Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

POTUS nominated for Nobel peace prize.....

orchidmanorchidman Senior MemberPosts: 8,145 Senior Member
Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,892 Senior Member
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,392 Senior Member
    Cool
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,931 Senior Member
    And it's actually for something HE accomplished!!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,147 Senior Member
    Heard it, but sure did not see it on CNN
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    Trump actually accomplished something whereas Obama got a "participation award" for winning an election.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,394 Senior Member
    Be sure to read the last 2-3 sentences of the article
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,122 Senior Member
    It has been funny watching liberal heads explode over it.  Some are even calling for the Nobel Peace Prize itself to be done away with.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,333 Senior Member
    edited September 2020 #9
    RugerFan said:
    Be sure to read the last 2-3 sentences of the article
    Funny read no?  They hoped to boost the liberal progressive by giving him an award for breathing.  Instead they hurt him AND their own credibility.  Just like the guys at CNN that are so over the top they were excluded from ANY involvement moderating the debates for the first time ever I believe.  At some point it just becomes too painful to ignore the truth...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

BTW. Just spoke to my boss in FL and asked him about the local political temperature and did he think it was really close in Florida as the polls show, and he said Oh HELL no!  There's isn't a Biden sign anywhere as far as he can see.  He thinks this will be another Regan/Mondale map in November.  Trump latest rally in FL was packed and people couldn't even get in.  

Biden got a great reception in FL, with the roads he was traveling on lined with Trump signs and American flags, so that is all he saw on his way to his "rally" with a handful of masked people in some basement.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,940 Senior Member
    GunNut said:

BTW. Just spoke to my boss in FL and asked him about the local political temperature and did he think it was really close in Florida as the polls show, and he said Oh HELL no!  There's isn't a Biden sign anywhere as far as he can see.  He thinks this will be another Regan/Mondale map in November.  Trump latest rally in FL was packed and people couldn't even get in.  

Biden got a great reception in FL, with the roads he was traveling on lined with Trump signs and American flags, so that is all he saw on his way to his "rally" with a handful of masked people in some basement.
    Drove 2.5 hours across central MN to western WI last weekend and we only saw 1/2 dozen Biden or democrat signs, we were actually kind of surprised by that, would expect to see about 50/50. 
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 said:
    GunNut said:

Drove 2.5 hours across central MN to western WI last weekend and we only saw 1/2 dozen Biden or democrat signs, we were actually kind of surprised by that, would expect to see about 50/50. 
    I just drove almost 2 hours in SE coastal NC and not ONE Biden sign, lots of Trump country billboards.

• AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,754 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    Heard it, but sure did not see it on CNN
    CNN "en español" did aired the news and the recent agreement between Israel and other Muslim nations, but of course with a negative spin ("this won't benefit the Palestinian cause", "such treaties can enrage Iran", "...instead of taking care of the pandemic..." etc.

Betcha tomorrow he walks over the Potomac river, the MSM will criticize him for not being able to swim.

I sincerely doubt the pinko Swiss in the Nobel prize committee will give him anything even if he manages to convince Kim Yong Un to leave power and let both Koreas reunite under South's mandate, no conditions imposed. Maybe they'll instead give another one to Obama for the same reasons he got the 1st. one  ;)
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,122 Senior Member
    GunNut said:

I live in Central Florida and so far I only remember seeing one Biden yard sign.  Trump signs are all over the place.  A few miles from my house at a major intersection there are regular protests and counter protests.....usually about a dozen BLM protesters on one side of the street and 150-200 Pro-Trump counter protesters on the other side of the street.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,968 Senior Member
    There are a fair number of Biden signs around here. Granted, Trump signs outnumber them 10 to 1, but they're out there. My next door neighbor has one - and he's a vet! Really cool guy, I don't get it...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,453 Senior Member
    It has caused Pelosi and Schumer to lose their minds, along with lots of the Liberal minions. Liberal heads are exploding all over the U.S. Maybe it will cause a bunch of them to blow a gasket, too; their blood pressure has to be high enough to be in low Earth orbit. I'm enjoying the show on the Left; comedy gold!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,114 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    It has caused Pelosi and Schumer to lose their minds, along with lots of the Liberal minions. Liberal heads are exploding all over the U.S. Maybe it will cause a bunch of them to blow a gasket, too; their blood pressure has to be high enough to be in low Earth orbit. I'm enjoying the show on the Left; comedy gold!
    Finally!  We know the real cause of global warming.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,090 Senior Member
    It's about 20 miles to the grocery store from our place...you can't count the Trump signs, not to mention flags and banners...Next in popularity are the My Governor is an Idiot" signs...often co-located with Trump signs....there is a single Biden sign off in the woods....actually there are quite a few more more garage sale signs than Biden signs
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    A reporter asked Trump as he was walking to the helicopter what he thought of being nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize for the peace agreement in the mid East. Paraphrasing because I'm to lazy to look up the quote, Trump said "Pace is the prize". Good answer.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
    Dynamite!
    I see what you did there.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,253 Senior Member
    I live in Colorado Springs, which is the last conservative metro area in this state. I see no Trump signs. I see no Biden signs. Neither None. Anywhere. At all. It's like we're hunkering down and bending over pleading "More....we want more...doesn't matter who".

This place has sure changed a ton in the past couple decades.

Mike

"Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    I live in Colorado Springs, which is the last conservative metro area in this state. I see no Trump signs. I see no Biden signs. Neither None. Anywhere. At all. It's like we're hunkering down and bending over pleading "More....we want more...doesn't matter who".

This place has sure changed a ton in the past couple decades.

Mike

As to  the lack of Trump signs, they may not want their houses vandalized or burned down. As to the no Biden signs, I got nothing.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,892 Senior Member
    No signs here.
    I think its a good sign.
    Here in west Texas it's probably 5 to 1 in Trump's favor.
    Jerry

• pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,386 Senior Member
    Very curious to see how California plays out.  We HAVE advanced Republicans and RINOS in the past, and our Democrats have done a fairly thorough job of pissing in people's Cheerios this last election cycle.  We're still undergoing a fair amount of mandatory sit-in restaurant and business closures, and our idiot governor is full speed ahead on his green weenie agenda - going so far as to degree we can't buy a new gas-powered car here after 2035.

The Trump signs and banners are out there.  Not so many stickers on vehicles.  The Biden stuff is out there as well, but it's not flooding the world.  Fervently hoping that we get some serious Red Shift here - if not enough to swing the state for Trump, at least enough to end the Jackass supermajority in our legislature.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,968 Senior Member
    Good luck with that. I gave up, and got the Hell out. Now the craziness has followed me - I thought I'd seen the last of Kamel Toe...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Sudan (I think) and Israel have just normalized relations.  Several other Arab nations such as Saudi Arabia are expected to follow suit shortly.  I wonder if this will lead to a 4th nomination.

It's a damn shame that Thursday's debate didn't have foreign relations as a topic, and the msm fails to mention it.
    Jerry