Home Main Category Clubhouse

Back from the dead literally

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberJ&D Ranch - North Central TXPosts: 2,548 Senior Member
With a thousand tears and so many thousands of prayers I’m working my way back slowly.   I was put on a special air ambulance with incubator with COVID-19 pneumonia in critical condition almost two weeks ago and rushed to a Dallas area trama hospital. was on life support for the first 6 days. It’s very slow going. I still have an air hose in.   I started physical therapy today. They kick my butt.  Tomorrow is day 11 I think. I haven’t slept in 4 days. The drugs give me horrific hallucinations and double vision sight. I pray all days and night. Thank you everyone   Still have a way to go
Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    WELCOME Back Jeff
    Keep getting better
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member A true 'Southerner'. NZPosts: 8,401 Senior Member
    Prayers continuing from down here Jeff.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,309 Senior Member
    Damn, Jeff.  

Prayers continuing!  Get better!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,280 Senior Member
    Welcome back...glad you're on the mend...
    Being in the ICU is exhausting...you may be unconscious but you're not getting any real rest...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,659 Senior Member
    That is good news! I will continue praying o:)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    Thank God/dess you're getting better. This crap hits everybody different.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 1,370 Senior Member
    Tickles my heart to see that you're on the mend, granted it's slow going. You have my continued prayers my friend.
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
  • Lonewolf-PeruLonewolf-Peru Member Lima, PeruPosts: 714 Senior Member
    Hope you will be fully recovered soon
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Eupora, MSPosts: 2,814 Senior Member
    Glad to hear you’re getting better!!
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Lima, PeruPosts: 2,986 Senior Member
    Good! hoping for fast, steady and full recovery.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Panama City, Fl.Posts: 8,687 Senior Member
    WOW! Hang in there and get well soon!! Didn't know it hammered you so hard!!
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
    Good to hear that you're on the road to recovery. 
  • RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 386 Member
    Jeff, not going to fib. Looking at your picture hurts me more than you can imagine. Hope your recovery speeds the heck up.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    More prayers sent.  I'm glad you're doing better, and looking for to stories of your next hunting adventures.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,309 Senior Member
    . The drugs give me horrific hallucinations and double vision sight. 
    So.... which drugs?

Asking for a friend.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Glad to hear you're doing better! Do the physical therapy and get stronger, and get out of that hospital. Pneumonia is bad all by itself; looks like you getting O2 so that's good. Breathe deep and suck a hickey on that O2 hose; O2 is good stuff; the body needs it to heal with compromised breathing.

Get healed up and out of that place soon. It's near deer season and you don't want to be disappointing Bambi! Continued prayers for a quick and full recovery!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,280 Senior Member
    There is this thing called ICU psychosis...what you're describing is spot on for it...not uncommon but it comes from the sheer exhaustion of not getting good sleep.
    .. Keeping you in our thoughts
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Lincoln, CAPosts: 1,421 Senior Member
    Welcome back!  Sorry for your ordeal but you're a victor!  Prayers sent for a continued recovery and continued better health.  
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,821 Senior Member
    Hang in there, Buddy! Prayers continuing.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • ilove22silove22s Senior Member OregonPosts: 1,526 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about you getting COVID.

Im am so surprised that some people dont think its real or that its not a big deal.  I hope if you meet someone that thinks it not a big deal, you give them your 0.02 !

A good friend thinks its fake since he doesn't know of anyone that has died.  I asked if my death would be good enough... no answer of course.  But you can't tell some people somethings....

and then NO ONE knows the long term affects of getting this bug.  So, of course there are people with short term memory and then they will also deny whats going on...

get rest and get better...
    The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
    Get well soon, hey   o:)
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member North DakotaPosts: 2,985 Senior Member
    Jeff you will stay in our prayers. Get well.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    Get well soon Jeff.

Folks I've talked to say you're in for a rough ride. Hang in there and when you're feeling better send us an updated, more festive looking pic because, Dang! :o

Hang in there, flirt with a few nurses then blame it on the drugs.
    Seriously, get better soon. 🙏
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• bellcatbellcat Senior Member South DakotaPosts: 2,040 Senior Member
    Keep fighting!!! 
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 1,388 Senior Member
    You are in my prayers.....keep being a fighter 
  • bklysenbklysen Member Posts: 520 Senior Member
    Wow, keep your chin up and continue to heal. 
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Kicking Covid’s ass like a good Texan should!  Continued prayers brother!!!!
  • KMT2KMT2 Member Byron Center MichiganPosts: 373 Member
    Prayers for a speedy recovery
    If you think OHSA is a little town in Wisconsin you may be in trouble!
    Peace is firing my guns or 60 feet below the surface of the water.
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Olsburg KansasPosts: 1,650 Senior Member
    Hope you have a speedy recovery, very sorry you have been ill.