Home Main Category General Firearms

Milsurp save Monday

VarmintmistVarmintmist Posts: 8,305 Senior Member

I dont recall I posted the final on this one. This was a bubba'ed 1903. Holes for a receiver peep, holes for a scope (off center) cut stock that was finished ok. I am thinking that someone got it and put a Lyman sight on it and redid the stock in the 50's, then grand bubba bores some holes in it for a scope mount.
I got it off of gun broker cheap, put the bbled action and parts I had, plus parts I accumulated for the project into a box and sent it to the CMP. It is now a replica M1941 and fun to shoot.

The scope is a Hi Lux Malcolm clone of a Unertl. The glass is good, the turrets.... not so much. I just had it at a match Sun where I shot a 94 at 300 and a 96 at 600 even with a 7 that I shot because I didnt pull the scope back. The spring wasnt used in the military, so it is not legal for the matches. I just found out that they make replacement turrets that are a lot more positive. I was having a hard time getting it dialed in at 300 and the 600 zero I got Sat afternoon that was a 10 at 12oclock shot low and right a 7 at 5oclock.

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Replies