Home Main Category Clubhouse

New family member!

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,760 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    GunNut said:
    She likes to watch TV!

Looks like she already took over the bed
    Yep, pretty much already owns the joint...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

Bigslug said:
    Pets that own YOU.  I am familiar with this phenomenon. . . :D
     :D  :D

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,143 Senior Member
    Cute pup!  Congrats!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Thanks!  We're getting used to "early morning, puppy is awake and wants to play NOW"  time again.  :D

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,903 Senior Member
    She is cute and smart enough, if your not careful you will go from number two to number three in the house.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    She is cute and smart enough, if your not careful you will go from number two to number three in the house.

What do you mean WILL go, I already got yelled at for correcting the dog...  

No 3 is not that bad, I've been MUCH lower.  At some point in my life I had the wife, an ex-wife, 2 kids, 1 mother in law, 2 dogs, 3 (more at times) horses, 12 chickens and 6 Guinea Hens ALL OF THEM over me in the food chain...

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,026 Senior Member
    Great looking pup, amigo. It's gonna have a great life!

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    Great looking pup, amigo. It's gonna have a great life!

Mike
    Thanks brother!  We are going to make sure she does.

• JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 536 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Thanks!  We're getting used to "early morning, puppy is awake and wants to play NOW"  time again.  :D
    Oh thats always a joy when they decide they wanna play at 5am. Our giant pup has now taught herself to pull the blanket off the wife and I when she wants us awake. Im not amused...
    GunNut said:
    Oh thats always a joy when they decide they wanna play at 5am. Our giant pup has now taught herself to pull the blanket off the wife and I when she wants us awake. Im not amused...
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ours has decided she definitely likes the TV.  She actually watched a big chunk of The Accountant with me 🤣

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,621 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    GunNut said:
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ours has decided she definitely likes the TV.  She actually watched a big chunk of The Accountant with me 🤣

Watch a western with a cattle drive in it with her, see what comes of it ;)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JaphyJaphy Posts: 65 Member
    They are herders!
    our neighbors have one about 4yrs old
    she won’t allow guests in the bathroom
    visitors must remain with the rest of the human herd
    CHIRO1989 said:
    GunNut said:
    GunNut said:
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Watch a western with a cattle drive in it with her, see what comes of it ;)
    Oh the last one we had would loose her mind when she saw cows on TV! 😂. This one is already stalking her toys...  and us...

Japhy said:
    They are herders!
    our neighbors have one about 4yrs old
    she won’t allow guests in the bathroom
    visitors must remain with the rest of the human herd
    Oh they are ABSOLUTELY herders... 🤣

• ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 1,092 Senior Member
    Great dogs, have a mate had  couple of Blues, like Border Collies smart as a whip , teach em anything.
    He used to take his duck shooting.
    Had to be careful visiting though as if you let the old girl get behind you she wasn't adverse to giving the back of your calf a nip.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    ojr said:
    Great dogs, have a mate had  couple of Blues, like Border Collies smart as a whip , teach em anything.
    He used to take his duck shooting.
    Had to be careful visiting though as if you let the old girl get behind you she wasn't adverse to giving the back of your calf a nip.

She just needed you to move along with a little more energy! 😁

• KSUFirefighter2KSUFirefighter2 Posts: 28 New Member
    Good looking pup!

Good looking pup!

Thanks!  When she came in she was all shy and compliant.  I told my wife a week of better feed and getting comfortable with her surroundings will yield a completely different dog.  Now she’s a full Cattle Dog pup.  All teeth and as hard headed as they make them. 😂

edited August 4 #50
    Our recently deceased cat watched TV quite often and was well behaved when she did. Except for once. She (we) were watching a Yellowstone documentary and when a finch was ruffling it's feathers during spring thaw, this cat threw herself at the TV, toppling the whole mess, cable box and all, from the top of a 4 foot high console. Luckily, the cables were shorter than the height, so it wasn't a major catastrophe.

This surprised me. I'd always read that neither cats nor dogs had the imagination to see a 2D image as a 3D "thing".

The other night, while nursing a skin graft on my left had, our "new" cat attacked my leg while I was sound asleep and chomped down pretty hard. She wasn't playing, either. So, instinctively, I threw a left hook at her. That stretched the graft and I woke up quicker than I have in years.

The "up-side" is I missed. Had I connected with a 12 pound cat, I'd have likely wound up in the ER at 3AM instead of sleeping with one eye open for the next couple nights.

Mike
    N454casull
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,054 Senior Member
    congrats, great looking pup!
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,070 Senior Member

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

A month later, she’s looking more like an actual dog!  Twice the size/weight from when we picked her up!! and the fuzzy puppy coat is almost gone.

• PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,329 Senior Member
    That look on her face!
    Something is about to get herded!
    That's all I got.

Paul
  • TwinkleTwinkle Posts: 174 Member
    She's a sweetie!  My avatar is my Mini (possibly Toy) Aussie and the herding thing is fun to watch, as long as you don't get sued by someone who can't tolerate being ankle-nipped.  My niece's fairly annoying boyfriend fancies himself a breeder of Aussie/Keeshond mixes and he totally does not "get" the herding thing.  Whenever they visit, my 12-pound herding maniac keeps him cornered on the couch the whole time they're here!
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,419 Senior Member
    Congratulations!

That is one smart looking dog.

Mike
    N454casull
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,070 Senior Member
    edited August 24 #58
    That look on here face is her saying,
     "hoo-man, you are too far away from the rest of the heard, you must be "encouraged" to move as directed"
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Thanks folks.  Trues to her Heeler nature, a few more play sessions and I'll need a blood transfusion.  My arms look like I lost a few knife fights  :D

AND she gained 4 pounds last week!  Dad is close to 60 (that is BIG for a Cattle Dog) and mom is no slouch either so she might become a little bruiser!

4 lbs in one week?!?!

Hell, even my wife's never managed that...... B)

Mike
    N454casull
    4 lbs in one week?!?!

Hell, even my wife's never managed that...... B)

Mike
    You MUST have a secret computer she doesn’t know about because NO man would ever post that if there was ANY chance of it ever being read by wifey!  OR your the bravest guy I’ve ever met... 🤣🤣🤣