instincts are crazy.  The last one we had was all of 8 lbs when we went to a ranch with a HUGE bull in a pen.  She wanted to break the truck window to go after him!!!  Had a big ram square off to her and she jumped up and bit him in the face and then jumped on his back.

Fearless?  Dumb?  Maybe a happy combination of both... 🤣

Zee said:
    Nice!
    i have a Blue Heeler that is my side kick and loves me to death. 
    Yours is beautiful!  I showed pics you posted here to Kim and it was one of the reasons we decided to get ahead and get another one.  They are great dogs!  When they love you there is NO dog more loyal and they are ATTACHED to you!

Shes freakin adorable! Our GSD is 8 months old now but she grew so fast that it seemed like she was a "pup" for about 2 weeks.
    I know it goes too fast.  I wish they’d stay puppies just a little longer...

mitdr774 said:
    One of the few dog breeds I would consider if I was to get a dog.  Going to be a good looking dog when she grows up.
    Thanks!  She is a pretty girl.  Already stole daddy’s heart! ❤️

She likes to watch TV!

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,101 Senior Member
    Nice looking pup <3
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Just noticed the name, if she's so smart, you should teach her to bark/groan once to the old George Burns command, "Say good night Gracie" :D 
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet said:
    Just noticed the name, if she's so smart, you should teach her to bark/groan once to the old George Burns command, "Say good night Gracie" :D 
    What a great idea!!!!  Will do just that! 👍

:D 

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,672 Senior Member
    She's a beauty, good luck.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    She's a beauty, good luck.
    Thanks!!!  Pretty girl is making herself quite at home!

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,936 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    She likes to watch TV!

Looks like she already took over the bed
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,267 Senior Member
    Pets that own YOU.  I am familiar with this phenomenon. . . :D
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee