Home Main Category Clubhouse

Hurricane Isaias predicted to rake the East coast...

2»

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,705 Senior Member
    We faired fairly well, lost commercial pwr about 0130 and still running on the generator. Cable went out sometime during the night and obliviously is back on. Landline telephone did not have problems.

Some hellish rain; but, we had been having a mini drought and the water soaked into the ground between storms. Wind was 40-50 I guess; but, not for too long and we only had a bunch of small stuff down in the yard, nothing requiring a saw.

Clean got a text from the ele co stating the power would be back on by 1326-----not 1325 or 1330; but, 1326! So we wait and see, hey.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,759 Senior Member
    edited August 4 #33
    JKP said:
    I saw several news articles yesterday saying it would strengthen to hurricane and hit NC. Seems they got that right...
    Yep and just as many said it would probably stay a TS.  None was saying 100mph gusts like we had...  Oak Island got TRASHED!!!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,705 Senior Member
    Commercial PWR back on at 1640 
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,759 Senior Member
    Spent the whole day cleaning and raking.  No damage to the house.  More pine needles and broken branches than I could ever count...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,822 Senior Member
    Clean up is never any fun, 'cause it's gets really humid and hotter than blazes after a storm passes! I'm still cleaning up crap from Michael! It never ends!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,637 Senior Member
    It actually rained here today - which is more than it did during this supposed "storm".

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."