Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

PA Gov occupancy orders ruled unconstitutional

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,409 Senior Member
    Excellent.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,319 Senior Member
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,430 Senior Member
    I wonder how this ruling will affect other states? Is the decision being challenged?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,288 Senior Member
    He says he will appeal. Doesnt look like he got a stay. This doesnt cover masks or social distancing recommendations, but closures are over, picking essential business is over. Happy to say this came from my county.
    As to affecting other states, precedent has been set. Now if the Third Circuit overturns the ruling, then we are hosed in PA and the rest of the country.

In PA there is a constitutional amendment moving through right now that we will get to vote on in May that will limit all emergency orders to 21 days before the Gov MUST come in front of the leg. to get them renewed, and makes making another order for the same purpose to avoid the leg. void.

Our Emergency Powers law came into place a few years after hurricane Agnes kicked the poop out of PA. Prior to that there was no EP act. People were cleaning mud out of homes for a decade after 72. I am pretty sure that the people who wrote the law never thought that anyone would have the audacity to use various different parts of law to create a kingdom.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.