Home Main Category General Firearms

A bucket list one gets home!

GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
I’ve been waiting for this gun since I was 22 years old.  It was the first time I went deer hunting.  It was a borrowed gun and I had NO idea what I was doing.  But I was sitting on a tree stump on the edge of this beautiful clearing deep in a hardwoods forest and it was snowing.  I had the hood of my parka over my head and I’m watching the snowflakes come down and I’m thinking I just want to live in this moment for the rest of my days.

That rifle was supposed to come to me from a relative but, well, life.  And this relative passed last year and of course the rifle is nowhere to be found.  

Well the most amazing friends and enablers on this site somehow made it happen (I won’t out you but you know who you are) and I’m so humbled and grateful you are in my life.  

The rifle showed up at my LGS today.  I never even saw a picture of it before the arrangements were made or even before today when I opened the box.  All this was done on texts, calls and based on the word of folks I trust implicitly and I’ve never actually even shaken hands with in person. And yet they are dear friends!

She is a pre-64 Winchester 88 in .308 in AMAZING condition especially since she was born in 1957!  Don’t believe this rifle has ever had a scope mounted.  I’m in love, and tonight I’ll hopefully dream if that day in the woods...

Thanks guys!!!  

Replies