Home Main Category Hunting

Steve Rinella is back

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPodunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
edited October 2020 in Hunting #1
Seasons 7 - 9  of Meat Eater are now available on Netflix.  I watched the first 4 episodes of season 7 today.  They were good, even though Rinella never tried a shot on any of these episodes.
Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Eastern NebraskaPosts: 8,155 Senior Member
    I really enjoy just about every hunt he offers, even when they’re dry.  Always learn something.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Northland, New ZealandPosts: 954 Senior Member
    He's got a lot of good stuff on Meat eater's youtube channel as well, including early seasons full episodes.
    I've really enjoyed his Das Boat and Dos Boat fishing series on there in particular.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,067 Senior Member
    Really enjoy his show. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,823 Senior Member
    Good to know, Jerry. Thanks for the heads up.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • N454casullN454casull Member Posts: 688 Senior Member
    Good old Ben O’Brien former Chief Mod here, is the MeatEater Director of hunting. 
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,661 Senior Member
    I thought I saw his name! Wondered if it was the same guy.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JayJay Senior Member New Mexico/TexasPosts: 4,547 Senior Member
    Good ol' Bob.... 

Watched a couple of hours of episodes last night. I'm working on quitting smoking, so watching them humping around on mountain sides at 10k feet helps with the motivation, to be able to do stuff like that and actually be able to breath a little...  :#
    Jay said:
    Good ol' Bob.... 

Watched a couple of hours of episodes last night. I'm working on quitting smoking, so watching them humping around on mountain sides at 10k feet helps with the motivation, to be able to do stuff like that and actually be able to breath a little...  :#
    Google lung cancer and oral cancer, click on pictures, hang in there, it is doable, hunting season is a tough time to quit tobacco.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JayJay Senior Member New Mexico/TexasPosts: 4,547 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:

hunting season is a tough time to quit tobacco.
    I have a pistol shoot coming up this weekend, then deer hunt 2 weeks after that. It'll be interesting. But at least I'll be out, away from the daily BS and enjoying being outdoors. I've been dipping or smoking for 27 years. It's going to suck a little no matter what.. but has to be done.

Hopefully nobody does anything stupid..

Been there done that, quitting smoking was not too bad, quitting chewing was a bear, especially at deer camp, we all chewed the same stuff, I can still smell chew on occasion with a vehicle passing me as I am on foot waiting to cross the street, I still dream I am chewing once in awhile, it has been like 20 years.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Been there done that, quitting smoking was not too bad, quitting chewing was a bear, especially at deer camp, we all chewed the same stuff, I can still smell chew on occasion with a vehicle passing me as I am on foot waiting to cross the street, I still dream I am chewing once in awhile, it has been like 20 years.
    I've done both, but not for that long.  I was in my early 20s, and only did it for about a year and a half.  I consider myself lucky that I was able to quit when I did.

As for both smoking and dipping/chewing, I know people with the same experiences you cited.  According to them, quitting smoking was nothing compared to quitting chewing or dipping.  My dad quit smoking after 20 years or so, and took up chewing.  He never quit his chewing habit.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.