Home Main Category General Firearms

"Lost" my EC9s today...

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 20,693 Senior Member
Went up to where we hunt to do some shooting. Wife hadn't shot her carry gun in a while (Kahr PM9)  
She had it, and I had the EC9s in my pocket. I let her shoot the Ruger first, then she shot her Kahr
She liked the way the ruger felt in her hand better, liked the trigger better and could work the slide easier than her Kahr.

Technically, I didn't really lose mine, she just wants to borrow it until hers comes in.
They're hard to find in-stock, so I have a bid on one on Gunbroker and have started putting feelers out for a buyer for her PM9 and maybe even my PM40.

If I find another one, I might bid on it too so we have a "spare"
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,693 Senior Member
    So now I have bids on 2. 
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 6,491 Senior Member
    Holy Crap, Paul....you scared me there for a minute. Of all people, losing an EC would be totally out of character for you. 

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    edited August 2 #4
    That's why I put lost in quotation marks, since SWMBO took it

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 6,491 Senior Member
    Yeah, but you know me.....jumps to most terrible immediatley.
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    LOL

Now the question is, am I going to end up owning 2 EC9s's or 3.

Not going to say what I bid, but both have the same bid on them. We'll see

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,516 Senior Member
    Small sacrifice for a happy spouce that's well protected.

Especially with all the venison she brings home.......
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,111 Senior Member
    Look for an LC9s instead/as well.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,772 Senior Member
    I was about to head out with metal detector 😁
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 1,964 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Look for an LC9s instead/as well.

What he said ^^^  There is very little difference between the two.  The EC9s is the "budget" version of the LC9s.
    edited August 2 #12
    As I said, I have bids on 2 different EC9s pending

Well, got outbid on one, figure I will on #2 as well. Found one locally for a little less than my max bid, so I have a second EC9s at the house. HOPEFULLY, I will get out bid by Thursday, or I'll go from "twins" to "triplets" :D 

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,172 Senior Member
    If you end up with triplets, I'd be willing to adopt one. :smile:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,478 Senior Member
    Hey Paul, is the EC9 rated for +P ammo?

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Not sure. It runs fine with +p ammo though

knitepoet said:
    Not sure. It runs fine with +p ammo though
    👍I wondered because the wifes LC9 is, but it is so light it sure is snappy with +P ammo.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    edited August 4 #18
    Diver43 said:
    Hey Paul, is the EC9 rated for +P ammo?

Should be.  From what I can tell the primary difference between the two is that the sights of the EC9s are machined into the slide, rather than dovetailed in.  Other than that, same gun.  I will see if I can find the owner's manual for my daughter's EC9s to verify.
    edited August 4 #19
    Yes, it is. You made me actually have to open the manual and look at it.
    The manual says LC9s on this page, but it says LC9s & EC9s on the front

Hmmmm........do you think we can use +P+ ammo in it?  Not sure they were clear enough on that subject.   :D

edited August 4 #22
    tennmike said:
    If you end up with triplets, I'd be willing to adopt one. :smile:
    Well, someone decided they wanted the last one I was bidding on a LOT more than I did, so I guess we're just stuck with twins

10canyon53 said:
    Hmmmm........do you think we can use +P+ ammo in it?  Not sure they were clear enough on that subject.   :D 

I'm sure you can, ONCE 

Might have to have gun parts removed from your anatomy for a second though :D:D 

I shot +p through the wifes. While not unmanageable, it made follow up shots more difficult and stung my hand. It is a very light gun. Wifes is the LC9 Silver Talo.  As she calls it "the pretty one"
    Compared to my PM40, the EC9s is still a "putty tat", even with +P ammo

I have noticed that my daughter's EC9s is snappier than my Shield or my wife's Kimber Micro 9.
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,630 Senior Member
    edited August 4 #27
    They really are great little pistols. Especially at the price point. You got me wanting another since technically the 1 in the safe is the wife's. I can get another at Rural King for $229.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,111 Senior Member
    I certainly do love mine (LC9s). I paid $239 for it, thanx to a tip from Big Chief on a PSA blowout sale. I had tried most of the sub compact nines on the market at the time, and it was down to a choice between the LC9s and the G43 - I could have gone either way although I do like the manual safety on the LC9s. Then BC came up with the PSA blowout sale and that was all she wrote! It was his LC9s that I tried out at the shoot.

If I had it to do over again, I certainly would want to try both the HellCat and the P365 because of their additional rounds, but I may or may not like them. *shrug* Certainly very happy with my Ruger.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    See, it shows how we're all different. That TINY external safety and the mag disconnect are the only things I would change about the EC9s/LC9s. 
    I would like them better without either and I like them a LOT, even with those two features

• gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,746 Senior Member
    I've had the LC9 since shortly after they came out, I carry it quite alot in a nemesis holster in my back pocket. Only dislike is the loooooong trigger pull.
    I've been considering upgrading to the LC9s since they started making them though.
    I have shot enough rounds through mine that I'm used to the trigger and can shoot it quickly enough that I believe I can get myself out of trouble should the need arise. Mostly I carry an SR9c in a crossbreed supertuck. 
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,028 Senior Member
    Well, if you're gonna "lose" it, that's the right way to do it.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.