Home Main Category Clubhouse

I'm so freaking excited!!!

2»

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    Well done Buddy, after many conversations about this over the years, I know your have a big sense of achievement 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,060 Senior Member
    I like the Chick’s shirt. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    edited October 2020 #34
    So, what does this “cert” mean?  Work wise.....training wise.....opportunities. 
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    Well done Buddy, after many conversations about this over the years, I know your have a big sense of achievement 
    Thanks!  Training/teaching is like running a lifelong marathon but this is a GREAT water station 😁

Already thinking what’s next! 
    Zee said:
    I like the Chick’s shirt. 
    The women in class were a hoot, and Lord they were shooters!
    Zee said:
    So, what does this “cert” mean?  Work wise.....training wise.....opportunities. 
    Oh boy... let me think that through fir a moment because I want to give you a worthy answer...

It’s huge for me.  It gives me a dual status within my organization because now I can establish partnerships with local ranges and bring them into the fold AND also run my own, company backed, instruction therefore self regulating the amount of folks I get in front of every month.  In time it will allow me to transition to training only which is where my heart is.

Training wise, it has organized and nicely cleaned up my SD shooting skills and, more importantly, given me a methodology to transfer those skills in an orderly fashion to another shooter and a means to subjectively asses their success.

Because I’m now using the company developed and tested curricula, I will be able to teach anywhere in the country using their brand and they will help me with marketing, signups, materials and even physical support if needed. It also opens the door to more advanced training down the line.

BTW the methods were very similar to much of what you and your mentor used with Kim and I years ago, now backed by eLearning, book materials and the “why” behind them.  We also used some of the new concepts you were telling me about on our last conversation but not as advanced as you explained.  

I believe my background with a solid foundation built upon your instruction was the main (only? 😊) reason I passed on the first go around, not many did.  

So once again I’m humbled and grateful to you for helping keep my family protected all these years and ultimately inspiring me to pass it along to help others to the best of my abilities.
    And before anyone thinks the beard is my attempt at looking all “operator”, it absolutely isn’t.  I know my limitations which are huge 🤣

My wife, about 3 weeks ago, came to me and said since she is now used to seeing me with a mustache she wanted me in a full beard to see how it looks, and now she loves it...

I’ve tried to convince her to let me shave it off three times because it’s driving me nuts, but she won’t let me!!!! 🤬
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Central FLPosts: 2,122 Senior Member
    GunNut said:

I’ve tried to convince her to let me shave it off three times because it’s driving me nuts, but she won’t let me!!!! 🤬

I have had a beard for over 28 years now because my wife loves it.  She has jokingly (I hope) threatened to divorce me if I shave it off.  My kids have never seen me without it.
    GunNut said:

I have had a beard for over 28 years now because my wife loves it.  She has jokingly (I hope) threatened to divorce me if I shave it off.  My kids have never seen me without it.
    Crap... 😱
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Central FLPosts: 2,122 Senior Member
    Hang in there, after awhile you get used to it.  I do keep it trimmed short, which helps.
    Hang in there, after awhile you get used to it.  I do keep it trimmed short, which helps.
    She’s envisioning Gerald Butler in 300.  I’m thinking skinny Santa.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Well done, my man.  Well done!
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Well done, my man.  Well done!
    Thank you sir!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    This is the song!

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    Actually I love that song! 😁
    Yea, I've always been fond if it as well - it came to mind immediately when I first saw this thread. And why not?

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    zorba said:
    Yea, I've always been fond if it as well - it came to mind immediately when I first saw this thread. And why not?
    It’s a good one 👍👍
    edited October 2020 #49
    It just got weird. 
    Zee said:
    It just got weird. 
    Tends to happen around here... 😱
    GunNut said:
    Zee said:
    It just got weird. 
    Tends to happen around here... 😱
    Especially when Zorba gets involved. 😳
    HEY! ;)

)O(
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Zorba, this one is just for you. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZW4vbIstoo
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Zorba, this one is just for you. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZW4vbIstoo

What fun!

)O(