Home Main Category Clubhouse

What's For Dinner (29 Aug Edition)

shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior MemberPosts: 5,742 Senior Member

- Grilled 16oz ribeye (I prefer medium)
- Air fried Brussels sprouts (Tossed in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic salt, and some Cholula)
- Red blend

Glock 34 for an Eli-style photo. 

Followed by my own version of a stripped down margarita:

- 2oz silver tequila
- .75-1oz (SWAG) Simple Syrup
- 1oz lime juice

Shake in ice, pour into a tumbler with new ice and a salted rim. 
- I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,921 Senior Member
    Looks good, except for the meat being a bit overdone.
    Let Eli know he is missed on here
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,714 Senior Member
    Nice----we had Sat. Night Special
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    Roast beef and home made macaroni salad here. Ice cream for desert. Hot coffee after.

Audie Murphy on the western channel. 

Rollin' fat baby!
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 776 Senior Member
    banana, blueberry, strawberry smoothie with some granola. 
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,948 Senior Member
    The steak looks yummy.  You can keep the brussel sprouts, though.  Never been a fan.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,635 Senior Member
    Ate at PF Changs, started with a dragon roll, then schezuan shrimp, fried rice, a glass of Indeed Daytripper on tap, and a 5"X5" hunk of tiramisu for dessert.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 660 Senior Member
    I did PB&J sammiches.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,153 Senior Member

Tonight will be brisket
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • TwinkleTwinkle Posts: 174 Member
    Buttered cornbread.  Not a big deal to most folks but I am working my way through the maze of food sensitivities.  Grains are all out of the picture for now, but I found a cornbread mix from Bob's Red Mill that's grain free and actually pretty tasty!  That square of buttered cornbread was just about the best thing I've eaten in a year!
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,153 Senior Member

That turned out awesome
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,165 Senior Member
    Two stepsons were here. Had kind of a smorgasbord...... Four kinds of wings, chefboyardee pizza, mozzarella sticks, and home cut fries.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,800 Senior Member

- Grilled 16oz ribeye (I prefer medium)
    - Air fried Brussels sprouts (Tossed in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic salt, and some Cholula)
    - Red blend

We gotta have a talk... like Wilford Brimley said in Crossfire Trail, "You done killed that beef twice."   :D

Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,859 Senior Member
    If anyone is interested, here's a steak marinade recipe I've been playing with recently.  It's VERY good on beef steaks and works equally well on pork. While I haven't tried it, I don't think it's a good one for chicken. The marinade doesn't overpower beef, but I think it could overpower chicken I personally like a good amount of hot sauce in mine (usually Franks Red Hot, but Sriracha works very well). This would probably also work well on a lot of game meats. I'm going to try it on dove in the next couple of weeks.

1/3 cup soy sauce

½ cup olive oil (avocado oil also works very well)

1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice

¼ cup Worcestershire sauce

1 ½ tablespoons garlic powder

3 tablespoons dried basil

1 ½ tablespoons dried parsley flakes

1 teaspoon white pepper

Hot pepper sauce (optional – as desired)

I just put everything in a mason jar (fits in a pint jar), screw the lid on and shake like crazy until it's mixed.  Shake just before pouring over the steaks if it's been sitting. Stores well in the refrigerator.  

• JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,859 Senior Member
    edited August 31 #15
    Here's a picture of a 3/4" thick T-bone I cooked last week. Marinated in that marinade, no other seasoning added. Reverse seared; cooked low and slow on indirect heat until it reached 90-100 degrees in the middle, taken off to rest for at least 15 minutes while the grill gets as hot as possible, sear both sides, turning frequently, until internal temp is as desired, then let rest again for a few minutes before cutting. For me, rare to medium rare, about 130 degrees in the middle. I've come to rely on instant read digital thermometers for this.  Especially for thick steaks.

ETA - also, seems to be fairly common knowledge, but I like to take the marinading steak out of the fridge about an hour before I plan to cook it and let it come up to room temp in the marinade. That way the outside doesn't overcook before the inside gets up to temp. Reverse sear helps with this as well.