Home Main Category Clubhouse

How I spent my birthday evening...

GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
6 hours of work on this puppy 😁.  Gift from my wife so her name and year went in it to.

Damn my arm is SORE!!!

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,077 Senior Member
    👍🏻
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    👍🏻
    Thanks!  Kim loves it! 
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,566 Senior Member
    NICE
    Happy B-day
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,225 Senior Member
    NIIIIICE! I'm getting a tattoo for my next b-day as well. 6 hours is a long-ass time to be in the chair.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    Diver43 said:
    NICE
    Happy B-day
    Thanks brother!
    zorba said:
    NIIIIICE! I'm getting a tattoo for my next b-day as well. 6 hours is a long-ass time to be in the chair.
    Yes it is... specially when you are getting color in layers over and over in the same spot.  That field of blue was BRUTAL!!! 🤣
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Lima, PeruPosts: 2,986 Senior Member
    Happy birthday!
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Here's to wishing you a belated happy birthday!
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,315 Senior Member
    Happy birthday!

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,292 Senior Member
    Well done!
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member A true 'Southerner'. NZPosts: 8,403 Senior Member
    Happy birthday Brother. Will raise a glass to you on sunday night after I finish the next 3 days of charters.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    That's a cool 3%er flag tattoo. And Happy Birthday!

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:
    Yes it is... specially when you are getting color in layers over and over in the same spot.  That field of blue was BRUTAL!!! 🤣
    Yep - dark hurts! Do you have others?

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    zorba said:
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:

My first big one.  The artist was a little skeptical when I told him we'd do it in one session when I told him that.  Proved him wrong!  Mind over matter.  When I make up my mind, NOTHING else matters...  :D
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Lake County, FloridaPosts: 7,927 Senior Member
    Happy Birthday...beautiful Tat too (yes, meant it spelled that way....lol)
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,761 Senior Member
    Happy Birthday!! I'll never understand tattoo's but if it makes you happy. 
    edited October 2020 #18
    Antonio said:
    Happy birthday!
    Here's to wishing you a belated happy birthday!
    Happy birthday!

Jayhawker said:
    Well done!
    orchidman said:
    Happy birthday Brother. Will raise a glass to you on sunday night after I finish the next 3 days of charters.
    tennmike said:
    That's a cool 3%er flag tattoo. And Happy Birthday!

Thank you gentlemen!  Another year surrounded by fine friend such as yourselves is a blessing!
    Happy Birthday...beautiful Tat too (yes, meant it spelled that way....lol)
    Thanks!
    sakodude said:
    Happy Birthday!! I'll never understand tattoo's but if it makes you happy. 
    It took me a long time to get it too.  I got the first small one mostly for the experience many years ago.  But this one is really meaningful to me and it comes at exactly the right time in my life.  I can think of no better time to wear my undying love for this country literally on my sleeve....
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 1,370 Senior Member
    Very nice and a happy birthday brother!
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
    Very nice and a happy birthday brother!
    Thanks brother!  We need to catch up soon!
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:

My first big one.  The artist was a little skeptical when I told him we'd do it in one session when I told him that.  Proved him wrong!  Mind over matter.  When I make up my mind, NOTHING else matters...  :D
    Yea, my "tramp stamp" was 4, and that was plenty. Its pretty big, but its B&W and doesn't have the fill work yours does so time was shorter. I also had a nape of neck small one done, didn't take long, nor hurt near as much!

)O(
    zorba said:
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:

Yea, my "tramp stamp" was 4, and that was plenty. Its pretty big, but its B&W and doesn't have the fill work yours does so time was shorter. I also had a nape of neck small one done, didn't take long, nor hurt near as much!
    The guy did say that B/W is a little easier because it goes faster.  Almost made sorry I didn’t go that way 😁

But I’m glad I did what I did.  And the artist did say it’s like childbirth.  You shortly forget the pain and only the great tattoo remain.  Already thinking about the next one 😁
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:

The guy did say that B/W is a little easier because it goes faster.  Almost made sorry I didn’t go that way 😁

But I’m glad I did what I did.  And the artist did say it’s like childbirth.  You shortly forget the pain and only the great tattoo remain.  Already thinking about the next one 😁
    Yep, yep, and yep!

)O(
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,673 Senior Member
    Happy Birthday hey, looks good, I would have had the wife spend money to rub something besides ink on my body, but that's me o:)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,824 Senior Member
    Happy belated birthday, Bro!

Don't know how I missed this.

Are you still a youngster?

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull

Mike
    62!  Who knew I was gonna make it here, I would have been kinder to myself! 🤣
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Happy Birthday hey, looks good, I would have had the wife spend money to rub something besides ink on my body, but that's me o:)
    I got that too! 😁
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,824 Senior Member
    GunNut said:

Mike
    Well....we grew up on the same Saturday morning cartoons, for sure.

But I was 6 weeks premature, so you should be a month older than me......

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    GunNut said:

Mike
    There's an old saying for that. "If I'd known I was going to live this long then I'd have taken better care of myself!" :D 
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams