Home Main Category Clubhouse

Bond. James Bond.

zorbazorba Senior MemberMerrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
)O(

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,659 Senior Member
    I enjoyed his movies, did not care for him personally, hypocrite making a living in movies with gun violence 
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/007-under-fire-for-his-anti-gun-stance-1266583.html
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    Rest In Peace James
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member NW OhioPosts: 2,042 Senior Member
    RIP!
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member San Luis Valley, CoPosts: 564 Senior Member
    edited October 2020 #5
    RIP Sean, you provided us with lots of entertainment as you played with guns, then denied their use in real life, like so many other Hollywood phonies...
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
    His character in Last Crusade was good but the guy was a first class prick and full of himself. No tears here. 
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    May he RIP.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,696 Senior Member

And the 2020 vortex sucks down another. :(
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Outstanding actor, arguably one of the best.  RIP and thanks for many hours of great entertainment Sir Sean Connery.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member North DakotaPosts: 2,984 Senior Member
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,750 Senior Member
    edited November 2020 #11
    RIP Sean, you provided us with lots of entertainment as you played with guns, then denied their use in real life, like so many other Hollywood phonies...

He was English, for Christsake.  England has never, ever had a gun culture.  Very few gun fanciers/shooters in England.  Bloke on the Range, who is English, moved to Switzerland where gun ownership is a lot less restricted, although I don't know if that's the reason he moved.  Anyway, guns are a foreign concept to almost all Englishmen.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Lake County, FloridaPosts: 7,927 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    I enjoyed his movies, did not care for him personally, hypocrite making a living in movies with gun violence 
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/007-under-fire-for-his-anti-gun-stance-1266583.html

I liked Sean Connery, but he's no different than any other Hollyweed asshole leftist!!!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Lake County, FloridaPosts: 7,927 Senior Member
    Gene L said:

He was English, for Christsake.  England has never, ever had a gun culture.  Very few gun fanciers/shooters in England.  Bloke on the Range, who is English, moved to Switzerland where gun ownership is a lot less restricted, although I don't know if that's the reason he moved.  Anyway, guns are a foreign concept to almost all Englishmen.

The history of strict gun control (handguns) only goes back to the 1980's after a string of mass shootings. The people born after that have had the idea of owning handguns bred out of them. This is a relatively recent phenomena. There was regulation before the 1980's but the strictest laws were enacted in that period. The below article pretty much outlines the entire history of weapons control since the 16th century, at the bottom of the article.

JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    RIP Sean,

May you be reunited with your Bond girls.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 1,370 Senior Member
    Just a correction, he was Scottish. I also had no idea that he was 90 years of age. 
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,280 Senior Member
    I have never been a Bond fan, but I liked him in " The Wind and the Lion " and "A Man Who Would Be King"...also liked him in "The Longest Day" and "A Bridge Too Far"
    "
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,821 Senior Member
    I've always found all the Bond films silly, ever since watching the original when it came out. OTOH, once Connery shed the Bond sterotype...he was a damn good actor, possibly the equal of Duvall (that might be a bit of a stretch, though).

But, he was very full of himself by all accounts I've read over the years, and very anti-gun, although he "made his living with them" in a Hollywood sort of way.

OTOH, the previous iteration of Bond admitted he didn't know how to drive a stick

Actors are....well....what they are. It was once considered a much less respected way to make a living than farming. We've lost sight of that.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    It was once considered a much less respected way to make a living than farming. We've lost sight of that.
    And then there are dancers!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,821 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    It was once considered a much less respected way to make a living than farming. We've lost sight of that.
    And then there are dancers!
    Don't forget plow-mules. They regarded them highly, too.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Global NomadPosts: 6,071 Senior Member
    Politics be damned, I enjoyed his movies. RIP.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 715 Senior Member
    Since this thread is taking about 007. What are the thoughts on the upcoming 007?  If you’re like me just found out 007 is now female. I guess the Bond Girls will now be Bond Guys. Damn that sounds worse once I wrote that.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,060 Senior Member
    I haven’t watched a Bond movie since Roger Moor. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    Since this thread is taking about 007. What are the thoughts on the upcoming 007?  If you’re like me just found out 007 is now female. I guess the Bond Girls will now be Bond Bois. Damn that sounds worse once I wrote that.
    Fify

And yeah, it sounds pretty bad. Maybe it'll be as good as the new Ghostbusters movie.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,696 Senior Member
    If you’re like me just found out 007 is now female. I guess the Bond Girls will now be Bond Guys. Damn that sounds worse once I wrote that.
    Nah.  There will undoubtedly still be Bond Girls.  Service to Queen and Country will likely require ability to seduce ANYBODY.  

007:  brought to you by MGM. . .and The CW.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee