Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

VP Debate- anyone watch?

bullsi1911bullsi1911 ModeratorPosts: 11,305 Senior Member
I missed a big part of the beginning. What I saw- guns never came up.  Did I miss it?

all in all, I think Pence won that handily. Harris parroted the same proven lies that the dems have been stating for 3 years, and dodged all the questions. The moderator was obviously in the Biden camp, but Pence did quite well
To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,100 Senior Member
    Watched the last 30 minutes or so....Kamel Toe is as good at avoiding issues as Joe....despicable woman
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
    Can't stomach listening to Anchor Baby Harris. I'll listen to it tomorrow as there's no need to get the BP rapped up tonight.   
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,377 Senior Member
    Can’t stand condescending obnoxious woman.  Every time she tried to laugh off a comment by Pence I wanted to shoot the TV...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,121 Senior Member
    I watched most of it.  Both neglected to answer some questions, but the most glaring was Harris' refusal to answer the question about packing the supreme court.  She repeated lies that have been debunked numerous times, such as Trump's remarks to the effect "there were very fine people on both sides."  I'm glad that Pence set the record straight on that.  I heard him say several times that she was entitled to her own opinions, but not her own facts.

The only real negative I saw on Pence was his proclivity to ignore the moderator and take longer to answer than he was allowed.  The moderator tried her best to shut him down, but he simply ignored her.

Harris' smirks and condescending facial expressions hurt her, in my opinion.  She came across to me as a total witch.

I think that Pence won this.  Maybe Trump was watching and will pick up some pointers, assuming there are any more debates.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,457 Senior Member
    I watched all of it. For the first half hour, Pence didnt answer a question and ran over his time while not having a point. Thankfully, after that, he got on point and started to **** at the end of his time. Doing that let Harris talk, thats when Pence pulled ahead. The Trump/Pence team needs to learn to let Harris/Biden run off at the mouth, then answer the question put to them quickly, and use the extra time to take the facts to the Harris/Biden team. Pence scored when he let Harris take off on taxes, then explained that eliminating the tax cuts raises taxes on everyone. He scored when he said the GND is part of their platform AND THE MODERATOR took that to Harris. She was NOT ready for that. Same thing happened with Joe when Wallace re asked him about a Trump point. There was a stare of complete incredulousness on his face. He and Harris are NOT used to answering actual questions. They wont have to if Trump/Pence team keeps thinking its a good idea to step on then speaking.

Harris/Biden will beat themselves, let them.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,951 Senior Member
    One thing I raised an eyebrow at was when the moderator got Pence to stop talking after the 3rd or 4th question and thanked him for a good segue to the next question and Harris agreed that it was a good segue, like she knew what the next question was.  
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,377 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    One thing I raised an eyebrow at was when the moderator got Pence to stop talking after the 3rd or 4th question and thanked him for a good segue to the next question and Harris agreed that it was a good segue, like she knew what the next question was.  
    Everything is choreographed on their side.  Their “catchy phrases” show up on t-shirts for sale the day after the debate...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,980 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Everything is choreographed on their side.  Their “catchy phrases” show up on t-shirts for sale the day after the debate...
    Yep, its all good - or not so good - theatre.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,454 Senior Member
    Past JFK, I wouldn't trust ANY Democrat running for POTUS or VPOTUS to guard the contents under an overflowing outhouse even if they'd been checked for knives, spoons, forks, sporks, and large bore straws. I view them all as domestic enemies.  :)
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,263 Senior Member
    I tried. Gave them one question each, and realized (surprise....) that all questions would be ignored as to context and answered with the same talking points both "football" teams coaches had ordained.

I don't know why they are even called "debates" anymore, or why we still have them. TV ratings are my only guess.....

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    Once you got through the first 30 min or less, it became a debate.

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,263 Senior Member

Why should I allow them to waste another hour of my time after they spent 30 minutes "tuning their guitars"?. I'd walk out on Clapton for such, and surely regret it  a lot more.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,395 Senior Member
    A sentence or three past the agreed-upon time limit is acceptable.  Delivering the entire Gettysburg Address after your time is up is not.  Respect the rules and the moderator folks. :#

And when the conversation has moved on to another topic, don't go back to the last topic to dodge the question.  :#

Shock collars, I'm tellin' ya.

Now, how about the two-dimensional plexiglass barriers between the candidates?  Because we all know that airflow and virus transmission are only line-of-sight. :D   
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee

Why should I allow them to waste another hour of my time after they spent 30 minutes "tuning their guitars"?. I'd walk out on Clapton for such, and surely regret it  a lot more.

Mike

Because Clapton fixing a broken string wont determine if I get to retire (or be in a position to) when I expect to be able to in the manner I should be able to. I dont want to buy the book "97 ways to prepare Alpo" because the 401K's get federalized.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,758 Senior Member
    Opening salvo's and that was it....click!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,863 Senior Member
    I watched some of it and this was my thought. If the polls are correct and Joe wins I don't think he will last long, I think Nancy tipped her hand about that today, them Kamala is going to be our president. That should scare everybody.
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
    edited October 2020 #18
    I watched some of it and this was my thought. If the polls are correct and Joe wins I don't think he will last long, I think Nancy tipped her hand about that today, them Kamala is going to be our president. That should scare everybody.

I said that very thing when Biden, under the direction and authority of the Marxist Party, "announced" Anchor Baby Harris as his communist VP pick. Biden was hand picked because he appeals to the baby boomer moderate democrat base who live in the fantasy that Biden will represent JFK ideals and policies. The Marxist party knew full well that Bolshevik Bernie and the other leftist radicals wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in hell of defeating Trump. The Marxist party played on that strategy knowing that Biden won't last 3 months as president. Biden is a an empty suit, a marionette, and nothing more. He's so far gone mentally that I seriously doubt that even Biden knows he's being played in a game that designed to destroy America once and for all. 
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,758 Senior Member
    Isn't it comforting to know that the demonicrats will do ANYTHING to have enough power to get away with ANYTHING???
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!