Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Kyle Rittenhouse

13»

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,893 Senior Member
    Look guys. This is a gun board. Everyone knows a rifle is great for self defense. But we're talking about property defense.

Its video and media spin that's elevated the destruction of property and other lawless acts to the heroic demanding of justice.

People can either march out with their rifles and volunteer to be cinematic superstars for the media. Or.........The evil deeds of evil people can be exposed to the light of day with video evidence. The power of the image is undeniable. Either use it or have it used against you.

A seventeen year old young man's life hangs in the balance for nearly nothing. It wasn't worth it. Bad judgement.

As far as me trolling. I just plain disagree with Republican mantra. IMO all protestors are not bad. All poor people are not lazy. The accusatory and derogatory disparagement of anyone opposed to my belief is a mantra of falsehood. I could go on but I won't. I am a very conservative person according to my own perception. But I won't chorus the song of fear and hate.

• tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 661 Senior Member
    I do not recall anyone claiming that all protestors are bad or that all poor people are lazy. I know full well that I am where I am because of me. There is no one except me to blame. All rioters are bad in my opinion and anyone looting anything other than food to feed his family or clothing, diapers and the like is bad in my opinion.

In a business the value of an item that insurance might cover is the cost minus the deductible, insurance is not going to cover the full cost of replacement plus the potential profit so I might take a life in defense of property and never disparage another for doing the same.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,333 Senior Member
    Look guys. This is a gun board. Everyone knows a rifle is great for self defense. But we're talking about property defense.

Its video and media spin that's elevated the destruction of property and other lawless acts to the heroic demanding of justice.

People can either march out with their rifles and volunteer to be cinematic superstars for the media. Or.........The evil deeds of evil people can be exposed to the light of day with video evidence. The power of the image is undeniable. Either use it or have it used against you.

A seventeen year old young man's life hangs in the balance for nearly nothing. It wasn't worth it. Bad judgement.

As far as me trolling. I just plain disagree with Republican mantra. IMO all protestors are not bad. All poor people are not lazy. The accusatory and derogatory disparagement of anyone opposed to my belief is a mantra of falsehood. I could go on but I won't. I am a very conservative person according to my own perception. But I won't chorus the song of fear and hate.

It's video.  Media spin has tried to down play it.  Why else would CNN have an idiot with a microphone saying they were having a peaceful protest while a city block is in flames behind him.  

Anarchy is not to be tolerated and protection of property, even on principle is our right.  In my state I can't shoot someone for stealing a TV out of the back of my SUV while I'm not watching.  BUT anyone trying to forcibly trespass has an open season tag on them.

So let me ask you, what would YOU do if an angry mob was approaching your house and shouting they were going to kill you, rape your wife and take over your house like that couple in St. Louis?  What would you do if your business and sole source of income was about to be torched by a bunch of cowards in black skinny jeans that think they are untouchable?

Easy to decry act form the comfort of our quiet peaceful street, but I'm pretty sure Joe and Kamala are the only two idiots that still think no response is the right answer so we do not "inflame" the situation.  That is the same as accepting the actions as "normal" and throwing out all accountability.

Might as well hand over my guns and ammo because if I would not use them for SD, what the hell do I have them for?  Target practice and hunting?

How do you know his life is on the balance for nothing?  Do you have proof or knowledge of this?  As far as I can tell the media and law enforcement are as tight lipped as it gets on this one.  Probably means it does not fit the narrative and agenda.

His legal fund is now over $400,000.  He could easily be the landmark case that defines our right to self-defense. 
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,147 Senior Member
    Since the media has basically shut up and all but forgotten the issue, it seems as though the truth does not fit their script.  The truth comes out in a trial, they will scream bloody murder, but just like Trayvon Martin the truth prevails.  
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    GunNut said:

It's video.  Media spin has tried to down play it.  Why else would CNN have an idiot with a microphone saying they were having a peaceful protest while a city block is in flames behind him.  

Anarchy is not to be tolerated and protection of property, even on principle is our right.  In my state I can't shoot someone for stealing a TV out of the back of my SUV while I'm not watching.  BUT anyone trying to forcibly trespass has an open season tag on them.

So let me ask you, what would YOU do if an angry mob was approaching your house and shouting they were going to kill you, rape your wife and take over your house like that couple in St. Louis?  What would you do if your business and sole source of income was about to be torched by a bunch of cowards in black skinny jeans that think they are untouchable?

Easy to decry act form the comfort of our quiet peaceful street, but I'm pretty sure Joe and Kamala are the only two idiots that still think no response is the right answer so we do not "inflame" the situation.  That is the same as accepting the actions as "normal" and throwing out all accountability.

Might as well hand over my guns and ammo because if I would not use them for SD, what the hell do I have them for?  Target practice and hunting?

How do you know his life is on the balance for nothing?  Do you have proof or knowledge of this?  As far as I can tell the media and law enforcement are as tight lipped as it gets on this one.  Probably means it does not fit the narrative and agenda.

His legal fund is now over $400,000.  He could easily be the landmark case that defines our right to self-defense. 
    These are good points.

Anyone hunting me needs to find me and face ambush if they're offering verbal warning of evil intent.

I don't blame people that have devoted their time to worthy vocation instead of learning street survival. They have my admiration. Their mistakes do however provide opportunity to learn and plan.

All the facts in this case are indeed as you say not yet clear. 

I picture a better outcome with the vandalism broadcast across ciberspace for all to see, and KR enjoying his holiday weekend.

• tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 661 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    GunNut said:
    Diver43 said:
    GunNut said:
    And who defended the property well he was being assailed in the street and hauled off to jail?

The entire premise is as empty as the notion that some imaginary point was scored against the ever present those people. Fabled in story, song, and legend as the enemies of all that is good......

In reality a young man's life hangs in the balance. Someone else is dead. And fodder for political spin defies reason.

A better outcome would have been achieved on a discussion board.
    I know it’s hard to grasp but not everything is spin.  I just read that the property he was defending belonged to his family.  There is VERY little info out there about him and the why.  But the fact is that this incident is VERY real...
    Actually it is spin.  The Left, the media, BLM, and the sheeple are spinning this into a story about a white kid looking for an excuse to shoot black people.  Hence Murder One being the charge.
    Was he under age? From what I understand, Yes.  Should a person under 18/21 be in the position of an armed guard?  I don't think so.  They for some reason refuse to state any facts of the who and why. From first reports he was helping defend a family car dealership. Cars on the lot were spray painted, windows smashed and some burned.  The Media currently is doing it best to destroy our Country.  It all eventually comes down to Trumps fault. 
    If it was my business and my 17 year old wanted to stand by me and help defend it I’d be proud of him, and if I thought he could handle himself I’d let him.  If this is indeed the family business I’ll be donating money to his defense fund.
    While I agree 100% from reports made public he actually lived in and brought the rifle from another state to help family.  It will all come out in the trial.

According to the news the rifle did not come from another state. While he may live in another state he worked in Kenosha. It may all come out in the trial but so far everything I have seen points to self defense.

I recall the MSM making a big deal of Kyle not living in Kenosha but I do not recall the MSM making a big deal of Mr Huber not living in Kenosha. I wonder why...
    GunNut said:

These are good points.

Anything one hunting me needs to find me and face ambush if they're offering verbal warning of evil intent.

I don't blame people that have devoted their time to worthy vocation instead of learning street survival. They have my admiration. Their mistakes do however provide opportunity to learn and plan.

All the facts in this case are indeed as you say not yet clear. 

I picture a better outcome with the vandalism broadcast across ciberspace for all to see, and KR enjoying his holiday weekend.

And the media would brand you a right wing vigilante for it just like every headline on that kid.  I knew we’d find common ground.  Everyone here is cut from the same cloth.  It might be striped, solid, red or blue, but all dyed in the wool conservative and cynical of government and media.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,147 Senior Member
    GunNut said:

And the media would brand you a right wing vigilante for it just like every headline on that kid.  I knew we’d find common ground.  Everyone here is cut from the same cloth.  It might be striped, solid, red or blue, but all dyed in the wool conservative and cynical of government and media.
    Just like the media is still telling us that Trayvon Martin was gunned down by a grown man when he was just a kid.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,090 Senior Member
    edited September 2020 #70
    Or the doofus in Ferguson MO had his hands up while pleading Don't Shoot....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Diver43 said:
    GunNut said:

Just like the media is still telling us that Trayvon Martin was gunned down by a grown man when he was just a kid.
    Trayvon is one of my examples when I teach use of deadly force law and EVERYONE is shocked when they hear the whole story...

Unembelished presentation of events could very well be a permanent casualty of polarized extremism.

If there are any voices of reason. They're likely to be small and easily missed.