Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Who has voted?

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 8,121 Senior Member
Maybe the mods can make this a sticky.  I don't really care how you voted, but feel free to share if you so desire.

Texas has started early voting this week.  My wife and I took advantage of this today.  For whatever reason, Governor Abbot has declared that there can be one and only one early voting location per county.  My county has about 100K people, and the voting took 1.5-2 hours.  It was an exercise consisting of standing in one spot for about a minute, moving 6 feet, lather, rinse, repeat.  But, we have done our civic duty, and I'm glad this one's in the books for me.  

I promise I'll only vote once this election cycle. :)

For the record, I voted an all republican ticket.
Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
    edited October 2020 #2
    No early voting for me. Don't trust the mail and sure as heck don't trust my ballot sitting shelved somewhere only to be deposited in some random dumpster. My ballot is filled out and ready to be dropped off on election day.  
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,980 Senior Member
    Early voting here in 8 days...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,122 Senior Member
    Early voting in my county starts Monday.  I will be going to the Supervisor of Elections office to vote early in person, no mail-in ballot for me.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,758 Senior Member
    Early voting starts the 19th here.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • BarrydBarryd Member Posts: 197 Member
    Voted here in NC today.
    Barry
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,100 Senior Member
    I'll be voting on election day...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,454 Senior Member
    I'm voting on election day. Got to 'chew the fat' with some old friends of mine at the polling place and make fun of the opposition. It's been a time honored tradition here for a long time. I don't stir the pot none, though; I'm a little  o:) don'tcha know. :D 
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,227 Senior Member
    I have to vote early as I am working 12hr on election day. Was going to today, but there are some Ohio Supreme Court spots to vote on that I need to look up the candidates
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • X104RFASTX104RFAST Posts: 15 New Member
    Voted today, my second attempt due to long lines. Do to old age and Parkinson 
    standing in line for 40 minutes isn't gonna happen so today I took a lawn chair
    as did several other old farts. waiting line was about a hundred or so at 10
    o'clock 
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,693 Senior Member
    Voted by absentee ballot and took it to the courthouse last week. 
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,977 Senior Member
    Voted last Monday Oct. 19th.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,935 Senior Member
    Early voting starts tomorrow, will probably go Monday. Never had to wait in line, there's enough polling places, mines only a few blocks away! MAGA!!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,818 Senior Member
    Clean and I have voted
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,121 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    X104RFAST said:
    o'clock 
    In my area there are quite a few retirees and many can’t handle standing in line for long periods of time.  Several brought chairs with them and most people in line just asked them to get in front of them in the line or to just go sit in the shade and we’d save their place in line and get them when their turn came up.  It is a privilege to help other folks exercise their right.
    When we voted, there was an elderly gentleman behind us who was having difficulty standing.  A number of us ahead of him found him a chair, and insisted he go ahead of us.  I have no idea how he voted, but I was glad to help him all I could.
    Jerry

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,375 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    X104RFAST said:
    o'clock 
    In my area there are quite a few retirees and many can’t handle standing in line for long periods of time.  Several brought chairs with them and most people in line just asked them to get in front of them in the line or to just go sit in the shade and we’d save their place in line and get them when their turn came up.  It is a privilege to help other folks exercise their right.
    When we voted, there was an elderly gentleman behind us who was having difficulty standing.  A number of us ahead of him found him a chair, and insisted he go ahead of us.  I have no idea how he voted, but I was glad to help him all I could.
    It’s the decent thing to do regardless of politics.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 661 Senior Member
    Took my absentee ballot and dropped it in the box on Friday.

I applied for the ballot quite some time back. Checked the website to see it was supposedly mailed out on Sep 12th. Gave it a couple of weeks and called the office to find that it was supposedly actually mailed out on the 23rd. Was informed that they come from Arizona so I should expect it to take about 14 days. I think it was actually 12.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,263 Senior Member
    Dropped off our ballots yesterday. Probably a useless activity, since I'm highly suspicious my wife and I cancelled each other out.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,394 Senior Member
    I’ll vote on Election Day. MS doesn’t have early voting other than absentee. Not many in my precinct so I doubt I have wait. I’ll be surprised if it takes as long as 10 minutes
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,935 Senior Member
    Voted today in person. In and out in five minutes! KAGA!
    There's a lot of constitutional amendments one the ballot, so I researched everything before I made my decisions!! Sometimes the way they are worded can be confusing, like they're written by a lawyer!!  B)
    Big Al1 said:
    Voted today in person. In and out in five minutes! KAGA!
    There's a lot of constitutional amendments one the ballot, so I researched everything before I made my decisions!! Sometimes the way they are worded can be confusing, like they're written by a lawyer!!  B)
    There was an issue on the ballot for the primaries in Texas about state income tax.  The way it was worded was confusing, and just the opposite of what one might expect it to say.  
    Jerry

• kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,863 Senior Member
    Wife and I voted today. I usually just vote on election day but it is harder for the wife with her work hours. We had to wait for the line of people, 1 person, to go in before we could.
    Wife and I voted today. I usually just vote on election day but it is harder for the wife with her work hours. We had to wait for the line of people, 1 person, to go in before we could.
    Brutal. :)
    Jerry

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,156 Senior Member
    I usually just stop by the school on the way home from work and vote, but the last couple years i have voted early.  Only had a 10 minute wait when we went.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,454 Senior Member
    That hurricane in the Gulf is expected to move through the South on a NE track and cause lots of rain in the TN Valley, Alabama, and Mississippi on election day. Might affect turnout a good bit. Since most of East TN, AL, and MS is rural and farming folk it won't affect us much; farmers are used to working in nasty weather so it won't affect their turnout to vote much at all. Might keep the snowflakes and other Liberals inside, though. They fear melting in a rainstorm. I got a good umbrella!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,395 Senior Member
    Dropped off with the registrar last night.  Now back to digging the trench. . .
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 661 Senior Member
    Checked to see if my ballot was accepted and so far the website doesn't say. I'm gonna have to give them a call.
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,863 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    That hurricane in the Gulf is expected to move through the South on a NE track and cause lots of rain in the TN Valley, Alabama, and Mississippi on election day. Might affect turnout a good bit. Since most of East TN, AL, and MS is rural and farming folk it won't affect us much; farmers are used to working in nasty weather so it won't affect their turnout to vote much at all. Might keep the snowflakes and other Liberals inside, though. They fear melting in a rainstorm. I got a good umbrella!
    I was off work on Monday which is why we voted that day. We had ice and sleet and snow, schools were closed. I figured town would be a little slow but I couldn't tell the difference. 
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,305 Senior Member

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,396 Senior Member
    I have
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.