Home Main Category Clubhouse

Am I the oldest member of the board

2»

Replies

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,030 Senior Member
    But I want to mount it. On a Pic rail. It's more tactical that way. And it would look really cool.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,119 Senior Member
    But I want to mount it. On a Pic rail. It's more tactical that way. And it would look really cool.

Mike

Pick up one of these at PetSmart for $6.

Mount it on this and you are good to go.

If you mount the laser underneath the barrel shroud you can add insult to injury by firing rubber bands as well.
    I want to mount it on the throw cat.

Mike
    N454casull
  • 1hogfan831hogfan83 Member Posts: 336 Member
    Dang y’all are old!  I’m 36 but I feel 90 so I guess I split the difference!  
    "Well he shoulda armed him self" William Munney-Unforgiven"
    "You believe there is one God, that is good, even the demons believe and shudder in fear" James 2:19
    I want to mount it on the throw cat.

Mike

Duct tape......and a gullible soul to mount it for you.  Unless you happen to have a full suit of armor sitting around....then you might be ok trying it yourself.
    Here is a danger you may not have considered.  If you mount it on the throw cat it creates a new classification of weapon, the ALGTTC....otherwise known as the Autonomous Laser Guided Tactical Throw Cat.  It is most effective when the laser is mounted in such a way that the laser points wherever the cat looks.....but if the cat looks at you, you are as good as dead.  If owning such a weapon it is highly recommended that you wear aluminum foil at all times to deflect the laser and send the ALGTTC off course.
    edited August 18 #38
    Good point. Would encasing the TTC in plaster-of-Paris hold the laser in a pre-determined position? I know this would shorten the effective range a bit....but...I'm just thinking here........I've been considering doing it for unrelated reasons anyway.

Mike
    N454casull
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 538 Senior Member
    Here is a danger you may not have considered.  If you mount it on the throw cat it creates a new classification of weapon, the ALGTTC....otherwise known as the Autonomous Laser Guided Tactical Throw Cat.  It is most effective when the laser is mounted in such a way that the laser points wherever the cat looks.....but if the cat looks at you, you are as good as dead.  If owning such a weapon it is highly recommended that you wear aluminum foil at all times to deflect the laser and send the ALGTTC off course.
    I thought WMD's were illegal though 😆
    Good point. Would encasing the TTC in plaster-of-Paris hold the laser in a pre-determined position? I know this would shorten the effective range a bit....but...I'm just thinking here........I've been considering doing it for unrelated reasons anyway.

Mike

That could work, but installation would be messy and could set off the warhead prematurely.  A simpler solution would be to tape a couple of sheets of notebook paper around the TTC's middle.  This will greatly reduce the range but will increase the entertainment yield (don't ask me how I know).  The downside of this design is that you have to pre-position the TTC near the intruder's entry point due to the reduced range and it also can reduce the reliability of warhead activation.  I still recommend going with the ALGTTC design and wearing an aluminum foil suit at all times for safety.
    I thought WMD's were illegal though 😆

Technically.......yes.  That is why all communications concerning this highly classified weapons system are being restricted to an internet forum.

I should point out that the ITTC (Improvised Tactical Throw Cat) is gaining popularity among terrorists.  The practice is to attach a randomizing device (clothespin) to the ITTC's steering mechanism (tail) and release in a crowded market.  The devastation can be widespread and impressive.  The ITTC does need to be pre-screened for compatibility with the randomizing device however.  Depending on the personality of the ITTC, this glorious weapon can be a dud.   (Again, don't ask me how I know)
    edited August 18 #42
    Speaking of terrorists, I declare this thread to be officially hijacked.  :D