Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Christian worshippers arrested in Moscow, Idaho.

2»

Replies

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,263 Senior Member
    Shamelessly stolen from somewhere (probably somewhere here)........

"If you're wearing a facemask while by yourself in your own car, I have to assume it's to keep you from licking the glass."

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,396 Senior Member
    edited September 2020 #33
    Diver43 said:
    That answer is simple.  Local regulations say wear one in public.  
    Dont want to? You dont have to. Stay on your own property and I wont come on it without one.
    I hate regulations as much as anyone, but sometimes it's just the right thing to do.  Once covid is over I will be the first to welcome everyone to give bro hugs and all.  I personally know three people to die from this **** and only one was over 65 and had other health issues. The other two younger and in better shape than i
    The part I bolded IS the problem. Covid's NEVER going to be "over", any more than influenza, or the common cold are.
    It's loose, in a susceptible population. It's here and will be from now on. 
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,980 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    Diver43 said:
    That answer is simple.  Local regulations say wear one in public.  
    Dont want to? You dont have to. Stay on your own property and I wont come on it without one.
    I hate regulations as much as anyone, but sometimes it's just the right thing to do.  Once covid is over I will be the first to welcome everyone to give bro hugs and all.  I personally know three people to die from this **** and only one was over 65 and had other health issues. The other two younger and in better shape than i
    The part I bolded IS the problem. Covid's NEVER going to be "over", any more than influenza, or the common cold are.
    It's loose, in a susceptible population. It's here and will be from now on. 
    THANK YOU!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,454 Senior Member
    In case we forgot:

1. Heart disease
    Deaths in 2017: 647,457
    Percentage of total deaths: 23.5%

2. Cancer
    Deaths in 2017: 599,108
    Percentage of total deaths: 21.3%

3. Unintentional injuries
    Deaths in 2017: 169,936
    Percentage of total deaths: 6%

4. Chronic lower respiratory disease
    Deaths in 2017: 160,201
    Percentage of total deaths: 5.7%

5. Stroke and cerebrovascular diseases
    Deaths in 2017: 146,383
    Percentage of total deaths: 5.2%

6. Alzheimer’s disease
    Deaths in 2017: 121,404
    Percentage of total deaths: 4.3%

7. Diabetes
    Deaths in 2017: 83,564
    Percentage of total deaths: 3%

8. Influenza and pneumonia
    Deaths in 2017: 55,672
    Percentage of total deaths: 2%

9. Kidney disease
    Deaths in 2017: 50,633
    Percentage of total deaths: 1.8%

10. Suicide
    Deaths in 2017: 47,173
    (20 soldiers with PTSD per day are part of that number)

Deaths from Covid 204,598
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,121 Senior Member
    Shamelessly stolen from somewhere (probably somewhere here)........

"If you're wearing a facemask while by yourself in your own car, I have to assume it's to keep you from licking the glass."

Mike
    Nah, it just means you're a Biden supporter.  But, on second thought, same thing.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,754 Senior Member
    .....and now the POTUS and his wife got it apparently from a WH aide (Hicks?)

Although both catholic from private catholic schools, not the most religious people to say the least, but those friends of us who are wouldn't dare to go to a church for public mass. Of course local pinko government has banned religious services but I'd expect REASONABLE behavior from church authorities, alleged "herders of the flock" and suspend any gatherings at closed spaces for a while. Specially considering we have the worst death and illness rates worldwide per million "citizens" with close to 100K deaths in a 30 million population. 

Suicides, accidents and natural death causes don't publicly completely clog even the worst (ours) medical services, thus causing the worst of situations: Making politicians look bad, ignorant and incompetent (or even show them as corrupt crooks). 
    They don't like this and will do anything to save face, no matter how hard they have to trample your rights.

Wear a mask in public please. If you can't (or refuse to do it) it would be better to stay at home; few aquaintances have got it and only know of a single case of SEVERE flu symphtoms, but those who had not so mild ones say they felt like dying. Would hate to see any "R.I.P." posts here!

This sickness is like walking a pet adult tiger inside a crowded mall......may allegedly be tamed and trained, might make you look cool and in control (at least in your mind), might even be your right thanks to some legal permit, but not the nicest, most reasonable thing to do in public.

We have been attending church regularly for several months, and only wear a mask when entering the building.  Once inside, social distancing is the norm between family groups.  So far, I am not aware of anyone getting covid, but that doesn't mean that no one has.

I am going to start a separate thread about the president.
    Jerry

• DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
    We have been attending church regularly for several months, and only wear a mask when entering the building.  Once inside, social distancing is the norm between family groups.  So far, I am not aware of anyone getting covid, but that doesn't mean that no one has.

I am going to start a separate thread about the president.
    Pretty much the same at my church. Some wear them but most do not. I will add that I will put one on if someone next or near to me requests that I do.  
    We have to register in advance, and seating is limited.  We have folding chairs for seating rather than the traditional benches, and every other row of chairs has been removed.  It's fair to say we're operating at less than half the capacity of what it was prior to Covid.  There is a second meeting hall where services are live streamed, and there is also an online option which allows people to watch from home.

Jerry