Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Who is planning to watch tonight's debate?

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 8,121 Senior Member
You can't see it, but I just raised my hand.

I want to see if Biden can maintain.  He has had some struggles lately.  At times, he has had a hard time stringing two sentences together or staying on track.  It will be interesting to see how he does tonight.

It will also be interesting to see if Trump goes after him to try to rattle him.  I don't think it's possible to rattle Trump, as he has had so many hard interviews and questions thrown at him.
Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,980 Senior Member
    edited September 2020 #2
    I won't because all it'll do is piss me off and I have a dance class tonite. My wife will watch it and report the highlights.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,156 Senior Member
    I may watch some of it, but will look for the highlites tomorrow
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,100 Senior Member
    Nope...there are reruns of Gunsmoke on that interest me more
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,305 Senior Member
    I may watch, just to play bingo:

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
    I don't have a television so I'll listen in on the radio. It's going to be pure comedy. 
    edited September 2020 #7
    zorba said:
    I won't because all it'll do is piss me off and I have a dance class tonite. My wife will watch it and report the highlights.
    ... somewhere on a darkened Florida road a red jeep zooms by to dance class as the occupant's hand hovers and resists the urge to turn on the radio... 

.... as the tail lights disappear on a leaf strewn gentle curve, the temptation is too much and a voice suddenly booms in the humid evening air ... "OH THAT'S A LOAD OF BULL***T JOE!!!!" It's not until a half hour later that the frogs and crickets return to their joyous songs of the night. 
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,454 Senior Member
    I'm gonna watch it just in case Biden's cheese slips off his cracker and he goes ballistic on Trump. Maybe Joe will challenge him to a pushup contest or to a fistfight on stage. I suspect he'll be a lost ball in high weeds within 30 minutes or less. Any way you look  at it, it's gonna be comedy gold.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,196 Senior Member
    What Tennmike said.  I'm going to watch it partially for comic relief, and partially to see what the enemy camp is plotting.  Trump has already said that he thinks they're going to give Joe a shot in the butt with some sort of attention-enhancing stimulant (Adderall?) which will keep him "sharp(er)" for two hours, after which he'll deflate like a punctured beach ball, but at least that should make for a more interesting debate.  Technically at least, things could go either way.  These are unsettling times.
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
    tennmike said:
    I'm gonna watch it just in case Biden's cheese slips off his cracker and he goes ballistic on Trump. Maybe Joe will challenge him to a pushup contest or to a fistfight on stage. I suspect he'll be a lost ball in high weeds within 30 minutes or less. Any way you look  at it, it's gonna be comedy gold.
    I'm betting that Biden will drop some not so politically correct nouns as his anger meter goes off the rails.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,980 Senior Member
    edited September 2020 #11
    zorba said:
    ... somewhere on a darkened Florida road a red jeep zooms by to dance class as the occupant's hand hovers and resists the urge to turn on the radio... 

.... as the tail lights disappear on a leaf strewn gentle curve, the temptation is too much and a voice suddenly booms in the humid evening air ... "OH THAT'S A LOAD OF BULL***T JOE!!!!" It's not until a half hour later that the frogs and crickets return to their joyous songs of the night. 
    That thar's funny! Unfortunately, its a virtual class - "Cardio Belly Dance": a mix of Belly Dance, aerobic exercises, with a bit of Yoga. Kicks my ass...
    Besides, the red jeep is "down" at the moment, I'm re-doing the battery tray/tie down; I'd take the Mercedes.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    zorba said:
    That thar's funny! Unfortunately, its a virtual class - "Cardio Belly Dance": a mix of Belly Dance, aerobic exercises, with a bit of Yoga. Kicks my ass...
    Besides, the red jeep is "down" at the moment, I'm re-doing the battery tray/tie down; I'd take the Mercedes.
    And now for  some comic relief. :D:D:disappointed:
    (I couldn't help it!  :)  )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qev-i9-VKlY
    ― Douglas Adams
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,263 Senior Member
    I'm not. My wife goes off the rails anytime Trump opens his mouth. OTOH, she can't stand Biden, and she loathed Sanders. I've tried to point out that, even though in our sixties, we've never had the chance to vote (except for once) for anything except the lesser of two evils.

She says it shouldn't be that way. I tell her it always has been and even if distasteful...you've gotta pick a side. And I leave the room. It ain't worth it.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,396 Senior Member
    I'm going to TRY to watch it. If I manage too, I expect the previously mentioned comedic GOLD. However, I give it a 50-50 chance of making it through the initial BS long enough for the comedy to begin.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,377 Senior Member

My daughter sent me a better game!

YES I’ll be watching/drinking!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,395 Senior Member
    Rowdy idiots.  Both of them. :#
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 607 Senior Member
    I'm watching this thinking "My God, our country is balancing between these two." 
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,305 Senior Member
    Couple of 70 year olds acting like 7 year olds.

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Couple of 70 year olds acting like 7 year olds.

Yes.  One hour in and it's been PAINFUL!  
    WWJMBD?

I went rockhounding this afternoon, I'm in a good mood ... (radio power button) not gonna do it, not gonna do it, not gonna do it... 
    GunNut said:

YES I’ll be watching/drinking!
    You should be falling down commode hugging drunk by now! :D:D:D  
    ― Douglas Adams
    I'd say the fence sitters aren't gonna hop from where they're sitting. This is painful. Can someone explain why Trump didn't condemn white supremacists when he had an easy opportunity?
    Can somebody explain why Trump can't just shut the hell up?  I would not have thought it possible to lose a debate to Joe Biden, but he's managing it. :s
    WWJMBD?

edited September 2020 #24
    Biden: Wabbit season!
    Trump: Duck season!
    Biden: Wabbit season!
    Trump: Duck season!
    Biden:  Wabbit season!
    Wallace: Next one ya throw I ain't ah goin in after it (plays jacks)
    I once saw a monkey trying to have sex with a football...
    Tonight I just saw a rerun...
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,377 Senior Member
    Wallace has to be the worst moderator ever...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

Jayhawker said:
    So, uh.... hey, uh.... any video of said video...?
    Jayhawker said:
    So, uh.... hey, uh.... any video of said video...?
    Amaxing the things you see courtesy of the U.S. Army
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,396 Senior Member

I printed the cards and the wife and I played, neither of us won
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,156 Senior Member
    I only watched a little bit, but OMG it was painful
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,754 Senior Member
    Watched a few parts in CNN. As always trump acted as a bully that couldn't allow his opponent finish a sentence, but that's part of his character so no surprises. 

Biden seemed to struggle to keep coherent and had that "lost in space look" with eyes focusing the nothingness.

Post debate comments were a laugh, with the stage full of evident pro-democrat "analysts"; in CNN en español they simply avoided translating a noticeable chunk of Trump's commentaries and answers....what a shameful favoritism!

Local talking heads (most pinkos) said that Trump was obnoxious and racist....betcha half of them wouldn't understand even half of what he said.

Wish we had Trump as president here. Even Biden would be 100 times better of what we usually pick!