Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,114 Senior Member
    I certainly don't know all the details, but at least 2 of the shootings appear to be in self defense.  I don't know about the third.

His defense attorney was on either Tucker or Hannity last night, but I missed it.  I suspect he will have a great defense lawyer, or team, and it won't cost him anything.  The prosecution better have their ducks in a row if they plan to make the charges stick.

My biggest concern for him is what happens while he is in lockup awaiting trial.  If they let him in the general population, he may not make it to trial.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,893 Senior Member
    So there are some good protestors? Some good protestors that brandish rifles at public assemblies? Some good protestors that shoot people at public assemblies?

The law has been meaningless for a very long time for those with shallow pockets.......
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,090 Senior Member
    Like so many high profile cases of late...this kid has already been tried and convicted by the media...so much for a fair trial being judged by a jury of his peers....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,333 Senior Member
    edited September 2020 #6
    So there are some good protestors? Some good protestors that brandish rifles at public assemblies? Some good protestors that shoot people at public assemblies?

The law has been meaningless for a very long time for those with shallow pockets.......
    Plenty of good protestors with rifles at public assemblies.  Many armed marches have had no issues.  Right or wrong, just or misguided, Kyle was not a protestor, he was just a kid trying to protect property.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,114 Senior Member

Early, do you just take delight on pissing on people?  You're damn good at it.

Try posting something positive every now and then.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
    edited September 2020 #8

THIS ^
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,392 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo said:

I guess he's decided to fill alpha's former role.
    Didn't work out that well for him
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Maybe my monitor just won't tune in to the proper channel........
  • tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 661 Senior Member
    People are going to believe what they are going to believe. What I have seem sure looks like self defense.

In the first shooting you see Kyle running across a parking lot and someone chasing him who throws something at him then someone else following who shoots a gun. Then Kyle turns around and the guy chasing him grabs for his gun and Kyle shoots him. Kyle then tries to render aid but another guy does that and he tells Kyle to dial 911. Kyle apparently dials 911 and then runs off as more people come after him.

In the second part Kyle is running down the street with people attacking him and he trips. While he is on the ground some people attack him and he shoots at least two of them. One beating him with a skateboard and the other had a handgun.

As I understand it it does not matter what happened prior to the point he was running across the parking lot in the first incident as the running away shows he was not the aggressor.

But then I dunno nuffin.
    My take on this; That kid had no business being there in the first place...What were his folks thinking?  BUT...he WAS there, he was attacked and he defended himself...

I shed no tears for the dead and wounded thugs that attacked him
    So far this is the exclusive news of detail Ive accessed concerning this subject. Spurred by this thread.

Besides KR's attorney talking on tv. I find the purported preemption of events to be suspicious. So far Jahawker is the only poster here besides me to address it.

There's nothing positive to say about any of it. Such is this particular subject.

I make no apologies for not joining popular perception. Ive also been particularly deliberate in keeping my obstinate tone exclusive to this portion of the discussion board.
    I think those that think the kid is going to be exonerated fully are going to be sorely disappointed...under Wisconsin law (as I understand it) he broke the law being out and about unsupervised at 17 years old with a firearm and will most likely be held accountable for that...

Also, as I understand it, the firearm was not his (someone correct me if I'm wrong). The adult that provided the firearm is culpable in the event and could/should be charged.

In the end...this is not a clear cut case of self-defense...the waters have been muddied by the circumstances

• pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    Illinois law you must be 18 to own a rifle, so there's a problem there.  Second, what was this immature lad doing there?  Parents are going to pay a dear price for his actions as will he.
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 607 Senior Member
    Early, im thinking that you sometimes get lost in the translation of trying to reply scholar like. Im not saying this to be mean either but its hard to take someone serious when their every attempt to make a point is pulling out $7 words. And as constructive criticism, there is the proper usage of "well" and "while." And im seriously just trying to be helpful.
    I appreciate the assistance.

The intent of my chosen text is to conserve on typing and avoid being interpreted as angry.
    Jayhawker said:
    I think those that think the kid is going to be exonerated fully are going to be sorely disappointed...under Wisconsin law (as I understand it) he broke the law being out and about unsupervised at 17 years old with a firearm and will most likely be held accountable for that...

Also, as I understand it, the firearm was not his (someone correct me if I'm wrong). The adult that provided the firearm is culpable in the event and could/should be charged.

In the end...this is not a clear cut case of self-defense...the waters have been muddied by the circumstances

knitepoet said:
    JerryBobCo said:

I don’t think he’ll get away with no charges, I just don’t know that thy can make a 1st degree murder charge stick, specially if he was running away from his attackers, even the first one, as the videos and witnesses seem to show.  

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,392 Senior Member
    And my quote regarding JerryBobco's post is below Jayhawker's post in your quote???
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

I honestly wish the media wasn't covered by the first amendment. Like someone above posted, its nearly impossible to get a fair trial. They might as well start reserving the Amish for jury trials from here on out.
    edited September 2020 #22
    pjames777 said:
    Illinois law you must be 18 to own a rifle, so there's a problem there.  Second, what was this immature lad doing there?  Parents are going to pay a dear price for his actions as will he.
    This is not “owning” a rifle.  NC law is a good example.  If anyone under 18 gains “unauthorized” access to your firearm AND uses it criminally you will be hit with a misdemeanor.  BUT you can hand your 16 year old an AR or a pistol to help defend your house lawfully and you are good to go.  Lots of grey areas open to judicial interpretation (or gross misinterpretation).

In the end this will be decided by a jury.  And the BLM folks just might not like the outcome.  The kid already has primo legal representation and over $100k and FAST growing legal fund.  Should be a frightening bit of information for many “protesters” but they are too stupid to interpret this tidbit and use it to gage the temperature of the country.

If I was them I would not be rejoicing that they cornered a frightened young boy.  I’d be really worried about the public’s quiet underlying reaction and the growing number of men, who won’t run, but hunt them when they’ve had enough of this to the cheers/encouragement of most people looking for a FINAL solution to this insurrection (yes let’s call it what it actually is).

• tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 661 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Jayhawker said:

knitepoet said:
    JerryBobCo said:

I don’t think he’ll get away with no charges, I just don’t know that thy can make a 1st degree murder charge stick, specially if he was running away from his attackers, even the first one, as the videos and witnesses seem to show.  

He was in Kenosha.. he works there.. the firearm came from there so I dunno what Illinois law would have to do with it.I am not exactly sure where the guy who he borrowed it from was but there were adults at the business he was there to defend. I have heard the business was an uncles business and I have heard it was a grandfathers.  Seems that his desire to render aid caused him to move from that position and what that means according to the law I have no clue.

He will very likely take some sort of weapons charge but it seems that will be a misdemeanor.

I hope he is exonerated from all charges.
    I honestly wish the media wasn't covered by the first amendment. Like someone above posted, its nearly impossible to get a fair trial. They might as well start reserving the Amish for jury trials from here on out.
    Yep...how the he'll do you find an impartial jury...When I'm king I'll fix that..

• MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,798 Senior Member
    I watched the video several times and many other videos of the breakdown of the video. I see clear self defense on all 3 shootings. I don't believe this young man should have been allowed to be in this position though. Some serious "brain farts" by a few adults involved in his life.
    edited September 2020 #26
    Michakav said:
    I watched the video several times and many other videos of the breakdown of the video. I see clear self defense on all 3 shootings. I don't believe this young man should have been allowed to be in this position though. Some serious "brain farts" by a few adults involved in his life.
    Agree with the self defense, however, I disagree with the "brain farts adults" part. This kid kept his head enough to return fire in self defense and escape his would-be killers. Based on what I have seen, this kid had the brass balls to do what he thought was right in defense of life and property from these communist insurrectionists who are intent on destroying America while most of us stay home, sit on our asses, and type witty comments on discussion boards. I think of the old timers who lied about their ages and served in WWII. Look up Calvin Graham sometime. I'm not directing this toward you but there are a few here on this forum who truly don't grasp the dire situation we are currently facing with these communist insurrectionists.   
    All i can think of is how its a shame that cameras and video are everywhere now. It would have been ideal if the kid could have made it home, unidentified and slept like a baby. Paperwork is the main reason that some people de-esclate even when they're in the legal circumstances to fire.
    All i can think of is how its a shame that cameras and video are everywhere now. It would have been ideal if the kid could have made it home, unidentified and slept like a baby. Paperwork is the main reason that some people de-esclate even when they're in the legal circumstances to fire.
    That and the fact people become hesitant to defend themselves and others in fear of being sent to prison. I personally believe that is the intent with these anti-American politicians. 
    And who defended the property well he was being assailed in the street and hauled off to jail?

The entire premise is as empty as the notion that some imaginary point was scored against the ever present those people. Fabled in story, song, and legend as the enemies of all that is good......

In reality a young man's life hangs in the balance. Someone else is dead. And fodder for political spin defies reason.

A better outcome would have been achieved on a discussion board.
    And who defended the property well he was being assailed in the street and hauled off to jail?

The entire premise is as empty as the notion that some imaginary point was scored against the ever present those people. Fabled in story, song, and legend as the enemies of all that is good......

In reality a young man's life hangs in the balance. Someone else is dead. And fodder for political spin defies reason.

A better outcome would have been achieved on a discussion board.
    It was. Two worthless air breathers are in the ground now. Id also assume Kyle wasn't the only one watching the property.