Home Main Category Clubhouse

Who's familiar with, "Here Come The Mummies"?? (Band)

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,087 Senior Member
They're a funk band, in costumes.

One of the theories about the costumes is that they are a group of studio musicians contracted to different studios in Nashville, and the costumes allow them to perform together without the legal hassles of "breach of contract" suits.

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,941 Senior Member
    Love that band! From what I remember from the Bob and Tom radio show they started out as studio musicians. Now I pretty sure they don't have to worry about those contracts. They do travel all over and still wear the costumes. When you get a chance check out their YouTube video called Pants! Hilarious as all get out.
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,087 Senior Member
    Oh, I'm familiar with their song "Pants" :D
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,654 Senior Member
    How about "Skirts"? ;)
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,158 Senior Member
    Saw them in concert...... 6 years ago maybe?

I generally think bands sound terrible in concert (Ratt, Def Leppard). Not HCM...... They sound great! I highly recommend going toone
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,251 Senior Member
    edited August 13 #6
    Contracts!  Sheesh!

Remember the Travelling Wilburys?  When music GODS like Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Tom Petty, Roy Orbison, and Jeff Lynne have to go by pseudonyms to form a band and record together, we are truly well past the point of needing to barbecue the lawyers. :#
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee