Home Main Category Clubhouse

Back from the dead literally

Replies

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,821 Senior Member
    Keep doing your thing, and we'll keep doing ours!

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,750 Senior Member
    Hoping you get well soon!
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
  • Lonewolf-PeruLonewolf-Peru Member Lima, PeruPosts: 714 Senior Member
    Good to know that you are recovering

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    Great to hear from you Jeff.  keep getting better buddy
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member North DakotaPosts: 2,985 Senior Member
    Prayers will continue Jeff
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,659 Senior Member
    Just Prayed some more o:)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    Send us an updated pic when you get a chance. Keep getting better, fight through that rehab and we'll keep those 🙏 coming.

This is fantastic news. 👍
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    I'm glad to know you're doing better, Jeff.  More prayers on the way.  May God bless you and yours.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • HappySquidHappySquid Member Posts: 460 Member
    take it easy Jeff and be carefull, the recovery of your lungs can take more than 6 months. I know from experience, but those that have been hospitalised may be better of.  All the luck to You .
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Prayers continue buddy!
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member San Luis Valley, CoPosts: 564 Senior Member
    Best wishes and prayers for you Jeff. Hope you continue to improve.
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member A true 'Southerner'. NZPosts: 8,401 Senior Member
    What everyone else said Jeff goes for me too. Thanks for the update.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • KSUFirefighter2KSUFirefighter2 Posts: 39 Member
    Glad to hear your recovery continues! Keep fighting!

• ojrojr Senior Member New ZealandPosts: 1,341 Senior Member
    Come on back, soon as you can, enjoy reading your posts.
    The flight was uneventful, which is what one wants when one is transporting an Elephant.
     Reuters, Dec 2020.
    Bumped for an update from Jeff.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member J&D Ranch - North Central TXPosts: 2,548 Senior Member
    Hey guys, doing better each day.  My big draw back has been my heart rate during PT,  It will sky rocket just sitting up in the bed.  It took the cardiologist to look over all of my labs to see my kidneys were going crazy with the lasix causing my heart rate to go sky high.  I've been off the lasix for three days now and doing much better.  Monday, I should get moved to a full term rehab facility for a week or so and then hopefully home.  Today is day 28 in the hospital

In May I weighed 200 lbs and started walking 5 miles a day.  By Oct I was 175lb.  Yesterday they weighed me and I weighed 153 lbs.  I haven't weighed 150's since the early 90's when I was running marathons.  I have no muscle mass on my arms and legs.  I'm scary looking, but I know it will come back.
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
    All that matters is that you’re coming back brother!  You gave us quite the scare.  I’m very grateful to our Lord for your recovery.  
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    Glad to see you back here Jeff.  
    This freaking virus is no joke.  some get very sick like you, others worse, and some nothing or hardly any symptoms.   Keep getting better, we think of you often
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Glad you are progressing in the right direction, my experiences dining in San Antonio last month tell me it will be an enjoyable process putting that weight back on, good to see you posting. 
  • HappySquidHappySquid Member Posts: 460 Member
    Looking good Jeff just take it slow and easy

• bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member NW OhioPosts: 2,042 Senior Member
    Glad to hear you're getting better. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    That looks like the light at the end of the tunnel to me.  Glad you're re-cooping.  More prayers sent.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
    Really good news
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    Welcome back Jeff. Glad to hear you're progressing. It's gonna be a long road but you'll get there.

That's the unsavory nature of this virus, it affects everyone differently. Many shrug it off like a cold and others walk their last mile and there's a multitude in between. You can't know what group you'll be in so you gamble with your health and your life if you don't take it seriously.

Focus on getting better. We'll keep those prayers coming for a speedy recovery.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 479 Member
    Man sorry to hear that.  My whole house had it a couple weeks ago, all but me..  My youngest daughter was in the hospital for a week.  She has been home a week and is just now starting to breath better.  Best of luck to you.
    BamaakII said:
    Man sorry to hear that.  My whole house had it a couple weeks ago, all but me..  My youngest daughter was in the hospital for a week.  She has been home a week and is just now starting to breath better.  Best of luck to you.
    Glad your family is well!  
  • bklysenbklysen Member Posts: 520 Senior Member
    Man, frightening stuff to read throughout the early parts of this thread but fortunately, very encouraging lately. Very happy to hear that you're on the mend.
    You clean up well brother 😁