Home Main Category General Firearms

As much as I HATE saying this...

GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,337 Senior Member
edited October 2020 in General Firearms #1
This could very well be the ultimate carry gun for me.   The short little barrel does not dig into the family jewels when I carry AIWB.  The grip is JUST long enough that I can wrap my whole hand around it without pinky extensions on the mag.  The new TFO sights just magically appear on target when I draw.

This FrankenGlock 43X, at 25ozs fully loaded, weights the same as my UltraCarry empty and with the new Shield Arms magazine it has 16 9mm Freedom pills to dispense before a reload!!!

I guess I’ll have to learn to live with myself 😱


Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

«1

Replies

  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,567 Senior Member
    When you dispense with the irrelevant poncey matters of aesthetics and complaining that it's lacking the features of a full-on race/Bullseye pistol, the Glocks pretty much will always win if you compile a matrix of reliability, durability, simplicity, and cost.

    If it helps you out GunNut, your blued steel Smiths or Colts would wear white and rust, and then you'd be sad. :D
    WWJMBD?

    "Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,533 Senior Member
    If I could just get past that grip angle.

    Glad you found a keeper.  Even cooler that you Frankened it yourself.

    That's all I got.

    Paul
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,173 Senior Member
    “Freedom Pill”?
    That something you picked up in your high speed training?😒

    Gun looks good. Glad you like it and it works for you. 

    Please don’t start walking, talking, dressing like the gay assortment of firearms Instructors who grace the range with theatrical antics and superfluous motions. 

    I’ll kick you in the yams. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,173 Senior Member
    Sorry, just saw some serious gayness on FB. Some organization called Warrior Poet Society that teaches classes or something. Wanted to vomit!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,173 Senior Member
    Glock has been my favorite defensive pistol for 30 some years. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,567 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    “Freedom Pill”?
    That something you picked up in your high speed training?😒
    You could take the other side.  George Washington could easily have referred to the Brit's musket balls as "Oppression Orbs" or "Suppression Spheres"
     
    Othias on the historically-oriented C&Rsenal has referred to ammo as "Danger Beans"
    WWJMBD?

    "Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,337 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    “Freedom Pill”?
    That something you picked up in your high speed training?😒

    Gun looks good. Glad you like it and it works for you. 

    Please don’t start walking, talking, dressing like the gay assortment of firearms Instructors who grace the range with theatrical antics and superfluous motions. 

    I’ll kick you in the yams. 
    I can always count on you to keep me grounded.  Ok, I'll save my tactical pants for class...  :D


    Ps. no high speed training.  I'm old and slow at best... :#
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,337 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Glock has been my favorite defensive pistol for 30 some years. 
    I know, just when I'm just about sick of your harping on it I have to start agreeing.  Soooooooo freakin' annoying... 
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,337 Senior Member
    PFD said:
    If I could just get past that grip angle.

    Glad you found a keeper.  Even cooler that you Frankened it yourself.

    I got past the grip angle.  It was MY grip that was wrong.  One fraction of an inch forward with my support hand and a few ounces of pressure with my thumb and all of a sudden I was sending lead as fast as I needed to out to targets to great effect.   Funny how that works...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,337 Senior Member
    Bigslug said:
    When you dispense with the irrelevant poncey matters of aesthetics and complaining that it's lacking the features of a full-on race/Bullseye pistol, the Glocks pretty much will always win if you compile a matrix of reliability, durability, simplicity, and cost.

    If it helps you out GunNut, your blued steel Smiths or Colts would wear white and rust, and then you'd be sad. :D
    I know, I KNOW!!!  sucks though...  I need pretty...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,337 Senior Member
    Bigslug said:
    Zee said:
    “Freedom Pill”?
    That something you picked up in your high speed training?😒
    You could take the other side.  George Washington could easily have referred to the Brit's musket balls as "Oppression Orbs" or "Suppression Spheres"
     
    Othias on the historically-oriented C&Rsenal has referred to ammo as "Danger Beans"
     :D 
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,173 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Zee said:
    Glock has been my favorite defensive pistol for 30 some years. 
    I know, just when I'm just about sick of your harping on it I have to start agreeing.  Soooooooo freakin' annoying... 
    Slow learner, eh?
    😁
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,173 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Zee said:
    “Freedom Pill”?
    That something you picked up in your high speed training?😒

    Gun looks good. Glad you like it and it works for you. 

    Please don’t start walking, talking, dressing like the gay assortment of firearms Instructors who grace the range with theatrical antics and superfluous motions. 

    I’ll kick you in the yams. 
    I can always count on you to keep me grounded.  Ok, I'll save my tactical pants for class...  :D


    Ps. no high speed training.  I'm old and slow at best... :#
    Hey, I’m gonna go help some cops tomorrow  with their pistol training. 

    I’m gonna wear a kilt and a t-shirt. 😎
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,337 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    GunNut said:
    Zee said:
    Glock has been my favorite defensive pistol for 30 some years. 
    I know, just when I'm just about sick of your harping on it I have to start agreeing.  Soooooooo freakin' annoying... 
    Slow learner, eh?
    😁
    I have been called that before.  Rhymes with obstinate? :sunglasses:
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,323 Senior Member
    PFD said:
    If I could just get past that grip angle.

    Glad you found a keeper.  Even cooler that you Frankened it yourself.

    Take a look at Polymer80 if you haven't as yet...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,503 Senior Member
    Ya know, I never wanted to love a gun like I did the Glock 43.  Unlike other Glocks, it felt good in my hand.  I found it easy to carry, IWB or OWB, it just disappeared.  The only problem was I could not shoot it worth a darn.  Rounds were all over the target from as close as 12 feet.  I shot with one of the instructors from MARFORSOUTH, he had me try two different grips with even worse results.  He handed me his Glock, I shot the same, his Sig, very nice groups, my Shield, even better group. A 1911 and the group was even better. He suggested I carry the Shield, I many months later sold the 43.
    They are a great gun, function flawlessly, but they aren't for me
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,337 Senior Member
    Again I want to highlight the Shield Arms 15 round mag for the 48 and 43x.  It’s a winner!!!  I’ve never had such a compact package with so much firepower...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,219 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    GunNut said:
    Zee said:
    “Freedom Pill”?
    That something you picked up in your high speed training?😒

    Gun looks good. Glad you like it and it works for you. 

    Please don’t start walking, talking, dressing like the gay assortment of firearms Instructors who grace the range with theatrical antics and superfluous motions. 

    I’ll kick you in the yams. 
    I can always count on you to keep me grounded.  Ok, I'll save my tactical pants for class...  :D


    Ps. no high speed training.  I'm old and slow at best... :#
    Hey, I’m gonna go help some cops tomorrow  with their pistol training. 

    I’m gonna wear a kilt and a t-shirt. 😎
    You should have their undivided attention. Make sure you make a big "show" when you bend over to pick up an ejected live round ;)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,173 Senior Member
    I’ll Captain Morgan a lot when they’re sitting on the benches. 😁
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,219 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    This could very well be the ultimate carry gun for me.   The short little barrel does not dig into the family jewels when I carry AIWB.  The grip is JUST long enough that I can wrap my whole hand around it without pinky extensions on the mag.  The new TFO sights just magically appear on target when I draw.

    This FrankenGlock 43X, at 25ozs fully loaded, weights the same as my UltraCarry empty and with the new Shield Arms magazine it has 16 9mm Freedom pills to dispense before a reload!!!

    I guess I’ll have to learn to live with myself 😱


    All I am reading here is that you will be thinning the herd soon :D

    Seriously though, I have been following this to see how it worked out for you, I think it was a good plan.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,337 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    GunNut said:
    Zee said:
    “Freedom Pill”?
    That something you picked up in your high speed training?😒

    Gun looks good. Glad you like it and it works for you. 

    Please don’t start walking, talking, dressing like the gay assortment of firearms Instructors who grace the range with theatrical antics and superfluous motions. 

    I’ll kick you in the yams. 
    I can always count on you to keep me grounded.  Ok, I'll save my tactical pants for class...  :D


    Ps. no high speed training.  I'm old and slow at best... :#
    Hey, I’m gonna go help some cops tomorrow  with their pistol training. 

    I’m gonna wear a kilt and a t-shirt. 😎
    Pictures/video or it didn’t happen!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,337 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    GunNut said:
    This could very well be the ultimate carry gun for me.   The short little barrel does not dig into the family jewels when I carry AIWB.  The grip is JUST long enough that I can wrap my whole hand around it without pinky extensions on the mag.  The new TFO sights just magically appear on target when I draw.

    This FrankenGlock 43X, at 25ozs fully loaded, weights the same as my UltraCarry empty and with the new Shield Arms magazine it has 16 9mm Freedom pills to dispense before a reload!!!

    I guess I’ll have to learn to live with myself 😱


    All I am reading here is that you will be thinning the herd soon :D

    Seriously though, I have been following this to see how it worked out for you, I think it was a good plan.
    Don’t know if I’d call it a plan.  At least not mine.  Pieces just fell into place.  Maybe God’s plan to teach me something? 😁
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,337 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    Ya know, I never wanted to love a gun like I did the Glock 43.  Unlike other Glocks, it felt good in my hand.  I found it easy to carry, IWB or OWB, it just disappeared.  The only problem was I could not shoot it worth a darn.  Rounds were all over the target from as close as 12 feet.  I shot with one of the instructors from MARFORSOUTH, he had me try two different grips with even worse results.  He handed me his Glock, I shot the same, his Sig, very nice groups, my Shield, even better group. A 1911 and the group was even better. He suggested I carry the Shield, I many months later sold the 43.
    They are a great gun, function flawlessly, but they aren't for me
    Remember how I helped you fix your grip with the Commander?  Someone did the same for me for this Glock...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,856 Senior Member
    A Glock 48 MOS is on my short list. 
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,466 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Zee said:
    “Freedom Pill”?
    That something you picked up in your high speed training?😒

    Gun looks good. Glad you like it and it works for you. 

    Please don’t start walking, talking, dressing like the gay assortment of firearms Instructors who grace the range with theatrical antics and superfluous motions. 

    I’ll kick you in the yams. 



    Ps. no high speed training.  I'm old and slow at best... :#

    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,337 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Zee said:
    “Freedom Pill”?
    That something you picked up in your high speed training?😒

    Gun looks good. Glad you like it and it works for you. 

    Please don’t start walking, talking, dressing like the gay assortment of firearms Instructors who grace the range with theatrical antics and superfluous motions. 

    I’ll kick you in the yams. 



    Ps. no high speed training.  I'm old and slow at best... :#

    Yep, that 🤣
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,337 Senior Member
    A Glock 48 MOS is on my short list. 
    👍👍👍
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I like my G26 because it naturally points on target when I bring it up to eye level. The G17 points high because of that 'hump' on the lower back of the grip.The G26 takes G17 high cap magazines, so it's all good.

    Regarding the Polymer 80 that Zorba  mentioned, I bought and completed two 9mm pistol kits before prices went through the roof. I lucked out on the uppers and lower parts kits because I got 2 pistols with heavily damaged lower receivers for cheap. A belt sander with fine grit belts corrected that funky grip hump.

    For what it's worth, I did both on my mini mill in the living room. Fun stuff!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,337 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    I like my G26 because it naturally points on target when I bring it up to eye level. The G17 points high because of that 'hump' on the lower back of the grip.The G26 takes G17 high cap magazines, so it's all good.

    Regarding the Polymer 80 that Zorba  mentioned, I bought and completed two 9mm pistol kits before prices went through the roof. I lucked out on the uppers and lower parts kits because I got 2 pistols with heavily damaged lower receivers for cheap. A belt sander with fine grit belts corrected that funky grip hump.

    For what it's worth, I did both on my mini mill in the living room. Fun stuff!
    The standard Glock frames have always felt “fat” to me, and to be fair even a standard 1911 feels “fat” too.  That’s why all my 1911s get slim grips as soon as I buy them.  The hump on the back of the standard frame doesn’t help either since I’m a flat MSH devotee too.  I don’t have huge hands for a guy my size.  So when I draw a standard Glock it comes out pointing to the right for me which is unacceptable personally.

    This is the first time a Glock frame has felt right in my hands because of its size.  At draw it’s straight in my hand and pointing naturally.  This and gaining a better grip that helped me with my trigger issues with the lighter framed gun has made all the difference in the world!

    What kind of mini mill do you have?  I’ve looked at a few but I don’t know enough about them to make an investment comfortably.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

    General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

  • TugarTugar Senior Member Posts: 2,336 Senior Member
    The Gen 5 is the first one I have been able to shoot decently. I still prefer my SR9c. My constant companion now.

    Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.
    Winston Churchill
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement