Home Main Category Clubhouse

Air Quality

pjames777pjames777 Senior MemberLincoln, CAPosts: 1,421 Senior Member
Fires in Northern California have reduced the air quality for over eight weeks.  Pretty much locked down but today is a tolerable 64 AQ and a beautiful morning on the patio.  I've only been able to go outdoors five days since August!  (HIgh heat and bad AQ and diminished lungs).  Rain possible this weekend should help.   Never been to Yellowstone so the Mrs. and I are going to check it off the bucket list next week.  

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    Yellowstone is gorgeous! Take a little side trip and see the Grand Tetons as well.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • N454casullN454casull Member Posts: 688 Senior Member
    Went to Yellowstone a couple weeks ago. 

I can’t recommend/encourage you enough to go to Cody it’s just out of the East entrance to the park. In Cody is the Buffalo Bill museum of the west. No gun person should ever skip the opportunity to visit there. Also just out side of Cody is Heart Mountain, a Japanese confinement camp. Amazing and moving place to visit. 

If you have a family it’s worth buying the yearly pass to Heart Mountain as it gets you into the Buffalo Bill museum as well many others museums throughout  the country. Our family of 5 saved major money going that route. We used the pass to get into the car museum in Tacoma as well. It saved us a couple hundred dollars. 

We were told by a ranger the big bull running around Mammoth hot springs is 400in class bull. I’m not a very good judge of such things but it made the other bulls look tiny and it’s definitely the biggest bull I have ever seen on the hoof. 

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,821 Senior Member
    edited October 2020 #4
    I feel your pain....AQ in Colorado has sucked pretty much all summer (screws with the wifes asthma pretty bad), and no relief in sight. Our 1st and 3rd largest wildfires ever are still burning here, and fires in Cali and Wyoming are pounding us with smoke, too.

As to Yellowstone.....went there with my sis and BIL in 2004, but it was a really rushed trip. I don't think we were actually in the park for over 6 hours. I've always regretted that. Take your time if you can.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    It's even worse when you live in a giant bowl (aka Big Valley). Smoke rolls in an just camps out because it can't seem to escape anywhere until the rains come. Our Air Quality Index has been in the red since July. Red moon at night and orange/overcast sun during the day (most days). A lot of people I know have a nagging chronic cough and it ain't Covid. Everyday, something smells like it's burning so I do a walk around the property just to be sure.
    I agree, if you can take a vacation go for it. Clear out the lungs. Careful, clean air could throw you into shock! 🤣

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain