Home Main Category Clubhouse

Teddy Bears from Grandpa

pjames777pjames777 Senior MemberPosts: 1,421 Senior Member
Had some teddy bears made from some of my shirts.  Gave the first set out yesterday and my daughter and granddaughters were quite excited about them.  I included a photo of me wearing the shirt of the teddy bear they received.    

It was a very good day!,
Patrick

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,800 Senior Member
    That’s a GREAT picture!!!  I can even see the smiles through the masks 😁  I’m sue those will be treasured for generations to come.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,041 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    That’s a GREAT picture!!!  I can even see the smiles through the masks 😁  I’m sue those will be treasured for generations to come.
    ^ This.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,925 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Yep!
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,921 Senior Member
    Thats a really neat idea.  They surely will be treasured like GN said
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,892 Senior Member
    Never heard of doing that. Very cool idea. 
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 544 Senior Member
    Very cool. Little things like that are moments cherished a lifetime. 
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    sakodude said:
    Never heard of doing that. Very cool idea. 
    Wife said I needed to share as she felt the same, "never heard of doing this but what a cool idea..."
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,262 Senior Member
    pjames777 said:
    Had some teddy bears made from some of my shirts.  Gave the first set out yesterday and my daughter and granddaughters were quite excited about them.  I included a photo of me wearing the shirt of the teddy bear they received.    

Soooo. . .they basically skinned you and made a commemorative bear out of your hide? :D

I like it.  My aunt made teddy bears for me and my cousins when we were born.  For whatever reason, the girl's bears were made out of denim or other sturdier stuff, and mine was made out of cotton towel terrycloth.  The little guy went everywhere with me in the early years and to say he shows the mileage would be an understatement - patches galore!  He's still around to remind me of the simpler times of monsters under the bed and in the closet; of high entertainment being a mud puddle and a stick; and of the folks that cared enough to raise you in a way that you could be a kid and never had to worry about - or even be aware of the big problems.  You're are obviously a bit older, but it all still applies.

Good stuff ya got there.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,948 Senior Member
    Very cool.  Great idea.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,095 Senior Member
    WOW, helluva idea.
    Well done!!
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.