Home Main Category Clubhouse

Back from the dead literally

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    Much more better
    Keep it up Jeff
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 1,370 Senior Member
    Its amazing what a shower and shave can do for your moral. Keep it up my friend.
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    edited November 2020 #64
    Any idea how long you'll be on oxygen?
    Anyway, really glad you're doing better. That first post was incredibly scary. We lost a coworker to Covid back in early April. They sent everyone to work from home after that. So I was really worried about you when you posted that OP pic.
    Keep up the good work, keep getting better and keep us updated. We'll keep up those prayers because we can't take anything for granted.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,659 Senior Member
    Hope you are home soon looking through a scope at dinner standing under a feeder, get well soon hey.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member J&D Ranch - North Central TXPosts: 2,548 Senior Member
    Spk said:
    Any idea how long you'll be on oxygen?
    Anyway, really glad you're doing better. That first post was incredibly scary. We lost a coworker to Covid back in early April. They sent everyone to work from home after that. So I was really worried about you when you posted that OP pic.
    Keep up the good work, keep getting better and keep us updated. We'll keep up those prayers because we can't take anything for granted.
    I’m on 1 liter though I should be off in a day or so. I believe I’ll be headed home next Wed or Thur. I’ll find out for sure tomorrow. I’m still going to need PT however I’m walking so so with a walker. Each day I get stronger. Today PT about killed me. I had my morning session from 10:30 to noon and my afternoon session from 1 to 2:30. The sessions were too close together and I didn’t really have time to recoup. Today I used weights and rubber bands. They really wore me out. 

Best part is tomorrow I get to do it again 🙁😎
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
     o:) keep at it, hey
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member North DakotaPosts: 2,985 Senior Member
    Glad to see you doing better, will continue with prayers for your complete recovery.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member A true 'Southerner'. NZPosts: 8,401 Senior Member
    Great news Jeff. I look forward to more good news about your recovery.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member J&D Ranch - North Central TXPosts: 2,548 Senior Member
    The doc came in. They’re discharging next Thursday to go home. He said he might recommend I stay through Monday but that would be my call. Nope, no way, next Thursday will be day 40 in the hospital. Both my PTs said to go home and start out patient PT. I’m ready to go home and I want so normalcy in my life.  We have an excellent rehab center in our little town. 

Counting down the days!

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Eupora, MSPosts: 2,814 Senior Member
    I know you can’t wait!  Good luck!! Glad you’re feeling better
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member NW OhioPosts: 2,042 Senior Member
    That"s good news! Glad to here your doing so well. Keep fighting the good fight.
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • HappySquidHappySquid Member Posts: 460 Member
    Good news Jeff,  take your time recouperating, possible longer lasting effects; headaches, sore troat reduced lung capacity. 
    Hoping the best for you
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,309 Senior Member
    Will they let you have a day pass for opening weekend?

glad you are doing better, Jeff. Real scary stuff
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    Great news, keep it up
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Great news, Jeff.  You have about 6-8 weeks to do a little deer hunting.  I hope (and pray) you are able to do so.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Still praying for you and your family Jeff.
    Keep at it. I know you're done with all this drama but it's gonna be a marathon so keep at it but remember to pace yourself so you can cross that finish line.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,309 Senior Member
    Jeff- don’t know if this was mentioned or not, but do you know (or suspect) where you contracted it?  
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,821 Senior Member
    edited November 2020 #79
    I can't even imagine 40 days, Jeff. After CA I spent 8 days in hospital. After 5 I was bouncing off the walls....

Glad you're doing better.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    Jeff- don’t know if this was mentioned or not, but do you know (or suspect) where you contracted it?  
    From church.  The weekend I came down with it we had a dozen plus people at church test positive that week.  Our church really tried hard to separate every other row, keep people apart and take temps of everyone coming in.  We've had so many more since then.  I've told our pastor he needs to shut down onsite services and just go online.  It's not worth the health of congregation but he won't do it.

I'm going home tomorrow morning.  Once home, I've told my wife no visitors I'm quarantined except on days I go to the rehab facility and don't you know I'll be taking every precaution.  Just looking forward to getting home.

• NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
     o:)   stay safe
    edited November 2020 #82
    From church.  The weekend I came down with it we had a dozen plus people at church test positive that week.  Our church really tried hard to separate every other row, keep people apart and take temps of everyone coming in.  We've had so many more since then.  I've told our pastor he needs to shut down onsite services and just go online.  It's not worth the health of congregation but he won't do it.

Maybe you need to remind him that a Shepard is supposed to care for his Flock. Love your neighbor as yourself, so I'm told. 😇
    After all, you can't serve two masters.

jmho

• HappySquidHappySquid Member Posts: 460 Member

I'm going home tomorrow morning.  Once home, I've told my wife no visitors I'm quarantined except on days I go to the rehab facility and don't you know I'll be taking every precaution.  Just looking forward to getting home.

Jeff, you are completely right,  its YOUR health and life,   stay safe
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Eupora, MSPosts: 2,814 Senior Member
    Great news. I know you started feeling better on the way home!
  • PFDPFD Senior Member PNWPosts: 1,840 Senior Member
    You must have a whole new outlook.
    Onward and upward. 👍
    That's all I got.

Paul
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Good news indeed, Jeff.  More prayers sent your way.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Welcome home Jeff, keep that chin up... And put on some weight, that Covid diet doesn't sit well with you. 😁

Great news Jeff, keep up the good work
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member North DakotaPosts: 2,985 Senior Member
    Great news Jeff, you keep up the good work and we will continue with the prayers.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    Yay!!!! Time to sign up for that dance class you've been putting off.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(